WA Clubs prominent in trading this year ... why?

Freo/WC active in trading this year - why?

• Special Circumstances

Votes: 28 59.6%
  • Clubs lowering their sights

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Cost of living (house prices)

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Other

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Ross Lyon sends threats to eastern state based players regarding their perth families. He sends photo's of his car parked out the front late at night & other sinister things until the WA player cracks and comes home.

Brad Hill was warned that another Freo player had been regularly going around his Mum's house.

He's learn't the benefit of using compromising/threatening photos.

How many times must he rued that night of having too many drinks and waking up naked in zac's bed?

- Cam McCarthy liked the idea of being back home more than living in Western Sydney, who can blame him.
- Brad Hill felt after three premierships he wanted to be able to say he played some AFL football with his brother as well as he wanted to be closer to his family.
- Sam Mitchell had a one year deal at Hawthorn and West Coast had a four-year deal for him, that on top of the fact he was planning to move to Perth for his wife's career at the end of 2017 and a move a year early would allow his children to start school in the state they were planning to live rather than switch schools after one or two years.
- Marcus Adams has only been in the system one year, he was already a mature adult when he was drafted and had a life in Western Australia, he may want to get back to that life.
- Nathan Vardy would just be looking for opportunities.
- Todd Goldstein may be running from something if rumours are to be believed, but I don't see him going from #1 big ruckman in the comp to traded to the other side of the country in 12 months.

Have I missed someone? Anyhow, I think it's all a coincidence, if there was something about Perth O'Meara would be added to the list.
OMEARA ? There is no afl team based In dongara

Because both teams are having a crack at top 4/flag. Both are also taking different approaches, based on the difference in lists/picks etc.

It's rather straightforward. If you're a football operations department and you're not looking at every available avenue to improve your list, then you're derelict in your duties. Free Agency and the trade period are two avenues to improve your list. Fremantle and West Coast are both doing what they should be doing.

I've never gotten my head around the whole cost of living BS. If we can all get by in life on $40k-$70k, how the hell is it a struggle for an AFL player earning a minimum of like $250k a year?

Most of us have a mortgage and get by, and we aren't spoon fed sports labelled clothing, sponsorship money, fed daily, given personal medical staff and gym facilities.
Imagine getting drafted to Sydney 10 years ago and buying a house at 500k and now it's worth 1.5 million. If anything they shouldve been getting less of a salary cap haha. Cost of living is bullshit, it's not like a loaf of bread is $20 there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine getting drafted to Sydney 10 years ago and buying a house at 500k and now it's worth 1.5 million. If anything they shouldve been getting less of a salary cap haha. Cost of living is bullshit, it's not like a loaf of bread is $20 there

Housing and driving (tolls) are certainly more expensive. General living it's actually cheaper than Melbourne for most things.

Both teams with new training facilities soon and getting to play on one of the world's best stadiums every 2nd week?

Beats Freo oval and domain...

Freo are doing a nice job. If the Hamling trade comes off and they get either Petrevski-Seton or English in the draft they have really bounced quickly. With Bennell and a healthy Balic available next year they are looking much better.

- Cam McCarthy liked the idea of being back home more than living in Western Sydney, who can blame him.
- Brad Hill felt after three premierships he wanted to be able to say he played some AFL football with his brother as well as he wanted to be closer to his family.
- Sam Mitchell had a one year deal at Hawthorn and West Coast had a four-year deal for him, that on top of the fact he was planning to move to Perth for his wife's career at the end of 2017 and a move a year early would allow his children to start school in the state they were planning to live rather than switch schools after one or two years.
- Marcus Adams has only been in the system one year, he was already a mature adult when he was drafted and had a life in Western Australia, he may want to get back to that life.
- Nathan Vardy would just be looking for opportunities.
- Todd Goldstein may be running from something if rumours are to be believed, but I don't see him going from #1 big ruckman in the comp to traded to the other side of the country in 12 months.

Have I missed someone? Anyhow, I think it's all a coincidence, if there was something about Perth O'Meara would be added to the list.

What does Mitchell's wife do for a living?

Back