State Focus WA 2020 - Western Australia's junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the draft does only have 25-30 kids getting drafted this year due to reduced list sizes, what WA boys do you see still getting picked up?
O'driscoll and DGB are likely to be picked up in that situation. Western, Trew and Mcdonald would be the next in line out of the WA boys.

If the draft does only have 25-30 kids getting drafted this year due to reduced list sizes, what WA boys do you see still getting picked up?

"Easy"! :p ->
  • Zane Trew (Almost definite);
  • Nathan O'Driscoll (Almost definite); and
  • Denver Grainger-Barras (Almost definite);
Then only maybe to unlikely:
  • Logan McDonald (Probably depending on if anyone wants a tall); and
  • Joel Western (Freo Academy) (unlikely but maybe if someone needs that type).
Then others for (if there is a) Rookie Draft:
  • Heath Chapman; and
  • Brandon Walker (Freo Academy)

That is not to say that there are other better WA players, but with limited exposure these are the ones with enough runs on the board and kudos from eastern states recruiters.

"Easy"! :p ->
  • Zane Trew (Almost definite);
  • Nathan O'Driscoll (Almost definite); and
  • Denver Grainger-Barras (Almost definite);
Then only maybe to unlikely:
  • Logan McDonald (Probably depending on if anyone wants a tall); and
  • Joel Western (Freo Academy) (unlikely but maybe if someone needs that type).
Then others for (if there is a) Rookie Draft:
  • Heath Chapman; and
  • Brandon Walker (Freo Academy)

That is not to say that there are other better WA players, but with limited exposure these are the ones with enough runs on the board and kudos from eastern states recruiters.
i think chapman and mcdonald should be in the same bracket, western and walker in the other. Logan is more likely than not to get drafted and chapman is the maybe

Thoughts on tom medhat?
Missed out last year ,was he close? Whats his best position?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

how are all the WAFL clubs managing their 2004 cohort now that Futures is canned. Are they training with Colts?

how are all the WAFL clubs managing their 2004 cohort now that Futures is canned. Are they training with Colts?

I'd expect the clubs would invite their better players to train with the colts. Where was it announced that futures were canned?

I'd expect the clubs would invite their better players to train with the colts. Where was it announced that futures were canned?

Not canned but they aren’t training at all as of yet. I think they will focus on bringing them into colts training

Not canned but they aren’t training at all as of yet. I think they will focus on bringing them into colts training

the Futures Comp has officially been called off as per a WAFC announcement on 15th May. (remembering if this year was normal futures would have been done by now). Futures squads were effectively told to not return to their clubs but to go to their community clubs. There is consideration for a mini-futures carnival in July but no more details on that.
Last year East Fremantle invited their best Futures players to train from the end of futures and some of them got games near the end of the season. I know it had been mentioned to a few Futures boys already this year but they are currently not allowed to train with their Colts squad. Interesting if other clubs are allowing futures kids to train with Colts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the Futures Comp has officially been called off as per a WAFC announcement on 15th May. (remembering if this year was normal futures would have been done by now). Futures squads were effectively told to not return to their clubs but to go to their community clubs. There is consideration for a mini-futures carnival in July but no more details on that.
Last year East Fremantle invited their best Futures players to train from the end of futures and some of them got games near the end of the season. I know it had been mentioned to a few Futures boys already this year but they are currently not allowed to train with their Colts squad. Interesting if other clubs are allowing futures kids to train with Colts.

Wow. We haven’t been officially told by the clubs. Swans have at least 4 training.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The WAFL colts are meant to be starting pre seasons around the 11th of July. Not long to go now.

Anyone go to the PSA games yesterday?
I see Hale whacked Wesley and Scotch and AC had a tight hustle with Scotch kicking a late goal to nab the game.

The captain of Aquinas (photo in article) is Patrick Cripps brother, Josh. Big unit as you can see.

I see Cripps jnr did an ACL in the Trinity game and is gone for the year....very disappointing for the young fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back