WA....the place to be for violence!

Remove this Banner Ad

The violent crime in this state is becoming ridiculous. In the last month, in my home town, 2 people have died from being attacked, one with a cricket bat over the head by a 17 year old after an argument, the other a week after being bashed by a mob outside a pub after being thrown out.

Not to mention the trial of the kid who got belted (and died) by his mate after telling him to calm down after losing his wallet. What the ____ is going on in this state. I have no idea what the answer is - many are pointing to alcohol control, but you can't regulate people's lives. All I can do personally is to ask everyone when they go out, to calm the ____ down!!

The violent crime in this state is becoming ridiculous. In the last month, in my home town, 2 people have died from being attacked, one with a cricket bat over the head by a 17 year old after an argument, the other a week after being bashed by a mob outside a pub after being thrown out.

Not to mention the trial of the kid who got belted (and died) by his mate after telling him to calm down after losing his wallet. What the ____ is going on in this state. I have no idea what the answer is - many are pointing to alcohol control, but you can't regulate people's lives. All I can do personally is to ask everyone when they go out, to calm the ____ down!!

there was another 1 punch incident two days ago which has left someone in hospital..think it happened in Mt Lawley.

there was another 1 punch incident two days ago which has left someone in hospital..think it happened in Mt Lawley.

Surely the law now has to be changed to consider one-punch murder a specific crime, or alternatively to class it automatically as manslaughter. There has been enough publisized incidents for everyone to know if you hit someone, there is a strong possibility they could fall over and hit their head on the ground.

I'm just fed up with this whole pathetic aggressive attitude that seems to have enveloped Perth. I'm sick of seeing people on the news dying because some idiot wannabe tough-man couldn't hold his drink.

Why are we allowing this human filth like this guy into our country? There is a huge problem with african crime in Perth, and there is increasing amounts of HIV being brought into Australia from Africa.

Yeah Juddism, arent the courts just great... lets just watch this piece of human trash get off with a slap on the wrist - maybe 3-5 years in jail, which will cost our country a huge amount of money to look after this guy.

This guy should never have been let into the country in the first place.

I am unable to imagine why West Australia is sinking under an anecdotal tidal wave of violence. All of that state's residents display such tolerance, understanding, respect for other points-of-view and are alround just a bunch of softies. It makes no sense.

Surely the law now has to be changed to consider one-punch murder a specific crime, or alternatively to class it automatically as manslaughter. There has been enough publisized incidents for everyone to know if you hit someone, there is a strong possibility they could fall over and hit their head on the ground.

I'm just fed up with this whole pathetic aggressive attitude that seems to have enveloped Perth. I'm sick of seeing people on the news dying because some idiot wannabe tough-man couldn't hold his drink.

The law is being changed though - the new one won't make it necessary to prove that death was reasonably foreseeable.

I don't really think its a law thing anyway - most blokes who go out and belt someone aren't doing it because the law can hardly touch them. Its a culture thing which this law isn't going to change - people will still die, just the blokes who do it will go away for longer.

I work in the violence industry.

Business has never been better over here.

Give young, uneducated men too much money from doing nothing but digging really big holes in the ground and moving the rocks and when they come back to Perth for a good bender and shag they loose their minds.

It is the Planet of the Apes effect.

Some species of man where not meant to make more money than teachers, writers, nurses and other more human-humans.

Just as the organatangs and chimps should have never allowed the Gorillas to have guns and horses, once they did, it was all over Dr. Zaius.

Give young, uneducated men too much money from doing nothing but digging really big holes in the ground and moving the rocks and when they come back to Perth for a good bender and shag they loose their minds.

Some species of man where not meant to make more money than teachers, writers, nurses and other more human-humans.

Just as the organatangs and chimps should have never allowed the Gorillas to have guns and horses, once they did, it was all over Dr. Zaius.

Wife beaters and slabs of VB have never really been the domain of the cashed up bogans.

A combination of that mind altering crap, speed, being so cheap and the lack of accountability from one punch murderers helps fuel it.

I've honestly been thinking about belting people who give me the shits, we know that it only costs you a few bucks when you go to court.

What amazes me is that you can kill someone and get a GBH charge. How does that work?

Wife beaters and slabs of VB have never really been the domain of the cashed up bogans.

A combination of that mind altering crap, speed, being so cheap and the lack of accountability from one punch murderers helps fuel it.

I've honestly been thinking about belting people who give me the shits, we know that it only costs you a few bucks when you go to court.

What amazes me is that you can kill someone and get a GBH charge. How does that work?

You have to have an intent to cause grievous bodily harm and then kill someone - belting someone isn't necessarily intending to cause GBH.

I have hit a lot of men in my life.

But they always have to choose violence first, then I respond and teach them the horrible law of justice without law.

As to the killing, well, no one really understands how that works.

Yet humanity keeps on doing it.

We have not climbed down from the trees all that long ago.

Hell, maybe it would be better if we went back up them.

Surely one punches can never be classified as murder.

Its simple if you have one of the most boring cities in the world with a cashed up youth then these things will happen and continue to happen.

Thank god I have left dullsville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All thought is based on our personal lives, if you do not know that, you do not know anything Boo Moo.

Now you can shoot and kill someone over a $100.00 drug debt and get 4 yrs.
Backdated of course

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23592728-948,00.html

THE man who shot dead Bunbury teenager Lawrence Dix over a $100 drug debt was jailed today for a minimum of two years and three months.

Outside court, Mr Dix’s distraught parents slammed the sentence, with his mother Annette declaring that "life is cheap in this town”.

Supreme Court justice Ralph Simmonds sentenced Jack Benjamin Hall, 20, for the manslaughter of Mr Dix, 19, who died in the lounge room of his home in the Bunbury suburb of Dalleyup from a single gunshot wound to the chest on April 1 last year.

His two younger brothers, then aged 13 and 15, witnessed the shooting and attempted in vain to save his life.

Justice Simmonds fixed a term of six and years five months’ jail, which he cut by a third to four years and three months, under the WA’s truth in sentencing legislation.

He backdated the sentence to April last year, giving credit for time in custody.

Hall will be eligible for release on parole from July next year.

Justice Simmonds said he conceded that the shooting of Mr Dix was ``not a willed act" by Hall, who had gone to the house with friends to demand $100 over a drug debt.

He described as ``appalling’’ the actions that lead to Mr Dix’s death.

The court was told Hall shot Mr Dix with a bolt-action 0.22 calibre rifle from the back seat of a car, while another man argued with the teenager on the front lawn.

``There is nothing to support that you intended to kill or indeed harm anyone including Lawrence Dix,’’ Justice Simmonds told the court.

Hall had told police that while he had the gun, which he had taken out of the car’s boot, he did not make a conscious decision to shoot and had only wanted to scare Mr Dix in handing over the money to his friend, the court heard.

Hall later said he had only heard a ``ping’’ before Mr Dix fled inside the house, telling his brother to run.

Justice Simmonds said that despite Hall’s drug-affected state – he had only six hours sleep in the three days before the killing in an amphetamine-fuelled binge – he understood his surroundings and should have been able to control his actions.

He said it was ``gravely dangerous and severely reprehensible’’ to aim a gun at a house.

Justice Simmonds gave credit for Hall’s guilty plea, remorse and prospects for rehabilitation, noting that he had undertaken a variety of programs while in custody including those for drug and alcohol abuse.

Hall, dressed in a black suit and shirt, took a deep breath as he was lead out of the dock and back into custody.

Mrs Dix walked out of court hand-in-hand with her husband Steve, telling waiting reporters that: "life is cheap in this town today.’’

Mr Dix said: ``I hoped for two miracles today.

"The first was my son would come to court - and that’s not going to happen,’’ he said.

"The other miracle might have been that the punishment fit the crime.

``This boy will spend only 15 months in jail for murdering our son - how fair is that?"

Mrs Dix, asked whether the sentence was fair, said: "I don’t really care but something a little bit more than 15 months.

"He has destroyed our family. He has ruined what we had and we had a beautiful, beautiful family.

"My kids won't even be over counselling by the time he's out. Happy Birthday for his 22nd or his 23rd birthday, my son is dead."

Hall’s uncle, Peter Lewis, read a statement on his nephew’s behalf, which told of his profound remorse for actions that lead to ``an accidental death’’.

``His infinite sympathy, and indeed the sympathy from Jack’s family and loved ones, goes to the Dix family on their tragic loss,’’ Mr Lewis said.

``Words cannot express our sorrow.

``From the onset of this tragedy, Jack has wanted to plead guilty to manslaughter and has been willing to face the consequences of such actions.

Mr Lewis said Mr Dix’s death would be Hall’s ``cross to bear’’ and he hoped that others would learn from his mistakes.

In February, a Supreme Court jury failed to reach a verdict on a charge of murder after they were told that Hall was one of four men who went to the house to confront Mr Dix over the drug debt.

During the four-day trial, the court was told Hall had been affected by a cocktail of amphetamines, marijuana and alcohol.

Last month, Hall entered a plea of guilty to manslaughter, in a deal with the Director of Public Prosecutions.

In sentencing submissions earlier this week, Hall said he was ``truly sorry’’ for his actions.

It's really strange, but for 19 years I lived in WA, I never had any problems with violence, yes OK, I had two cars knocked off, but never any personal violence. The last seven years I lived alone & my back dorr was always open so Kenny could go out to the toilet,l I used to walk Kenny late at night, no problems. If I went out at night & couldn't find a taxi, I used to hitch hike home. Maybe I was lucky I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. :confused:

It's really strange, but for 19 years I lived in WA, I never had any problems with violence, yes OK, I had two cars knocked off, but never any personal violence.

I was over there 17 months ago during the holiday period, stayed in Scarborough, drank all night in NorthBridge pubs and didn't see or hear anything even resembling an arm wrestle.

Media hype. If it bleeds, it reads.

The last seven years I lived alone & my back dorr was always open so Kenny could go out to the toilet,l I used to walk Kenny late at night, no problems. If I went out at night & couldn't find a taxi, I used to hitch hike home. Maybe I was lucky I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. :confused:

Your dog goes to the toilet? Does his tail get wet?

I was over there 17 months ago during the holiday period, stayed in Scarborough, drank all night in NorthBridge pubs and didn't see or hear anything even resembling an arm wrestle.

Media hype. If it bleeds, it reads.

Your dog goes to the toilet? Does his tail get wet?

EEERRR no, because his tail is not near his penis. :confused:

I dont watch the news. I live in a real world not on a paper or a screen. Never had a issue with crime in Perth.

For instance if you watch the news do more people die in workplace accidents or do more people die in car crashes? The scale is tipped in the media towards car accidents but in the real world of facts and figures it's the workplace where most people die.

15 year low for crime, 30 year high for violence. However dont worry, Assults still happen mostly in the home. and per population assults are lower than the 1950's dispite superoir reporting of them.

It's really strange, but for 19 years I lived in WA, I never had any problems with violence, yes OK, I had two cars knocked off, but never any personal violence. The last seven years I lived alone & my back dorr was always open so Kenny could go out to the toilet,l I used to walk Kenny late at night, no problems. If I went out at night & couldn't find a taxi, I used to hitch hike home. Maybe I was lucky I wasn't in the wrong place at the wrong time. :confused:

Ahhh now i understand why you are such a boring *ed loser.

And so says the weak and irrelevant.

How are things over there now that the rockapes have lost their jet skis and mcmansions? Better or worse?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back