WA Trip

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Gents,

I'm making my first interstate trip this year to watch the Saints - Heading to WA to watch the West Coast game. Any tips from anyone here that has made the journey previously.

Is there a Saints meet up at a pub somewhere pre game or anything else I should know about?

I'm going to be heading to this game as well! A bit scared...

What George said.

Only tip would be, mentally prepare yourself for what are the most heinous “supporters” in the league.

Chardonnay breathed, un-footy-educated, faux status having, geriatric leather handbag looking, toff scum

I remember when the Eagles entered the AFL , I went to a game in the first season and I always remember the one -eyed supporters booing good play from the other team , and most of the supporters had not even really followed the local WAFL teams before they came into the AFL - by talking to people I worked with and friends - they just jumped on the ban wagon.
I was a Swan Districts supporter and from that day on I said I would never follow West Coast - Swans had many good players who played the VFL / AFL like Leon Baker , Simon Beasley , Mike Richardson , Phil Narkle , Gary Sidebottom , Alan Sidebottom , Scott Cummings , Graham Melrose , Jason Ball , Bob Beecroft , Charlie Cameron , Nic Nat , Lewis Jetta , Andrew Krackouer , Derek King , Michael Walters , Chris Yarran and many more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched a lot of games at Subiaco where we have been belted, but I have also been there for when we have won. The WA team supporters go completely quiet when the opposing team gets in front, and only make a noise when they are ahead. Absolute frontrunners as supporters and it is very sweet to walk away with a victory.

Most memorable was Robert Harvey's 350th game, but there have been others where we got the 4 points which usually results in no voice for work on Monday, after shouting our song too loudly. The WA Saints fans can make some noise too at the game, so you won't feel alienated when you go coachnoodles.

I have watched a lot of games at Subiaco where we have been belted, but I have also been there for when we have won. The WA team supporters go completely quiet when the opposing team gets in front, and only make a noise when they are ahead. Absolute frontrunners as supporters and it is very sweet to walk away with a victory.

Most memorable was Robert Harvey's 350th game, but there have been others where we got the 4 points which usually results in no voice for work on Monday, after shouting our song too loudly. The WA Saints fans can make some noise too at the game, so you won't feel alienated when you go coachnoodles.

Harves’ 350th was the sweetest moment I’ve ever experienced live. Was there with 7 eagles supporters who were talking it up before the game, needless to say I because “that guy” in the crowd as we got further and further in front :tearsofjoy::stkilda:

I've been putting up with this ever since they started. I don't think their supporters are different to any others but what makes it seem bad is the overwhelming numbers of the baskets. Subiaco used to hold just over 40000 and I doubt whether we'd ever have 2000 supporters there. 20:1 always left me feeling just a little bit outnumbered.

The other problem about playing over here is that our record isn't that great. I went for years and years without seeing a win (I was away and missed our first win) so it's not like I turn up with outright confidence very often.

Nevertheless, as busso mick said, the wins over here have often been fantastic, 1:20 after a good win isn't a problem at all. It just provides more targets to gloat at!

if youre going to the new perth stadium, try and avoid the eastern side of the ground. its *in horrible in the arvo as the sun comes down

the 2nd level seats (i.e. in the stand) are pretty damn good and you're very close to the action, closer than subi's stand on the eastern side

allow for time to get there and leave. its a horrendous ground to get to

can confirm that the WA saints fans seats will be located in Bay 105 (Cheer Squad) and Bay 503 for the WCE game ...
for the Freo game we have a bigger allotment of tickets so we are going to be in Bay 105, 332,333 and 334..

The Pre-game is going to be at the new Burswood club just a short 5 min walk from the stadium so best way to beat the crowds will be to come to the pre-game function...
best bet is to follow The Western Saints on facebook as ill update all the details for both games as they become available (ill most likely do a post on here as well)

dont stress bout the crowds being pro WCE they are going to be bottom 4 this year so once we start beating them they tend to shrink ... but even if thats not the case us WA supporters are LOUD so even when outnumbered you can hear us ...

if anyone is ever in perth during the season the Western Saint gather every week at our home venue The Aberdeen Hotel Northbridge (formerly known as the Game Sports Bar)..

can confirm that the WA saints fans seats will be located in Bay 105 (Cheer Squad) and Bay 503 for the WCE game ...
for the Freo game we have a bigger allotment of tickets so we are going to be in Bay 105, 332,333 and 334..

The Pre-game is going to be at the new Burswood club just a short 5 min walk from the stadium so best way to beat the crowds will be to come to the pre-game function...
best bet is to follow The Western Saints on facebook as ill update all the details for both games as they become available (ill most likely do a post on here as well)

dont stress bout the crowds being pro WCE they are going to be bottom 4 this year so once we start beating them they tend to shrink ... but even if thats not the case us WA supporters are LOUD so even when outnumbered you can hear us ...

if anyone is ever in perth during the season the Western Saint gather every week at our home venue The Aberdeen Hotel Northbridge (formerly known as the Game Sports Bar)..
This is a really good post (although you haven’t mentioned when you meet every week).

Do the mods think we should have an interstate information thread stickied to the main board?

This is a really good post (although you haven’t mentioned when you meet every week).

Do the mods think we should have an interstate information thread stickied to the main board?
we meet every week in line with the game start time for our team ... generally half an hour before the first bounce so we can get settled in with our drinks ect before the actoin on the big screen starts ...

Tickets for the WC v Saints game seem to be the only one I can't make a purchase for. Does this mean that the game is sold out?

Tickets for the WC v Saints game seem to be the only one I can't make a purchase for. Does this mean that the game is sold out?
Tickets aren't on sale yet in case anyone's wondering.

Tickets on sale now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back