State Focus WA 2022 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

A number of WC NGA players there. Be interesting to see what the whole NGA joke looks like in two years. Should just fu** it off.

Can't help but agree.

The only merit I see in the NGA is that some Indigenous kids get put through private school via WCE and Freo.

But the WAFL clubs are already providing elite training and guidance, while at the same time making footy enjoyable. Sometimes you can push and prop up kids too much and they give it away. The WAFL system balances that.

It should be left in their hands.

This take not aging well. 3 games 3 best on ground or close to it… disposal as good as anyone in the team and showing up a number of state selected players each game. Was checked closely against West Perth, played 57% game time and still got 28 touches.

Yes I’m biased because I followed Seth Connor through his Aquinas footy but his footy is speaking for itself.
I completely disagree. His kicking isn't great. Would love to know just how close you are to Seth/South Fremantle if you have access to TOG. There is no doubting that he can find the footy but he's not a draftable player.

I completely disagree. His kicking isn't great. Would love to know just how close you are to Seth/South Fremantle if you have access to TOG. There is no doubting that he can find the footy but he's not a draftable player.
I would love to know why you wrote off a kid after watching a small sample of footage from game 1 after 18 months off. You went out of your way to be negative and I will call that out. I obviously know more about him than you but if I am going to comment on any player I would prefer to be positive and optimistic about the strengths and potential of young talent… whether I know of them or not.

Last edited:

I'm going to have a crack at selecting a WA 18's line up if it were to be played now. A lot can happen between now and championships time

FF: Koltyn Tholstrup** (S), Jasper Scaife (WP), Darcy Jones (SD) HF: Steely Green (SF), Josh Draper (PT), Chase Bourne (SF) C: Jordyn Baker (EP), Elijah Hewett (SD), Conrad Williams (CL) HB: Reuben Ginbey (EP), Jedd Busslinger (EP), Jack Cleaver (EF) FB: Luke Michael (WP), Daniel Curtin** (CL), Sam Gilbey (CL) FOLL: Jackson Broadbent (PT), Kane Bevan (WP), Jed Hagan (EF) INT: Mitch Barron (CL), Tyrell Dewar (S), Daniel Gathercole (WP), Coen Livingstone** (P), Riley Hardeman** (SD), Ed Allan (CL)

Others in squad: Jordan Douglas (SF/Mid-Tag), Connor Carbone (PT/Sm Def), Ethan Logan** (PT/Med Def), Clay Hall** (PT/Mid), Griff Julian (WP/Mid), Tom Smith (SD/Ruck), Jed Adams (PT/Ta Def), Rohan MacNeill (CL/Ta Def), Mitchell Edwards** (PT/Ruck), Koen Sanchez** (EF/Sm Fwd-Mid)

Not in squad: Luke. Brown (CL/Ta Fwd), Richard Bartlett+ (S/Med Fwd), Hugh Davies (CL/Ta Def), Michael Durack (SD/Mid-Wing), Jacob Evitt (S/Mid), Angus Laurisson+ (SD/Ta Def), Ethan Barbieri (S/Sm Def), Sokaa Soka+ (EP/Ruck-Key Pos), Seth Connor+ (SF/Mid), Cameron Hall (P/Ta Def)

Bit worried about the forward line. Not enough goals there perhaps.

Backline might be top heavy if the match-ups don't suit, so I needed to have Dewar and Gathercole on the bench being shorter.

I wanted Jordyn Baker in the side and he can play wing and did last week although he's mainly been used as a rebounding defender so far in 2022.

Livingstone can give Broadbent a rest in the ruck and/or go forward if Draper isn't on his game.

I wish there was another forward but backs are dominating WAFL colts this year and Luke. Brown isn't in the squad.

Last edited:
I'm going to have a crack at selecting a WA 18's line up if it were to be played now. A lot can happen between now and championships time

FF: Koltyn Tholstrup** (S), Jasper Scaife (WP), Darcy Jones (SD) HF: Steely Green (SF), Josh Draper (PT), Chase Bourne (SF) C: Jordyn Baker (EP), Elijah Hewett (SD), Conrad Williams (CL) HB: Reuben Ginbey (EP), Jedd Busslinger (EP), Jack Cleaver (EF) FB: Luke Michael (WP), Daniel Curtin** (CL), Sam Gilbey (CL) FOLL: Jackson Broadbent (PT), Kane Bevan (WP), Jed Hagan (EF) INT: Mitch Barron (CL), Tyrell Dewar (S), Daniel Gathercole (WP), Coen Livingstone** (P), Riley Hardeman** (SD), Ed Allan (CL)

Others in squad: Jordan Douglas (SF/Mid-Tag), Connor Carbone (PT/Sm Def), Ethan Logan** (PT/Med Def), Clay Hall** (PT/Mid), Griff Julian (WP/Mid), Tom Smith (SD/Ruck), Jed Adams (PT/Ta Def), Rohan MacNeill (CL/Ta Def), Mitchell Edwards** (PT/Ruck), Koen Sanchez** (EF)

Not in squad: Luke. Brown (CL/Ta Fwd), Richard Bartlett+ (S/Med Fwd), Hugh Davies (CL/Ta Def), Michael Durack (SD/Mid-Wing), Jacob Evitt (S/Mid), Angus Laurisson+ (SD/Ta Def), Ethan Barbieri (S/Sm Def), Sokaa Soka+ (EP/Ruck-Key Pos), Seth Connor+ (SF/Mid), Cameron Hall (P/Ta Def)

Backline might be top heavy if the match-ups don't suit, so I needed to have Dewar and Gathercole on the bench being shorter.

I wanted Jordyn Baker in the side and he can play wing and did last week although he's mainly been used as a rebounding defender so far in 2022.

Livingstone can give Broadbent a rest in the ruck and/or go forward if Draper isn't on his game.

I wish there was another forward but backs are dominating WAFL colts this year and Luke. Brown isn't in the squad.
That forward line is definitely rough, I'd back in Tholstrup, Bourne and Jones to kick goals most games but Scaife is a bit inconsistent and Draper hasn't had a good year so far. Hope some of those guys in the back end of the group like Barron, Dewar and MacNeill can all step up and play well because I've enjoyed all 3's contributions so far this year

Coaches votes after round 4
That top four are having great starts to the years
  • Kane Bevan: easily the best player in the league at the moment can find the ball and distribute it if it could just work a little bit more on his outside game jeez look out.
  • Joel Rush: been my surprise packet, a winger good skills and distribution by foot could work abit of his contested side but tackling is elite which coaches love could be a reason why so high will be interesting to see where his footy goes this year.
  • Darcy Jones: I love this kid, hard nut at the footy for his size has got silky smooth skills around ground and good goal sense interesting to see how he goes in the championships if he plays forward I feel like it’s definitely a position he can play well.
  • Koltyn Tholstrup: Is so good for his age group love the way he presents at the footy and is consistent at kicking bags of goals, very mercurial player has a lot of X factor about him.

Attachments

• 6D61FE4E-7ED6-48AC-8D42-6D146B983D9D.jpeg
    6D61FE4E-7ED6-48AC-8D42-6D146B983D9D.jpeg
    155.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 8C6F658A-4D7B-4CF7-ADD5-DE79C4EF0629.jpeg
    8C6F658A-4D7B-4CF7-ADD5-DE79C4EF0629.jpeg
    173.5 KB · Views: 135

Others in squad: Jordan Douglas (SF/Mid-Tag), Connor Carbone (PT/Sm Def), Ethan Logan** (PT/Med Def), Clay Hall** (PT/Mid), Griff Julian (WP/Mid), Tom Smith (SD/Ruck), Jed Adams (PT/Ta Def), Rohan MacNeill (CL/Ta Def), Mitchell Edwards** (PT/Ruck), Koen Sanchez** (EF/Sm Fwd-Mid)

Futbolista I assume you mean this post, which is here in this thread. It was probably moved because you posted it in the wrong thread, and you would have had a notification at the time (click the bell in the top right corner to see your notifications). Draft Expert threads are for draft experts to post their own draft notes, rankings, phantoms etc and people ask them questions, not for general discussion. In particular, WA discussion gets a lot more WA eyeballs here, and is likely to get more of a response if you post it in a thread where interested parties can find it.

If you're unsure about the purpose of a draft watcher/draft expert thread, it's all in the pinned rules thread at the top of the draft hub.

Futbolista I assume you mean this post, which is here in this thread. It was probably moved because you posted it in the wrong thread, and you would have had a notification at the time (click the bell in the top right corner to see your notifications). Draft Expert threads are for draft experts to post their own draft notes, rankings, phantoms etc and people ask them questions, not for general discussion. In particular, WA discussion gets a lot more WA eyeballs here, and is likely to get more of a response if you post it in a thread where interested parties can find it.

If you're unsure about the purpose of a draft watcher/draft expert thread, it's all in the pinned rules thread at the top of the draft hub.
I thought I just saw an SA state 18's potential line -up on another 2022 draft thread thread. But for please don't delete that either. I few different ideas are healthy and I welcome them because this board is so utterly biased toward Victoria. So thanks goodness for some SA stuff.

But if that's the way you guys see football in this country then fair enough. Footy is a bit bigger than Vic but each to their own

I’d have Ethan Logan in the team.

In fact, I hope the Swans’ recruitment team is watching him.

I thought I just saw an SA state 18's potential line -up on another 2022 draft thread thread. But for please don't delete that either. I few different ideas are healthy and I welcome them because this board is so utterly biased toward Victoria. So thanks goodness for some SA stuff.

But if that's the way you guys see football in this country then fair enough. Footy is a bit bigger than Vic but each to their own
It's not deleted, it's just moved. It still exists as you can see, and it should therefore encourage more different and healthy ideas because it's where people with such ideas can find them.

Modern Artillery is an SA based draft expert, hence he posts SA based stuff in his thread.

I’d have Ethan Logan in the team.

In fact, I hope the Swans’ recruitment team is watching him.
Fair comment mate. He's got time on his side but he is a good prospect. Reminds me of Fremantle legend defender Shane Parker....same careful, slightly hunched but dashing defence and can lockdown too...yeah interesting player....peel have a lot this year....they may win the colts premiership.

Who are the Key Fwd's from WA that are eligible for the draft this year?

It's so thin this year.

There aren't really any mature age forwards that are showing out.

At colts level, the two leading goal scorers are below age players and two other players are shaping up. Koltyn Tholstrup (S), Mitchell Williams (EP), Coen Livingstone (P), Luker Kentfield (S)

Next year's WA 18's will be pretty good.

So who do we have in the 2004 dob.

Jasper Scaife (WP) - he's talented and has really good matches. 197cm...can mark....6 goals from 3 colts matches in 2022. Is that elite? I don't know.

Josh Draper (PT) - everyone knows he has immense talent. I want him to succeed because he's amazing to watch. I just wish he would take hold of matches.

Luke Brown (CL) - he does well in school football but colts is a step up and he hasn't quite made the transition. Tellingly, he isn't currently in the WA 18's squad.

It's really bare and it will impact the WA 18's results this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know what’s happening with Tyzreise Clark? Doesn’t look like he has played this year so far? Was a huge talent for the 2023 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Does anyone know what’s happening with Tyzreise Clark? Doesn’t look like he has played this year so far? Was a huge talent for the 2023 draft.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
He's Still based in Kalgoorlie from what I understand and was also injured last time I checked.

Hopefully he has plans to commute to Perth for 3-4 matches this season and then relocate permanently in 2023. He's on Subiaco's colts squad list in 2022 and I know the club is keen to see him in action.

So fingers crossed we see him soon.

It's so thin this year.

There aren't really any mature age forwards that are showing out.

At colts level, the two leading goal scorers are below age players and two other players are shaping up. Koltyn Tholstrup (S), Mitchell Williams (EP), Coen Livingstone (P), Luker Kentfield (S)

Next year's WA 18's will be pretty good.

So who do we have in the 2004 dob.

Jasper Scaife (WP) - he's talented and has really good matches. 197cm...can mark....6 goals from 3 colts matches in 2022. Is that elite? I don't know.

Josh Draper (PT) - everyone knows he has immense talent. I want him to succeed because he's amazing to watch. I just wish he would take hold of matches.

Luke Brown (CL) - he does well in school football but colts is a step up and he hasn't quite made the transition. Tellingly, he isn't currently in the WA 18's squad.

It's really bare and it will impact the WA 18's results this year.
Good write up.
I have Scaife & Brown as the two most likely types. Scaife is going along well, Brown we are still waiting. Could see us playing a few overager's as the whole squad seems below average in strength :'(

Good write up.
I have Scaife & Brown as the two most likely types. Scaife is going along well, Brown we are still waiting. Could see us playing a few overager's as the whole squad seems below average in strength :'(

Yeah I can't really see an overage forward who could be slotted in either - although I love watching Richard Bartlett (S) play. People say he's too heavy but he has got himself fit enough this season where he has had long spells in the midfield and been impactful. I wouldn't like to play on him with his bulk and a surprising turn of speed for his build. Fellow Indigenous star Basil Campbell had a bit of extra padding back in the day and he used it to full advantage.

Maybe they are considering using a defender up forward? Claremont tried Daniel Curtin in front of goals in rounds 1 and 2 but it didn't really work.

I guess a lot of responsibility goes on to below ager Koltyn Tholstrup (S).

On a brighter note WA has a great group of backs. They should stand up okay.

Riley Hardeman** (SD), Jedd Busslinger (EP), Jack Cleaver (EF), Jordyn Baker (EP), Ethan Logan** (PT), Sam Gilbey (CL), Connor Carbone (PT), Daniel Curtin** (CL), Daniel Gathercole (WP), Jed Adams (PT), Luke Michael (WP), Rohan MacNeill (CL), Tyrell Dewar (S)

The selectors couldn't even fit in other in form defenders like Hugh Davies (CL), Josh Sukuroski (CL), Ethan Barbieri (S), Cameron Hall (P), Angus Laurisson+ (SD) - any other year perhaps.

Last edited:
Colts Votes Leader Board After Round 5
Votes taken from the WAFL stats page and from one observer who watched live or on stream (Volunteers welcome)
Note - 2004 DOB's Reuben Ginbey (EP), Elijah Hewett (SD), Steely Green (SF) have played league football in 2022.

+ = Over ager 2003 DOB
** = Below ager 2005 DOB
*** = 2006 DOB

Leading Goal Kickers
15 Koltyn Tholstrup** (S)
10 Mitchell Williams** (EP)
9 Jack Demarte+ (WP), Richard Bartlett+ (S)
7 Daniel Hirst+ (SD), Robert Hansen Jnr (S)
6-Corey Tregenza-Cashell+ (PT), Liam Brandis (SF), Jasper Scaife (WP), Jacob Templeton (WP), Luke. Brown (CL)
5-Bienfait Kihusa*** (EP), Rhori Williams-Jolley+ (CL), Josh Harris (EP), Darcy Jones (SD), Baxter Phillip (P), Michael Hall (P), Chase Bourne (SF), Levi Berry (CL)

Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals Bienfait Kihusa*** (EP) 1 10 10.00 5 Seth Connor+ (SF) 4 35 8.75 2 Darcy Jones (SD) 5 39 7.80 5 Angus Laurisson+ (SD) 5 34 6.80 - Michael Sellwood+ (PT) 4 27 6.75 4 Jedd Busslinger (EP) 4 26 6.50 1 Koltyn Tholstrup** (S) 5 32 6.40 15 Kane Bevan (WP) 4 25 6.25 2 Riley Hardeman** (SD) 5 30 6.00 1 Jed Hagan (EF) 3 18 6.00 1 Jack Cleaver (EF) 4 24 6.00 - Jack Demarte+ (WP) 3 18 6.00 9 Lance Collard** (S) 1 6 6.00 2 Kai Holmes+ (SF) 1 6 6.00 - Jordyn Baker (EP) 5 29 5.80 2 Luke Yeo (EF) 4 23 5.75 4 Mitchell Keene** (P) 2 11 5.50 - James Spadanuda (EF) 3 15 5.00 2 Corey Tregenza-Cashell+ (PT) 3 15 5.00 6 Christian Wilson (SF) 4 19 4.75 - Reece Torrent** (PT) 4 18 4.50 - Hugh Davies (CL) 2 9 4.50 - Connor McDonald (P) 2 9 4.50 - Coen Livingstone** (P) 2 9 4.50 1 Fletcher Netherway (CL) 4 16 4.00 4 Baxter Phillip (P) 4 16 4.00 5 Mitch Barron (CL) 5 19 3.80 1 Joel Rush (PT) 4 15 3.75 2 Michael Durack (SD) 3 11 3.67 1 Harry Cole (CL) 3 11 3.67 3 Luke Michael (WP) 4 14 3.50 - Cameron Hall (P) 4 14 3.50 - Damian Sinclair+ (P) 4 14 3.50 - Ben Fairbank (P) 4 14 3.50 - Chase Bourne (SF) 4 13 3.25 5 Ethan Barbieri (S) 5 16 3.20 - Noah Farrow (WP) 4 12 3.00 4 Sokaa Soka+ (EP) 4 12 3.00 - Connor Carbone (PT) 3 9 3.00 - Daniel Gathercole (WP) 4 12 3.00 - Edward Graham (SF) 2 6 3.00 3 Rudy Webster** (SF) 1 3 3.00 - Ky Franceschini+ (S) 1 3 3.00 - Joe Matthews** (CL) 1 3 3.00 2 Max Mumme+ (CL) 1 3 3.00 1 Tyler Messina** (EF) 1 3 3.00 2 Richard Bartlett+ (S) 5 14 2.80 9 Josh Sukuroski (CL) 5 14 2.80 - Jack Gouge (S) 4 11 2.75 2 Aiden Nelson+ (WP) 4 11 2.75 - Conrad Williams (CL) 3 8 2.67 - Mitchell Williams** (EP) 5 13 2.60 10 Luca Gangemi (EF) 4 10 2.50 1 Lachlan Turley+ (SF) 4 10 2.50 - Jasper Scaife (WP) 3 7 2.33 6

Last edited:
Round 5 - South Fremantle vs Peel Thunder
Before I write some notes on some individual players, looking at the game as a whole - incredibly bizarre from start to finish. 2.7 in the first quarter with about 70 uncontested marks combined between the two teams. Peel would be fuming they lost, bad kicking is bad football, but dominated the transitional play and it's not often you win 3 quarters of football on the scoreboard but lose the match.

South Fremantle
The Midfield Trio (#7 Christian Wilson, #33 Roan O'Hehir, #15 Seth Connor) - these three kids work well together. Have put them together here due to their similarities as accumulating mids, but all three have their differences. Wilson, despite his size, is an incredible ball winner. He just reads the footy better than any other midfielder in the comp. He gets the ball in his hands a lot, and more often than not finds a target with it. O'Hehir, who captains, is a fantastically solid footballer who will play league footy in the future. I like the way he's not afraid to take the game on and use his kicks to go forward. Connor creates fantastic space away from his opponents both at the stoppage and in uncontested play, and is often the outlet to kick Souths inside 50, but does fail to find a target at some opportunities. He doesn't really have anyone to kick to in that forward line, so maybe the chaos ball is the way to go, but with a bit of tightening up of his foot skills or some role changes I feel like Souths have a midfield that can be dominant. I found that Souths played their most attractive transitional footy when these three were bypassed in favour of the wings and outside flankers like Carr, Rodriguez, and Douglas.
#3 Chase Bourne - I had such high hopes for this kid, but it seems like he's going to be stuck in the forward line all season due to the prodigious ball winning talents of their starting midfield. This is a naturally talented kid who needs the footy in his hands to create something special, but he does struggle to have an impact and fails to go to spots where the footy is going to be. The delivery to him isn't great, but desperately needs a role change at this level to stay on draft radars. Lovely calm kick after the siren from a set shot 35-40 out to win the game after having almost no impact during it.
#5 Jermaine Pickett - find a way to get this kid involved more. He's better than being relegated to a shutdown defender.

Peel Thunder
#38 Jed Adams - I can see why he's quite highly rated within the WA camp. Thought he was fantastic at cutting off SF attacks and reading the play, knowing which contests to impact defensively. Moves quite well for a kid of his size.
#37 Mitchell Edwards - I expected more, but I feel like both him and Broadbent (off with the Australian squad) gain a lot from working in a tandem together.
#21 Clay Hall - will build into being one of WA's top midfield options for next season's U18 championships. A very solid base to build from, a lot of clean foot skills.
#40 Corey Tregenza-Cashell - Levi Casboult, anyone? An incredible 1-on-1 contest forward, and has some nice burst speed on the lead. As good a pair of hands as you'll see in junior footy. His kicking is super dicey. Sometimes he drops the footy in the wrong spot, sometimes he'll hit it with the wrong part of his foot and it'll flourbag it's way 45 metres. I'd love to see him in a more elite environment going into the senior program at Peel next season, but if he follows in his old man's footsteps and kicks 1000+ goals in the local/country leagues, I wouldn't be surprised.
#19 Ethan Logan - disposal + mark numbers boosted a little by some West Coast-esque chip it around the backline ball movement, but still a solid game. He really uses his athleticism well. He's a step below DGB + Chapman at the same point in their junior careers, but he's definitely someone to keep an eye on if he continues to build on the very solid base he's putting down as an underager.
#32 Michael Sellwood - I still think this kid was robbed of a chance to play state footy last year. Wants to make an impact at every contest, whether it's with the ball or burying someone in a tackle.

League players
SF #3 Jake Florenca - is he going to be an A-grader at AFL level? Probably not. Is he better than the majority of rubbish depth players that AFL clubs have to call on when injuries hit? Yes. He's not going to have 40 touches a week every week, I think this was his first 40 disposal game of his league career, but to do that, and kick 2 goals while playing against a midfield of Tucker, Blakely, Crowden, and Johnson? He's shown that he's more than capable in the game for the Eagles, and whether he goes to West Coast or another club, he'll have earned it.

Great to see that Jedd Busslinger will make his league debut for East Perth tomorrow against WCE Reserves. This is the test he needs, albeit against slightly suspect opposition at times.

Whilst trawling through state league stats noticed that former Carlton rookie Angus Schumacher had a day out. Digging deeper and he's had a fairly reasonable state league career to date. Only 23, he still has time on his side should he get a second chance.

My question to the more informed, what's stopping him from making it at the highest level?

Whilst trawling through state league stats noticed that former Carlton rookie Angus Schumacher had a day out. Digging deeper and he's had a fairly reasonable state league career to date. Only 23, he still has time on his side should he get a second chance.

My question to the more informed, what's stopping him from making it at the highest level?
His kicking is a bit meh. It goes long, but he's prone to missing a target. I think he probably deserves another go somewhere. His biggest asset in the WAFL is his size and strength and ability to run out games, but everyone in the AFL has that, so that makes him stand out here where it wouldn't in the AFL.

Colts Votes Leader Board After Round 6
Votes taken from the WAFL stats page and from one observer who watched live or on stream (Volunteers welcome)
Note - 2004 DOB's Reuben Ginbey (EP), Elijah Hewett (SD), Jedd Busslinger (EP), Steely Green (SF) have played league football in 2022.

+ = Over ager 2003 DOB
** = Below ager 2005 DOB
*** = 2006 DOB

Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals Bienfait Kihusa*** (EP) 1 10 10.00 5 Jed Hagan (EF) 4 30 7.50 2 Darcy Jones (SD) 6 44 7.33 6 Seth Connor+ (SF) 5 35 7.00 2 Michael Sellwood+ (PT) 4 27 6.75 4 Jedd Busslinger (EP) 4 26 6.50 1 Angus Laurisson+ (SD) 6 38 6.33 - Jack Cleaver (EF) 4 24 6.00 - Max Mumme+ (CL) 2 12 6.00 1 Kai Holmes+ (SF) 1 6 6.00 - Lance Collard** (S) 1 6 6.00 2 Jordyn Baker (EP) 5 29 5.80 2 Riley Hardeman** (SD) 6 33 5.50 1 Mitchell Keene** (P) 2 11 5.50 - Kane Bevan (WP) 5 27 5.40 2 Koltyn Tholstrup** (S) 6 32 5.33 16 Luke Yeo (EF) 5 26 5.20 4 James Spadanuda (EF) 3 15 5.00 2 Rory Charles (CL) 1 5 5.00 - Joel Rush (PT) 5 24 4.80 3 Mitch Barron (CL) 6 28 4.67 1 Baxter Phillip (P) 5 23 4.60 5 Jack Demarte+ (WP) 4 18 4.50 11 Hugh Davies (CL) 2 9 4.50 - Connor McDonald (P) 2 9 4.50 - Coen Livingstone** (P) 2 9 4.50 1 Christian Wilson (SF) 5 21 4.20 - Mitchell O'Keefe+ (S) 2 8 4.00 - Ben Fairbank (P) 5 19 3.80 - Aiden Nelson+ (WP) 5 19 3.80 1 Corey Tregenza-Cashell+ (PT) 4 15 3.75 6 Griff Julian (WP) 4 15 3.75 3 Harry Cole (CL) 3 11 3.67 3 Michael Durack (SD) 3 11 3.67 1 Reece Torrent** (PT) 5 18 3.60 - Fletcher Netherway (CL) 5 18 3.60 4 Damian Sinclair+ (P) 4 14 3.50 - Cameron Hall (P) 5 17 3.40 - Jacob Evitt (S) 6 20 3.33 5 Roan O'Hehir (SF) 5 16 3.20 2 Sokaa Soka+ (EP) 4 12 3.00 - Edward Graham (SF) 2 6 3.00 3 Joe Matthews** (CL) 1 3 3.00 2 Rudy Webster** (SF) 1 3 3.00 - Tyler Messina** (EF) 1 3 3.00 2 Mitchell Edwards** (PT) 5 14 2.80 3 Luke Michael (WP) 5 14 2.80 - Noah Farrow (WP) 5 14 2.80 6 Camden Pires (WP) 4 11 2.75 1 Ethan Barbieri (S) 6 16 2.67 - Conrad Williams (CL) 3 8 2.67 - Mitchell Williams** (EP) 5 13 2.60 10 Chase Bourne (SF) 5 13 2.60 6 Liam Brandis (SF) 5 13 2.60 10 Daniel Gathercole (WP) 5 12 2.40 - Richard Bartlett+ (S) 6 14 2.33 10

Last edited:
does anyone have the access to the west australian so we can see this article

Subi stun Sharks while Falcons hold Perth goalless

WAFL colts: Koltyn Tholstrup, Jed Hagan, Griff Julian, Liam Brandis, Christian Wilson, William Wolf and more​

Big improvers Subiaco overcame a second-half challenge from East Fremantle to prevail by 15 points at the WACA Ground in round six of WAFL colts on Saturday.

The 2020 premiers made it back-to-back wins after knocking off reigning champs Swan Districts last week.

The 12.10 (82) to 9.13 (67) result was a see-sawing affair with the Lions up by 19 points at half-time before East Freo booted five consecutive goals in the third term to take the lead before three-quarter time.

The lead changed three more times in a thrilling final term before Subiaco put on the afterburners with highly-rated bottom-ager Koltyn Tholstrup (18 disposals and a goal), Ryan Newick (20 and a goal) and key forward Luker Kentfield (three goals) having a big say.
Ball magnet Jed Hagan, in his return from AFL Academy duties, was the Sharks’ standout with 20 touches, a game-high 10 tackles and a goal in a well-rounded performance, with fellow midfielder Luke Yeo (21 and four tackles) continuing his strong start to the season.
Unbeaten ladder leaders West Perth held a COVID-ravaged Perth to a record low score while reaching triple figures themselves in a 101-point thrashing at Pentanet Stadium.
The Demons, who lost nearly half of their team from the week before, failed to kick a goal for the entire match and didn’t score at all after half-time in the 15.14 (104) to 0.3 (3) in their lowest ever colts score.
Fremantle Next Generation Academy talent Jasper Scaife booted three goals to take his season tally to 10 from four matches, with captain Kane Bevan (33 disposals), Griff Julian (38, 10 marks, seven tackles and a goal) and ruckman Riley Sprigg (17 and 31 hit-outs) dominant in the middle.
Skipper Ben Fairbank was the Demons’ best player.
Straight-shooting South Fremantle were victorious over Swan Districts at Steel Blue Oval by 18 points - 13.6 (84) to 9.12 (66).
Liam Brandis were the premier goal-kicker in the contest with 4.4 including a beauty from the boundary, while Christian Wilson (38) and Roan O’Hehir (34 and a goal) racked up the possessions.
Fremantle father-son prospect Jaren Carr (24 disposals and 10 marks) also had a good day, while draft fancy Darcy Jones was again among the Swans’ best with 24 touches and a goal.
The round started on Friday night at Mandurah’s Lane Group Stadium with Claremont coming away with a heart-stopping one-point win over Peel Thunder.
Midfield trio Max Mumme, Fletcher Netherway and Mitch Barron were excellent, making the most of Dockers NGA product William Wolf’s work in the ruck.
Joel Rush and Byron Finch fought hard for the Thunder and bottom-aged tall Mitch Edwards did some good things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back