WA to host the GF?

Should WA host this years Grand Final?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what, covid is gonna hamper another season, if there's another stadium that could do the Grand Final justice, it's Domain stadium. And the time difference between the eastern and western states could also work in the AFL scheduling. Common sense. What would you rather watch, an MCG filled to 50-70% capacity? Or a packed Domain? This one seems a no brainer.

You know what, covid is gonna hamper another season, if there's another stadium that could do the Grand Final justice, it's Domain stadium. And the time difference between the eastern and western states could also work in the AFL scheduling. Common sense. What would you rather watch, an MCG filled to 50-70% capacity? Or a packed Domain? This one seems a no brainer.

I think its too soon to make a call either way. Who knows in say 3 months time Melbourne could be back to full capacity and WA is under lockdown/restrictions?

If its the same situation as today where Melbourne is under lockdown and free travel between the other major cities, then the home team should host it. Whether thats Geelong/Gabba/SCG/Domain/Adelaide Oval. If Richmond/Dogs/Dees are the home side then it will be at their 'hub' stadium of choice.

What would you rather watch, an MCG filled to 50-70% capacity? Or a packed Domain? This one seems a no brainer.

I think you asked two questions technically, but in answer to the quoted; a low capacity MCG is still going to be the pick.

It’s early June. The grand final is played in late September. Nothing needs to be decided now.

That said, if Victoria is locked down and the game needs to be played somewhere else then Perth and Optus Stadium would be the leading candidate.

Are you trolling or do you really think Optus Stadium is called Domain?

Lol, my mistake. Venues change names that frequently. Optus is an outstanding venue. If the game isn't at the MCG, it should be played in WA.

Lol, my mistake. Venues change names that frequently. Optus is an outstanding venue. If the game isn't at the MCG, it should be played in WA.

It's only ever had the name Optus Stadium (if you wish to call it something other than the Perth stadium or similar).

Domain was the last name of Subiaco Oval which last hosted games in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn't mind seeing a Perth GF personally. I've always been of the opinion the home team should host the grand final.

Make the call in August/September it was only a few weeks ago Melbourne was fine and we were living pretty normally.

However if it had to be moved, Perth/Optus stadium would be a fine venue. I'd still like to see an afternoon game though so maybe a 320pm Eastern state/1:20pm local start time,

I have a feeling the AFL would go twilight/night e.g. 530 start time local, 730 televised time eastern.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Perth GF personally. I've always been of the opinion the home team should host the grand final.

As long as the “fake” big nose of Perth is banned from the stadium, ......... that is Basil.

I hate these sponsors names, just say Perth Stadium or Burswood, makes it easier.

ABC has a policy of not using sponsor names so they talk about games at Carrara Stadium and Manuka Oval.

I would also prefer Perth Stadium.

Domain’s rubble at the moment mate so I’d probably go the G ;)

Edit: oh someone beat me to it :( ah well,

Back