Opinion WA Clubs winning the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Nope,just asking have you been there. I have and its cold,wet miserable. The larger planes can't land as the airports to small so cramped seats all the way.The players hate the place.
Yeah nah, to fly from Perth they would use 737s or A-320s both of which are fine.

The teams that travel the least should be lumped with it as an equaliser
This league wide would be one of the easiest equalisers without changing the length of the season.

Freo should never do tassie and shouldn't do Darwin either. Melbourne teams should do tassie and Adelaide teams should play Melbourne teams in Darwin.

The league is the most compromised in the world. A disgrace not discussed and that fans have little chance to change unless there was a willingness for league wide protest.

It has been said before that leagues far more established and with many more $ at stake don't take into consideration revenue when fixturing. Yet they are doing well or in most cases far better than ours. Yet our weak minded executive, lacking leadership and vision will continue to make things up as they go along with little to no accountability. Whoring the game out to the $ not for the game or teams sake but driven by what must be self interest related to personal salaries and future bonus cheques.

This league wide would be one of the easiest equalisers without changing the length of the season.

Freo should never do tassie and shouldn't do Darwin either. Melbourne teams should do tassie and Adelaide teams should play Melbourne teams in Darwin.

The league is the most compromised in the world. A disgrace not discussed and that fans have little chance to change unless there was a willingness for league wide protest.

It has been said before that leagues far more established and with many more $ at stake don't take into consideration revenue when fixturing. Yet they are doing well or in most cases far better than ours. Yet our weak minded executive, lacking leadership and vision will continue to make things up as they go along with little to no accountability. Whoring the game out to the $ not for the game or teams sake but driven by what must be self interest related to personal salaries and future bonus cheques.
Shows a huge lack of confidence in our game too

Its still a principle but its not one that will change. Its should be two Vic teams in Tassie and Ballarat. Not our prob.

Its not our responsibility to fly to the far corners of the game. It should be the Vics who are far closer. At least the ones that barely travel who should go there.

Its not our responsibility to fly to the far corners of the game. It should be the Vics who are far closer. At least the ones that barely travel who should go there.
Or that could be the Vic teams extra 1% that the OP was referring to.

Flying to Tassie is no big deal, it's just because our winning percentage is 5% or something ridiculous that everyone kicks up a fuss. Tasmania is not some 3rd world state, the players get well looked after, stay in great hotels and all the extras. There are no excuses for our poor performance in Tasmania over the course of 15 years. So what its cold - its a winter sport, big surprise.

In reference to the road trip - Gold Coast did it this year when they stayed in Melbourne for the week as they had two back to back games at Etihad. Got some press on the AFL website - seems like they didn't mind it.

Going to Tasmania every year is bad for us because it takes us away from Melbourne and the G. This is detrimental on field and potentially off field as it reduces our ability to build our fan base in Melbourne. It is one of many things that distorts the fixture.

During our 4 strong years we played Hawthorn and Sydney 9 times home and away. They were the other 2 strong teams during this time. We played them twice at home, seven times away. We won the two at home , got 6 losses and a draw away. This is just not right.

If the Hawthorn deal with Tasmania does not stand up commercially unless the fixture is distorted that should be Hawthorn's problem, not ours.

It's not so much our winning percentage, it's more the fact that if Frem (and WC) are expected to travel so far then it should be to play at MCG or even Etihad. At least there is an advantage there given that's we're majority of H&A and finals games are played. At least give them that if they have to travel to the other side of the country.

yes, yes, I know this is of no advantage to the AFL revenue wise. WA clubs are being punished because the Hawks were near on bankrupt before selling their home games to Tasmania.

We seem to attract the most abysmal crowds down in Tasmania now, I had hoped that it would eventually put them off still sending us down there. Really all these teams that want to whore themselves out for $ should be made to play each other at these crappy venues.

Also if I was a Tasmanian tax payer I'd be pissed at money being given to these blow in teams milking them, with Norf now flying in and out the market as far as the AFL is concerned is 'covered' and the chances of getting their own team gone from slim to now effectively zero.

you forgot about the conditions ,being stuck in the airport after the game and the players hating the joint.
It's not always miserable in Launceston, they wouldn't be stuck in the airport if it was a charter flight and if the fellas came out with me for a night on the town they wouldn't hate it so much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not always miserable in Launceston, they wouldn't be stuck in the airport if it was a charter flight and if the fellas came out with me for a night on the town they wouldn't hate it so much.

I liked Launceston.........for a couple of minutes. A night on the town .That would be about 5 minutes out of their lives they would never get back.;)

The more I think about this the more I think it isn't such a bad idea.

... Which is why the AFL will probably never agree to it.

Yeah having "tours" of certain states would be beneficial imo

Play 3 in wa (incl a derby)

Play 4 away games in a row in qld/nsw/vic

Play 4 in wa

Play 4 more in Victoria

Play 4 more in wa (incl a derby)

Play 3 more games across sa and wa to finish off the season

They do tours in the super rugby quite well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back