State Focus WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah. What are those unique traits?
Paton has great speed and leap, Browne has good agility and McVee has got a great burst from stoppages. In terms of player traits Paton is perhaps the most dynamic with his ability to go forward, Browne the more composed and smooth mover and McVee that more explosive player at stoppages.

Paton has great speed and leap, Browne has good agility and McVee has got a great burst from stoppages. In terms of player traits Paton is perhaps the most dynamic with his ability to go forward, Browne the more composed and smooth mover and McVee that more explosive player at stoppages.
Good agility doesn't sound that exciting or unique.

McVee, Browne and Paton are other mids to look out for all bringing something unique athletically.
They'd have to be pretty good to be anywhere near Johnson, appears to have the attributes to be a very good AFL footballer.

Interesting to see Jack Avery named in the Perth Colts this weekend.

Does any of the Claremont supporters know why he left?

Interesting to see Jack Avery named in the Perth Colts this weekend.

Does any of the Claremont supporters know why he left?
Only two 19 year old's born in first half of the year can play each game. Claremont decided he wasn't in that best 2 so told him he effectively wouldn't be required. Perth dangled the carrot of senior opportunities this season so he left.

Only two 19 year old's born in first half of the year can play each game. Claremont decided he wasn't in that best 2 so told him he effectively wouldn't be required. Perth dangled the carrot of senior opportunities this season so he left.
What's the knock on him? Not tall enough?

Could find the footy from what I saw. Why not transition him to seniors?

What's the knock on him? Not tall enough?

Could find the footy from what I saw. Why not transition him to seniors?

He played last week. Was definitely a stand out

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jack Williams was handy for EF in their pre-season game against WC last night. Good compete level. Kicked 2 goals. Was playing on Ben Fitzgerald (WAFL top-up) and Harry Edwards. Needs to get a little bit stronger, can get pushed around in the contest, and doesn't have too much speed when the ball hits the deck. Dropped a straight forward mark on the lead but his follow-up work was impressive, given last year he'd drop his head a bit and sulk when he wasn't playing too well at FF. East Freo have a lot of players to come back in next week, but I'd like to see him keep his spot ahead of Lachy Bailey (although Bailey can pinch-hit in the ruck, and if McGuire doesn't play R1 it leaves Strnadica to ruck alone which necessitates Bailey in the team). He looks like he should dominate at colts level and be serviceable in the league side.

Tim Bockman has some serious X-factor. Hope he can put it all together at league level this year. Cedric Cox has some tricks but just floats in and out of games, no real impact.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TGJ 1996, have you seen EF colts play this pre-season? If so any standouts? I see Hagan has missed the last two games...injured or rested?

Does anyone know the deal about Freo NGA player Tristan Jacques? Didn't play colts at EF last year, looked like he played colts for Willeton though....hasn't played any of EF colts preseason games so far...injured?

With Dixon and Marsh coming back most likely v Peel next week, can see Williams getting squeezed out....think Bailey will play as the coaching team seem quite keen on having Bailey at CHF, chopping out for Strnadica each quarter in the ruck.

The quality of WA colts program this year is really strong, don't know with the compromised season last year has
help with this start of season.
But the footy being played is the best i have seen in years hopefully it continues.
We will have a really strong draft this year i believe
Who do you hope WC take with their first-rounder, assuming it's something in the mid-teens?

Is Johnson an automatic selection if available or is it more complicated than that?

The quality of WA colts program this year is really strong, don't know with the compromised season last year has
help with this start of season.
But the footy being played is the best i have seen in years hopefully it continues.
We will have a really strong draft this year i believe

I agree. Looking forward to the Perth vs swans game. Bazzo and chipper with a total of 9 Guildford boys

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If there's a decent WA midfielder available with the Eagles' first pick, what are the odds they pick a HBF with neat skills instead?

Very good chance because, this bloke gets all excited at the prospect of a HBF with neat skills.

download-16.jpg

To answer your question of which WA midfielders might be available with WC first rounder;

Johnson

then

Browne who is closing the gap on Johnson.

I don't really see all the hype around Johnson-yet. (Perhaps I haven't seen his best games) People are seduced by his size perhaps? But for a real top end quality midfielder I would expect more than 20 possessions a game going forward.
My favs so far this year:

Neil Erasmus
Jed Kemp
Kade Dittmar
Jack Williams
Joshua Browne
Julian Hulten

I don't really see all the hype around Johnson-yet. (Perhaps I haven't seen his best games) People are seduced by his size perhaps? But for a real top end quality midfielder I would expect more than 20 possessions a game going forward.
My favs so far this year:

Neil Erasmus
Jed Kemp
Kade Dittmar
Jack Williams
Joshua Browne
Julian Hulten
I really liked Johnson in the colts grand final last year.

This year going off by stats, Johnson has been underwhelming.

Let's see the total performance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back