State Focus WA 2019 - Western Australia's junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Perth
Spencer Trevor, Zach Fleiner, Taj Hazell, Aiden Nelson, Isaac DeMarte, Cameron Conduit, Lochlan Paton, Saverio Marafioti, Harrison Baxter

Swans
Luke Taylor, Antonio Deldarius, max Chipper, Bailey Jenkin, Noah Hannon, Lyle Sibosado, and a tall ruck unsure of name

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Brother or relative of Casey?

No Jed Hagan from EF...though isn't he an under ager for EF futures? Is that Woewodins son from EF playing?
He is an underager for futures. He wasn’t named in the squad for 15s so it was thought he was leapfrogging the 15s to try out for the 16s so a bit surprising he wasn’t in last night’s game. Jeremy sharp’s younger brother also in EF futures- has made a state 12s team before but obviously not following in big bros footsteps as not named in this 16 squad.

Yes woewodins son.

With credentials like that, you might be spot on as it seems bizarre for him to be left out in his senior year.
Just want to say that after watching the schoolboys trials and seeing the list of 80 that got through to the next phase the process is a bit of a joke. Of kids I know and see regularly the good ones played well and didn't get through and there were ones who really battled and battle in regular footy and have got through.
Time and time again this happens. They need to be looking at the WAFL development carnival the year before and working from there with invites, continuing to allow country boys to try out. The sooner the AFL takes over the better.

On SM-G930F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just want to say that after watching the schoolboys trials and seeing the list of 80 that got through to the next phase the process is a bit of a joke. Of kids I know and see regularly the good ones played well and didn't get through and there were ones who really battled and battle in regular footy and have got through.
Time and time again this happens. They need to be looking at the WAFL development carnival the year before and working from there with invites, continuing to allow country boys to try out. The sooner the AFL takes over the better.

I agree. I am unsure about the schoolboys system. Could be having a bad day and It costs you. It’s the kids who perform in all games and who follow team rules that should be looked at. These trials just bring out the greedy kids who want to run the whole length of the field with 3 bounces and kick a goal. And this type often get through!
Was Jed Hagan at the trials? And who were some of the stronger ones? Still big size and maturity differences in this age.
Did you watch the state 16’s trial match yesterday?

I agree. I am unsure about the schoolboys system. Could be having a bad day and It costs you. It’s the kids who perform in all games and who follow team rules that should be looked at. These trials just bring out the greedy kids who want to run the whole length of the field with 3 bounces and kick a goal. And this type often get through!
Was Jed Hagan at the trials? And who were some of the stronger ones? Still big size and maturity differences in this age.
And if you draw a weaker opponent that is the luck of the draw.
Didn't get to the 16s trial. Didnt see Jed Hagan at trials. I would say he is,either injured or sitting it out. He has already done two years of it and been All Australian not too much more prove there.
Jordan Lynne is a big kid to look out for in the 15s I think.

He is an underager for futures. He wasn’t named in the squad for 15s so it was thought he was leapfrogging the 15s to try out for the 16s so a bit surprising he wasn’t in last night’s game. Jeremy sharp’s younger brother also in EF futures- has made a state 12s team before but obviously not following in big bros footsteps as not named in this 16 squad.

Yes woewodins son.
Any other father-sons?

We all know that the schoolboys selection process is a joke. Selected by school teachers who don’t have a lot of credibility and often involved in side businesses that are often used as an incentive to join in the hopes of getting selected.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hagan is still in but they haven’t published his name to avoid any backlash.

16’s trial pretty messy. But they are reviewing all games so certainly a more equitable process. Team finalised Tuesday

We all know that the schoolboys selection process is a joke. Selected by school teachers who don’t have a lot of credibility and often involved in side businesses that are often used as an incentive to join in the hopes of getting selected.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hagan is still in but they haven’t published his name to avoid any backlash.

16’s trial pretty messy. But they are reviewing all games so certainly a more equitable process. Team finalised Tuesday

any standouts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And if you draw a weaker opponent that is the luck of the draw.
Didn't get to the 16s trial. Didnt see Jed Hagan at trials. I would say he is,either injured or sitting it out. He has already done two years of it and been All Australian not too much more prove there.
Jordan Lynne is a big kid to look out for in the 15s I think.

Lynne is an Aquinas boy by the looks. There's a couple of others - Hallett, Cleaver, O'Hehir, Skeggs. Cleaver and O'hehir were in the 12s. Aquinas still producing decent kids as are the other PSA schools.

How did Jack Allen go?

He was tasked on Logan McDonald for most of the game and they pretty much took each other out of the game.
Logan held to 11 and 1.1 (though kicked those on Barras). Did his job.
Very quiet first half but much better second half. Not convinced he's a back.
Trew, amazing as always.
How did Jack Allen go?

Last edited:
Liam Henry had a decent day out yesterday with 24 posessions and 4 goals. Western and the others were a bit quiet though. Does anyone know why Sharp didn't play reserves or colts (I know he was omitted from the seniors list)? Also why Brandon Walker didn't play either?

Freo NGA
Liam Henry 24 possessions 5 marks 1 tackle 4 goals 1
Leno Thomas 19 possessions 4 marks 1 tackle 1 goal 1
Joel Western 8 possessions
Keanu Haddow 15 possessions 2 marks 4 tackles
Chris Walker 9 possessions 3 tackles

Liam Henry had a decent day out yesterday with 24 posessions and 4 goals. Western and the others were a bit quiet though. Does anyone know why Sharp didn't play reserves or colts (I know he was omitted from the seniors list)? Also why Brandon Walker didn't play either?

Freo NGA
Liam Henry 24 possessions 5 marks 1 tackle 4 goals 1
Leno Thomas 19 possessions 4 marks 1 tackle 1 goal 1
Joel Western 8 possessions
Keanu Haddow 15 possessions 2 marks 4 tackles
Chris Walker 9 possessions 3 tackles
Sharp, Jackson and Robertson all played in All Australian U18 draft prospects V Casey Demons (VFL team) game at the MCG. It was a game featuring the top 2019 draft prospects. Knightmare has done a brief summary of the best players but none of the WA boys got a mention. He will do a full summary Tuesday and I’ll post it here.
The game was on Foxtel and there are a few replays scheduled. The U18 won but apparently it was a bit messy. Sounds like our 16s game on Thursday but sometimes that happens when you throw teams together albeit the better players but they don’t always play like a team.

Sharp, Jackson and Robertson all played in All Australian U18 draft prospects V Casey Demons (VFL team) game at the MCG. It was a game featuring the top 2019 draft prospects. Knightmare has done a brief summary of the best players but none of the WA boys got a mention. He will do a full summary Tuesday and I’ll post it here.
The game was on Foxtel and there are a few replays scheduled. The U18 won but apparently it was a bit messy. Sounds like our 16s game on Thursday but sometimes that happens when you throw teams together albeit the better players but they don’t always play like a team.

Did Robertson play. I believed there was an injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back