State Focus WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry I missed this.

I got put off my asking about this kid as someone accused me of being his dad (which I am definitely not). Thought he was very solid in the half of Colts game I watched and someone today told me they watched his school game and said he played a cracker for Aquinas this weekend. And also Curtain (also ‘04) for Scotch. I know they’re televised but I don’t have time for that.
I watched the PSA game and would have to agree, Cleaver was very good. Wouldn't say he's a dashing half back but very composed and a lovely kick. Also think that Max Mumme (Grandson of WAFL legend Les) should be looked at for the draft. Slightly undersized yes but he just looks a class above every game he plays and always hits the scoreboard too, could play a similar role to Luke Breust IMO

I watched the PSA game and would have to agree, Cleaver was very good. Wouldn't say he's a dashing half back but very composed and a lovely kick. Also think that Max Mumme (Grandson of WAFL legend Les) should be looked at for the draft. Slightly undersized yes but he just looks a class above every game he plays and always hits the scoreboard too, could play a similar role to Luke Breust IMO
How did Warner and Motlop go? Mumme would be similar size to Warner yes?

How did Warner and Motlop go? Mumme would be similar size to Warner yes?
Motlop looked dangerous through the middle, very evasive at stoppages and Centre bounces showing explosive speed. Don't think he has the tank or polish to be an AFL Mid tho so I'd rather see him spend more time working on his forward craft, looked at his best with that 12 goal game last year as a small forward. He missed a few straight forward set shots in the last q that could've made a game of it.
Warner similar size to Mumme yes, he kicked a good running goal and goes alright in the middle but he's definitely more of an outside mid. Doesn't have the grunt or size like Chad but good foot skills. He'd be lucky to get drafted I reckon, doesn't quite have the POD over other outside mid prospects.

Haven’t seen them...
17’s squad minus some PSA players V EF Colts. Their squad have about 30 players and will play 3 trial games to help determine their travelling team in July. PSA kids will miss one of the three games each so they can play for their school that weekend.
19’s- another 30 odd players added to their original squad and will be playing each other on Saturday. Original squad only had about 20 odd kids so the extras needed to be added to ensure a suitable opponent. One would assume all named PSA players will play in this as this squad are effectively a step behind the 17’s and this squad needs to be expanded and finalised at some stage so they can start training prior to the National carnival later in the year.

17’s squad minus some PSA players V EF Colts. Their squad have about 30 players and will play 3 trial games to help determine their travelling team in July. PSA kids will miss one of the three games each so they can play for their school that weekend.
19’s- another 30 odd players added to their original squad and will be playing each other on Saturday. Original squad only had about 20 odd kids so the extras needed to be added to ensure a suitable opponent. One would assume all named PSA players will play in this as this squad are effectively a step behind the 17’s and this squad needs to be expanded and finalised at some stage so they can start training prior to the National carnival later in the year.

I would like to see the squads with the additions. Hoping Richard Farmer is one. Lightning footwork. Beautiful sidestep. Great energy. Maybe a bit small for AFL though.

Tyzreise Clark is another Subi Indigenous lad who is impressive.

In fact Subi have some outstanding Aboriginal colts this year - Farmer, Clark as mentioned......Ezekiel Bolton, Cruz Woodley, Tyrell Dewar, Robert Hansen Jnr, Lance Collard and Tennessee Kickett...just a matter of fitting them in when available.

The West Australian has announced the extended U/19's squad. I'm not a subscriber but for those of you who are you can see what it is. Let us know what it is if you can?

The West Australian has announced the extended U/19's squad. I'm not a subscriber but for those of you who are you can see what it is. Let us know what it is if you can?

State 19s trial match
Angus Sheldrick (Claremont/Christ Church)
Arthur Jones (Claremont/Wesley College)
Eric Benning (Claremont)
Jacob van Rooyen (Claremont)
Jahmal Stretch (Claremont)
Kendyl Blurton (Claremont)
Max Mumme Claremont/Scotch College)
Patrick Kitchener (Claremont)
Talon Delacey (Claremont)
Corey Warner (East Fremantle/Aquinas College)
Ed Curley (East Fremantle)
Finn Gorringe (East Fremantle)
Jack Williams (East Fremantle)
Josh Browne (East Fremantle)
Judd McVee (East Fremantle)
Kobe McMillan (East Fremantle)
Taj Woewodin (East Fremantle)
Ethan Regan (East Perth)
Harrison Della Franca (East Perth)
Jake Littleton (East Perth)
James Tunstill (East Perth)
Jye Amiss (East Perth)
Kade Dittmar (East Perth)
Kaden Harbour (East Perth)
Oscar Armstrong (East Perth)
Brady Hough (Peel Thunder)
Jarrad McIlvinney (Peel Thunder)
Josh Edwards (Peel Thunder)
Luke Polson (Peel Thunder)
Jack Avery (Perth)
Jaiden Hunter (Perth)
Jesse Motlop (South Fremantle/Aquinas College)
Lachlan Turley (South Fremantle/Aquinas College)
Mitchell Sinnott (South Fremantle/Aquinas College)
Jake South (Subiaco)
Matthew Johnson (Subiaco)
Neil Erasmus (Subiaco/Hale)
Richard Farmer (Subiaco/Hale)
Bryce Watson (Swan Districts)
Lawson Humphries (Swan Districts)
Max Chipper (Swan Districts)
Rhett Bazzo (Swan Districts/Guildford Grammar)
Will Collins (Swan Districts)
Kellen Johnson (West Perth)
Lochlan Paton (West Perth)
Michael Mallard (West Perth)
Zac Fleiner (West Perth)

Thanks mate......much appreciated.

What is the cut-off age for the final squad? Is it 1-07-2002 or 1-01-2003?
No worries. From my understanding, the 19’s are anyone born 2002 and 2003.
The 17’s must be 2004 and maybe 2005 born?
It’s always been year of birth- the June cut off applies to school years.

It confuses me......some of the 2002 kids have gone up to reserves...like Lachlan Vanirsen....while Avery is still playing colts as an overager. Avery in, Vanirsen not. Seems a bit messy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see the squads with the additions. Hoping Richard Farmer is one. Lightning footwork. Beautiful sidestep. Great energy. Maybe a bit small for AFL though.

Tyzreise Clark is another Subi Indigenous lad who is impressive.

In fact Subi have some outstanding Aboriginal colts this year - Farmer, Clark as mentioned......Ezekiel Bolton, Cruz Woodley, Tyrell Dewar, Robert Hansen Jnr, Lance Collard and Tennessee Kickett...just a matter of fitting them in when available.

Subi have another one as well Clinton Colbung very very good basketballer and footballer plays as a 198cm forward with time in the ruck
Pretty special kid but needs to decide on footy and start training with subi colts team regularly.
He is a huge unit, but moves incredibly well, and reads the play well.
If subi colts coach can get him to commit to footy and get him training every week, needs to loose about 2 or 3 kilos.
They will have a very very good footballer Stephen Michael like talent, this kid.
Very rare to get a Indigenous kid his size and footballing ability.
Get him away from basketball and get him commit to footy and just play him at colts level clubs will drool over him.

Subi have another one as well Clinton Colbung very very good basketballer and footballer plays as a 198cm forward with time in the ruck
Pretty special kid but needs to decide on footy and start training with subi colts team regularly.
If subi colts coach can get him to commit to footy and get him training every week, needs to loose about 2 or 3 kilos.
They will have a very very good footballer Stephen Michael like talent, this kid.
Get him away from basketball and get him commit to footy and just play him at colts level clubs will drool over him.
How old is he?

I think Clinton Colbung would have to lose about 10kg at least.

Hope he gets there.

Looking at his stats from WABL, his stats are very underwhelming.

Only playing 18 Division 2 isn't a great acheivement.

197cm isn't big in basketball.

At his height he needs to have a 3 shot and be extremely athletic.

That's why Luke Jackson gave up basketball.

Luke Jackson was a starter for Australia at the world champs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back