- Nov 7, 2017
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
- Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Lukac is 196cm but you're not drafting him as a ruck, he's a forward and has been good all season playing forward mostly with only squirts in the ruck for WWT. He'd be a development project but one I'd be keen to take on.How tall is he ? ......agree, he looked excellent in the ruck, but depends on his height re his future
Matthew Roberts will slide to late teens in the Draft ....emphasis by clubs is on midfield speed, and he's not good enough to compensate for his ave athleticism
Burgoyne's class ....will be a good pickup, and good AFL footballer
Horne Smith looked to be in safety mode ....and Draper is also, like Roberts, a late teens Draft pick
Was at the groundProbably comes down to what you're looking for and rated other performances as well, would be interested in peoples WA top 6's as well tbh
Lack of practise runs for SA hurt, as well as having poor tall stocks so they lost most ruck contests, makes it hard for Draper and Horne in particular to impact in the guts as those guys that usually are the target to win the clearances. SA rotated a lot as well so was rare the Horne was in there with other guys you'd typically consider in their best starting 3Not that I’m much chop compared to the likes of eDPS PMBangers & Davo-27, but I shared my views below on JHF’s game today on the North board. See below…
Tried to watch today as objectively as I could. Have loved what I’ve seen of JHF this year but also don’t want to be married to a selection…
- As a whole, I’d say all the SA kids were disappointing. Not one had a good game, bar maybe Wanganeen, who I thought (like JHF) showed glimpses rather then having a good game.
- In terms of JHF, he is clearly a high impact player over accumulator. Unsure of whether he will ever be an accumulator, his midfield craft looked a bit rusty, just wasn’t running to the right spots. That being said, it was the case with all the SA mids, they were dominated and the WA ruckman was pretty influential in giving them silver service. Had a couple clearances & unlike his teammates, always takes the best option.
- Played 50/50 mid forward and then played entire 4th quarter as full forward where surprisingly I thought he was most influential. Kicked one goal, gave off one that he could have kicked but gave it to his team mate running into the goal square. His ball use is elite, did not waste a possession. His marking is elite.
- Biggest concern is he looked a little lost at stoppages. That being said, so did Roberts & Draper at times who are two of the other best prospects in the country, which tells me that there is a clear breakdown in what they were doing.
- His transitional running didn’t look as bad as some had mentioned (IMO) and think he would have got quite a bit more touches in a decent side, but they were just a mess, burning each other all the time, not playing for each other.
I’m not reading too much into that game in regards to any of the SA prospects tbh. They were completely dominated and we know that there are some serious prospects in that side, so I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt
Safety mode?Horne Smith looked to be in safety mode ....
Take it however you want I guess.So, is that good or bad .......does Horne-Francis get enough possessions, or more just what he does is very good ?
With no disrespect meant for Tasmania, I can't see that benefitting anyoneWould be nice to get a Tas vs SA and WA games up whilst they can especially in say Adelaide next weekend
I dont believe anythings been organised but get games done whilst theirs a window
Yep - this was very noticeable in the 3rd quarter when he went into the midfield and WA had a picnic out of the centre.I thought Draper was good when he got his hands on the ball but when he didn’t he was just a spectator and my biggest pet peeve for the game was watching him watch wa mids around contests walk the ball out. A cardboard cutout would have been more useful.
Whoever gets their hands on him in the draft might have a bit of work to do on him defensively
Sounds like rozee in his draft yearYeh I can see how draper divides opinion , I was big on him before this showing . I don't really like his intensity around the contest , he tries to get around on natural talent alone (which he has alot of ) just not sure how that translates to the next level.
The players would get more from a training session than coming up against Tassie, it'd be a non-contestI know they might not be great but games are better than none.
I suppose it impacts finals for WAFL and SANFL next weekend although it does this weekend aswell