State Focus WA 2021 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

I really liked Johnson in the colts grand final last year.

This year going off by stats, Johnson has been underwhelming.

Let's see the total performance.
I feel he is only one standout performance away from cementing his spot as a first rounder. He looks the part and has so much upside. I also think Dittmar is increasing his stocks with each game he plays.

Who do you hope WC take with their first-rounder, assuming it's something in the mid-teens?

Is Johnson an automatic selection if available or is it more complicated than that?
Neil Eramus playing as a mid is looking pretty special
Kade Dittmar is pretty silky as a mid/forward has Robbie Gray qualities in footy smarts

I feel he is only one standout performance away from cementing his spot as a first rounder. He looks the part and has so much upside. I also think Dittmar is increasing his stocks with each game he plays.
I’m in Victoria and read the WAFL stats.

Dittmar sounds pretty exciting. Sounds like something the Dockers need.

Gus Sheldrick from Claremont is very underrated from what I've seen from him in PSA and now transitioning that form into the first two colts games.

Johnson has played ONE game this year, coming back from injury. Let's settle a bit on saying he's not all that when he's been a top 5 player in the colts of any age for the past two years. He's a genuine star.

Kade Dittmar is Cam Zurhaar-lite out there, just bullying kids with his size. Jye Amiss is still super raw but showing a bit, and I like Tunstill and Littleton from East Perth too.

Max Chipper still finds a lot of space by himself, and Elijah Hewett really impressed me with his size and speed. Noah Hannan should be a lock on anyone's draft board but his kicking is really not up to even WAFL scratch and unless that improves he'll just be a kid who plays 150 WAFL games and gets 30 touches in all of them.

Jack Avery didn't impress me, but when you're getting belted by 100 points and the ball is routinely just going over your head there isn't a lot you can do. I liked the look of Connor McDonald (Logan's brother). 04 born, looks like he's a lot smaller than Logan but has the same body type (long limbs, awkward looking) but impressed me with his ball use and hands in the marking contest.

Johnson has played ONE game this year, coming back from injury. Let's settle a bit on saying he's not all that when he's been a top 5 player in the colts of any age for the past two years. He's a genuine star.

Kade Dittmar is Cam Zurhaar-lite out there, just bullying kids with his size. Jye Amiss is still super raw but showing a bit, and I like Tunstill and Littleton from East Perth too.

Max Chipper still finds a lot of space by himself, and Elijah Hewett really impressed me with his size and speed. Noah Hannan should be a lock on anyone's draft board but his kicking is really not up to even WAFL scratch and unless that improves he'll just be a kid who plays 150 WAFL games and gets 30 touches in all of them.

Jack Avery didn't impress me, but when you're getting belted by 100 points and the ball is routinely just going over your head there isn't a lot you can do. I liked the look of Connor McDonald (Logan's brother). 04 born, looks like he's a lot smaller than Logan but has the same body type (long limbs, awkward looking) but impressed me with his ball use and hands in the marking contest.

Johnson's a jet. A high impact player.

I didn't see Avery on Saturday but I saw him a few times last year. Knows how to get the ball. Got a stack of it in the GF in a side that got belted.

What will the universe deliver to WC?
The Eagles need a classy midfielder with a clean injury run. Don’t think they have traded out their first round pick this year so should have a higher draft pick than they have had for a while - probably need to focus on youth for a couple of drafts. Drafting mids deeper in the draft can go either way- Sydney seems to have that recruiting skill down pat. Eg- Warner at pick 39 now starting in the middle in his second year. Thats pretty rare. Sharp (wing) and Dev Robertson haven’t cemented their spots yet. Same draft. Eagles need to find a diamond in the rough.

The Eagles need a classy midfielder with a clean injury run. Don’t think they have traded out their first round pick this year so should have a higher draft pick than they have had for a while - probably need to focus on youth for a couple of drafts. Drafting mids deeper in the draft can go either way- Sydney seems to have that recruiting skill down pat. Eg- Warner at pick 39 now starting in the middle in his second year. Thats pretty rare. Sharp (wing) and Dev Robertson haven’t cemented their spots yet. Same draft. Eagles need to find a diamond in the rough.
That's quite a vague prediction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats identifying the diamond that will deliver, not the best player ..... they are kids.

Thats identifying the diamond that will deliver, not the best player ..... they are kids.
Yep. And if we are talking about WA kids, there are so many variables. Recruiting kids who are playing Colts V League in their draft year is no indication. Picking kids who end up delivering a long career is not an easy feat.

For those who can’t read the article, here is the 17’s list

WA 17s squad
Alex Condon (Claremont/Hale), Conrad Williams (Claremont/Hale), Daniel Curtin (Claremont/Hale), Ed Allan (Claremont/Scotch), Hugh Davies (Claremont/Christ Church), Luke Brown (Claremont/Christ Church), Sam Gilbey (Claremont/Hale), Jordyn Baker (East Perth), Adam De Masi (East Perth/Trinity), Jedd Busslinger (East Perth/Trinity), Mitch Williams (East Perth), Jed Hagan (East Fremantle), Jack Cleaver (East Fremantle/Aquinas), Koen Sanchez (East Fremantle/Wesley), Joshua Draper (Peel Thunder/Trinity), Jackson Broadbent (Peel Thunder), Ashwin Malik (South Fremantle), Chase Bourne (South Fremantle), Jacob Evitt (Subiaco), Koltyn Tholstrop (Subiaco), Tyzreise Clarke (Subiaco), Darcy Jones (Swan Districts), Elijah Hewett (Swan Districts/Scotch), Riley Hardeman (Swan Districts), Griff Julian (West Perth), Jasper Scaife (West Perth), Kane Bevan (West Perth), Luke Michael (West Perth).

Another round of close match ups in the Colts this weekend. It’s going to be tough picking favourites this season.

Competition is getting a lot better every week.

Kobe McMillan from EF is getting some decent numbers rucking and around the ground so far this year....Smokey perhaps for a late draft or rookie pick?

Another round of close match ups in the Colts this weekend. It’s going to be tough picking favourites this season.

Competition is getting a lot better every week.

Lots of clubs will lose some of there better players due to PSA commitments starting next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Kobe McMillan from EF is getting some decent numbers rucking and around the ground so far this year....Smokey perhaps for a late draft or rookie pick?
Will depend on who gets picked for the state u19s ruck gig, you'd think he would be the leading contender at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back