U18 Champs WA v SA U19's Championship game, Saturday 1PM (AWST), Game being broadcast on AFL Youtube

Remove this Banner Ad

There's probably a couple of guys that crumbled as little bit on this stage as well which will be interesting to see how their rankings on the board change. I know Chipper will have won a lot of it, almost the most of it, but I really don't see it, a lot of seagull touches with nothing to his disposals

Now I’m a big fan of Arlo but he wasn’t in SA’s best 2. NWM absolutely was
SA had so many passengers I reckon a guy that livened up their forward 50 in the final quarter is worth a shoutout

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My bests for each side

WA
Bazzo
Johnson
Amiss
Hough
Van-Rooyen
Tunstill

SA
Wanganeen-Milera
Burgoyne
Draper
Ferres
Horne-Francis
Roberts

I agree with your SA list, not sure about the WA one but then it was very even. I would have had one of the inside midfielders from WA in the Top 5 there simply because they curbed the influence of what I saw was a more talented inside team from SA.

Yeh I can see how draper divides opinion , I was big on him before this showing . I don't really like his intensity around the contest , he tries to get around on natural talent alone (which he has alot of ) just not sure how that translates to the next level.

My bests for each side

WA
Bazzo
Johnson
Amiss
Hough
Van-Rooyen
Tunstill

SA
Wanganeen-Milera
Burgoyne
Draper
Ferres
Horne-Francis
Roberts
Personally I'd have Lewis Rayson ahead of most of them?

Edit : SA boys.

My bests for each side

WA
Bazzo
Johnson
Amiss
Hough
Van-Rooyen
Tunstill

SA
Wanganeen-Milera
Burgoyne
Draper
Ferres
Horne-Francis
Roberts
Look I follow you a lot and I know you’ve long been a big fan of Arlo. But on any fair view he’s not in SA top 3. And I’m a fan of Arlo too. When SA rotated him into the midfield in that 3rd quarter they were absolutely slaughtered. Apart from that he took 1 x very nice mark and kicked 1 goal.

Players certainly ahead of Arlo

NWM
Rayson
Roberts
Liddy
Ferres
Burgoyne
Then he’s probably in a group somewhere after that.

And make no mistake I’m a big fan of Arlo, massive upside, but still a ways to go.

Yeah he and Becker likely around the mark for the bests.
I liked Lukac's athleticism and really the only time the SA on ballers looked dangerous was when he was rucking, obviously he's a forward but I think he's at least a rookie chance.

Thoughts?

I liked Lukac's athleticism and really the only time the SA on ballers looked dangerous was when he was rucking, obviously he's a forward but I think he's at least a rookie chance.

Thoughts?
He shows small signs but yeah not a great day to be a forward for SA, I would have him rucking over Steene but he is still a bit undersized for it. I thought Zac Phillips was an odd omission unless he is injured

He shows small signs but yeah not a great day to be a forward for SA, I would have him rucking over Steene but he is still a bit undersized for it. I thought Zac Phillips was an odd omission unless he is injured
Pretty sure the commentators mentioned Phillips was injured early in the coverage.

Thoughts?
How tall is he ? ......agree, he looked excellent in the ruck, but depends on his height re his future

Matthew Roberts will slide to late teens in the Draft ....emphasis by clubs is on midfield speed, and he's not good enough to compensate for his ave athleticism

Burgoyne's class ....will be a good pickup, and good AFL footballer

Horne Smith looked to be in safety mode ....and Draper is also, like Roberts, a late teens Draft pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back