WA Covid Outbreak 31/01/2021

May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
At 12.45pm, the WA govt has come out and placed travel restrictions for the Perth metro area for the next 5 days.

Within 15 minutes, all milk, bread and toilet paper sold out at local Coles/Woolies and long lines to fill up cars at the local petrol station.

Classic overreaction by local shoppers.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Absolutely ridiculous.
Precisely. But to be totally expected from this smug, self righteous moron, who gets off on lecturing NSW on their COVID response. Far rather Glady every day of the week, with her balanced, proportional response to the pandemic, than this lightweight buffoon who closes borders at the drop of a hat (you can include incompetent Dan and Palachook under that umbrella as well), and imposes harsh restrictions in response to 1 confirmed case.

One would almost think there was an election in the offing over there.

Last edited:
May 13, 2007
<---------
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Seahawks, Huskies, Newcastle Utd.
Precisely. But to be totally expected from this smug, self righteous moron, who gets off on lecturing NSW on their COVID response. Far rather Glady every day of the week, with her balanced, proportional response to the pandemic, than this buffoon who closes borders at the drop of a hat, and imposes harsh restrictions in response to 1 confirmed case. One would almost think there was an election in the offing over there.
He just fumbled his way through his press conference and making stuff up on the go.

Numero Uno

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Precisely. But to be totally expected from this smug, self righteous moron, who gets off on lecturing NSW on their COVID response. Far rather Glady every day of the week, with her balanced, proportional response to the pandemic, than this buffoon who closes borders at the drop of a hat, and imposes harsh restrictions in response to 1 confirmed case. One would almost think there was an election in the offing over there.

is proportional and balanced code for sitting on your hands and doing nothing until a mass outbreak ?

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
is proportional and balanced code for sitting on your hands and doing nothing until a mass outbreak ?
Quickly back under control, with no deaths, minimal harsh, unnecessary, widespread restrictions. Didn’t trash the economy, and cause innumerable businesses to go broke, loss of thousands of jobs, and cause a horrible mental health toll on the whole state. That’s in marked contrast to the incompetent clown in charge in our state.

Also in marked contrast to the selfish, populist, knee jerk response from your premier and the Queensland premier every time someone sneezed in Coogee.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
Quickly back under control, with no deaths, minimal harsh, unnecessary, widespread restrictions. Didn’t trash the economy, and cause innumerable businesses to go broke, loss of thousands of jobs, and cause a horrible mental health toll on the whole state. That’s in marked contrast to the incompetent clown in charge in our state.

Also in marked contrast to the selfish, populist, knee jerk response from your premier and the Queensland premier every time someone sneezed in Coogee.

What ever you say, the last thing that has happened in the last 12 months, is the WA economy being trashed.

Opposite of trashed.

May 11, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Ipswich Town FC, Leeds Rhinos

He’s going to keep the flow of FiFos into the mines going - I think our economy will be fine.

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers

Balls. I live on the border. Work in one state and live in the other and the NSW reaction to the vic outbreak destroyed businesses and farms. The Vic response to the NSW one was show some ID proving you are from around here, and away you go.

I get that it’s a very hard job balancing public health versus the economy and they are mostly doing it on the fly, but don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
At 12.45pm, the WA govt has come out and placed travel restrictions for the Perth metro area for the next 5 days.

Within 15 minutes, all milk, bread and toilet paper sold out at local Coles/Woolies and long lines to fill up cars at the local petrol station.

Classic overreaction by local shoppers.
Oh dont worry, you will have people held at knife point over toilet paper. lol

They shut down the local Coles at 2.30pm (normal hours 5pm) as there were too many people.
When Adelaide went into lockdown, about 30minutes later we had to shut the doors due to too many people and it took about 3 hours till it reached a point we didnt have to restrict numbers

I was thrown onto registers in emergency and speaking to some customers, they had to wait 40minutes to enter.

Most customers were fine though. But I had 1 Asian mum and daughter I think had a $400-$500 shop.

But the worst thing was, they wanted to pay with e-gift cards. It was going to have to be split up into 5 types of payment, luckily for me, something wasn't working, so I could offload that to the service desk.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Balls. I live on the border. Work in one state and live in the other and the NSW reaction to the vic outbreak destroyed businesses and farms. The Vic response to the NSW one was show some ID proving you are from around here, and away you go.

I get that it’s a very hard job balancing public health versus the economy and they are mostly doing it on the fly, but don’t piss down my back and tell me it’s raining
You’re not seriously putting the Victorian 2nd wave on the same level as the most recent NSW outbreak?They weren’t even in the same stratosphere. Victorian 600-700 new cases a day at its height, 800 deaths, thousands of jobs and businesses lost, took many months to get under control. NSW 10-20 new cases a day at worst, no deaths, measured, proportional response, which struck the right balance between health and economic considerations, and under control pretty quickly.

Can hardly blame the NSW govt for reacting decisively to the Victorian fiasco.

Last edited:

pablo668

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
Claremont
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers
Yeah well it seems to be our turn now.
The guy involved really seems to get around a bit. And yes, a lot of us reacted just like everyone else in the country.

Jul 30, 2011
Right behind you
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Gunners & Steelers
You’re not seriously putting the Victorian 2nd wave to the most recent NSW outbreak?They weren’t even in the same stratosphere. Victorian 600-700 new cases a day at its height, 800 deaths, thousands of jobs and businesses lost, took many months to get under control. NSW 10-20 new cases a day at worst, no deaths, measured, proportional response, which struck the right balance between health and economic considerations, and under control pretty quickly.

Can hardly blame the NSW govt for reacting decisively to the Victorian fiasco.
Mate we had 4 pubs in our town in March. Now we have 2. I know at least 50 people that lost jobs because they couldn’t go over the border 10kms. I lived this, and still am. It was a crazy over the top knee jerk reaction. Believe what you want and rewrite all the history you want, but I’m not buying what you are selling

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Precisely. But to be totally expected from this smug, self righteous moron, who gets off on lecturing NSW on their COVID response. Far rather Glady every day of the week, with her balanced, proportional response to the pandemic, than this lightweight buffoon who closes borders at the drop of a hat (you can include incompetent Dan and Palachook under that umbrella as well), and imposes harsh restrictions in response to 1 confirmed case.

One would almost think there was an election in the offing over there.

while there is no doubt a level of schadenfreude here for people over east who were getting sick of the WA high and mighty attitude, i'm not sure we can avoid this lockdown.

I think the real issue is how much of balls up this hotel quarantine has been. The WA government was told to get the guards tested every day. They didn't. They were told to provide proper PPE and monitor the air circulations - they did neither. Its a debacle and they don't even have the excuse they didn't know like the QLD/VIC/NSW guys did. In fact McGowan had been attacking the VIC/NSW governments for their poor setups.

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mate we had 4 pubs in our town in March. Now we have 2. I know at least 50 people that lost jobs because they couldn’t go over the border 10kms. I lived this, and still am. It was a crazy over the top knee jerk reaction. Believe what you want and rewrite all the history you want, but I’m not buying what you are selling
Not re-writing any history at all. No need to, as the facts speak for themselves. The Victorian COVID debacle was totally out of control, and threatened to engulf NSW as well unless they took drastic action, which they did. The NSW recent outbreak was miniscule in comparison in every aspect. Sorry about the job losses in your and other areas, but what option did NSW have? They didn’t create the mess. Andrews did, with his * up of the hotels quarantine scheme.

Back