WA Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2018
South Melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Last edited:

We aren’t as bad as we are on the ladder. We are just inconsistent AF. Most good teams can get away with playing a quarter or so of bad footy each week and get wins most of the time. We just play so atrociously for those bad periods that we can’t get back in to the game. We at least have some talent coming through

Also this as a Sydney fan post game gloat thread loses more than a smidge of credibility for mine

Well you are allowed.

Simmo
NicNat
Gaff
McGovern
Yep
Kelly
Sheed

Are all living proof of that.

None of them are crying poor.

Just counting the $$$.
That's great.

None of those blokes are responsible for the development system of WA footy though.

Nor does it have anything with both clubs being unable to spend more than other clubs on things under the soft cap.

Perhaps the AFL, being the guardian of the game and all, should invest in development pathways for WA?

Too busy working out the exec bonuses, I reckon.

WC has had a horrendous injury list, which for me has definitely been a contributing factor that can't be ignored. You can't be a chance to win if your best players aren't fit and on the park.

As for Freo, I wasn't as bullish as most on them for this year. I expected them to miss finals. I've never felt that Longmuir is a top line coach.

We aren’t as bad as we are on the ladder.

You are quite literally that bad. If you were better, then you'd win more games and be higher; that's how a ladder works.

You are quite literally that bad. If you were better, then you'd win more games and be higher; that's how a ladder works.

Lol that is literally a saying that gets thrown by people from fans to pundits for teams in all sports… teams being overrated or underrated is exactly the same thing

Lol that is literally a saying that gets thrown by people from fans to pundits for teams in all sports… teams being overrated or underrated is exactly the same thing

In that case, I don't think North are as bad as our ladder position suggests either. We're the top team in the competition actually, if we're just allowed to make things up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We aren’t as bad as we are on the ladder. We are just inconsistent AF. Most good teams can get away with playing a quarter or so of bad footy each week and get wins most of the time. We just play so atrociously for those bad periods that we can’t get back in to the game. We at least have some talent coming through

Also this as a Sydney fan post game gloat thread loses more than a smidge of credibility for mine
This literally means your bad lol?

Lets wait for next year. Wc are in rebuilt mode and have a shocking injury list. Well and Freo having a shocker of a season with a list that was suppossed to be promising but still is very young. When we don't improve a lot next season the original poster has probably made the right call...

That's great.

None of those blokes are responsible for the development system of WA footy though.

Nor does it have anything with both clubs being unable to spend more than other clubs on things under the soft cap.

Perhaps the AFL, being the guardian of the game and all, should invest in development pathways for WA?

Too busy working out the exec bonuses, I reckon.
I was just responding to the post complaining about the Salary Cap.

It's not the SC fault. The problem is the Eagles have misdirected their spending and over paid blokes who can't or don't perform.

West Coast are an embarrassment. Being so bad severely impacts the competition. Those clubs that play them 2x have a massive advantage with % boosters. Also, when it comes to the Coleman, a key forward has a leg up if they play them 2x.

What’s more, the young talent at that club is probably the poorest in the competition. They are going to be struggling for years.

Not true.

It's the worst year ever for the WA teams in terms of combined ladder positions.
That's a fact

I'm genuinely interested if people in WA have any theories about this.

Last edited:
Not true.

It's the worst year ever for the WA teams in terms of combined ladder positions.
That's a fact

West Coast finished 14th and Fremantle finished 16th in a 16 team competition in 2001.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back