U18 Champs WA v SA U19's GRAND FINAL DAY CURTAIN RAISER!!!! AFL stream 1pm AWST/3pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 7, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Manchester City, Collingwood AFLW
Final Teams here;

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
B:
F. Gorringe, J. Busslinger, L. Michael
HB: J. Avery, J. van Rooyen, S. Gilbey
C: B. Hough, K. Dittmar, A. Jones
HF: K. Harbour, J. Amiss, L. Paton
F: E. Benning, L. Polson, J. Stretch
Foll: J. Broadbent, M. Johnson, J. Tunstill
I/C: O. Armstrong, K. Bevan, C. Bourne, R. Farmer, Z. Fleiner

Emerg: D. Curtin, J. Draper, G. Julian

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
B:
Z. Becker, J. Parish, M. Litster
HB: A. Draper, O. Adams, B. O'Loughlin
C: L. Rayson, H. Harrison, N. Wanganeen-Milera
HF: C. Kennedy, L. Cooke, W. Spain
F: H. Lemmey, J. Lukac, I. Dudley
Foll: O. Steene, M. Liddy, S. Linke
I/C: A. D'Aloia, L. Grubb, H. Jackson, M. Michalanney, J. Owens

Emerg: C. Beecken, B. Calvett, H. Stagg, L. Whitelum

Game starts at 3pm AEST on the AFL website

Last edited:

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Freo fans that haven't watched him may get upset but I feel that he will be right in the sights of Freo assuming we have two Top 10 picks; maybe given the number of talls around the same kind of mark we might even go with him first?

Good call pre-game.
I'm with you. I know we need talls, but gee it is difficult to feel certain about the contenders given the lack of exposure.

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I'm with you. I know we need talls, but gee it is difficult to feel certain about the contenders given the lack of exposure.

I am assuming that we will end up with top 10 picks, and we will have Benning as an NGA; then it really seems a no-brainer to go NWM, then pick the best available tall of Amiss, Williams or JVR. That will give us everything that we have claimed we need, two talls, at least one who can ruck and the quality fast winger to replace Cerra.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
Scrappy game. Interestingly they were using Sherrin's in this match. Usually a Burley in WA matches (non AFL). Subtle differences in the ball that can take some getting used to.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I am assuming that we will end up with top 10 picks, and we will have Benning as an NGA; then it really seems a no-brainer to go NWM, then pick the best available tall of Amiss, Williams or JVR. That will give us everything that we have claimed we need, two talls, at least one who can ruck and the quality fast winger to replace Cerra.
My main issue is about the suggestion that we load up on this draft. Difficult to see the value, especially trading in future picks to trade up.

Had you seen much of Jones before?

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
What's really come from this game is the knowledge that WA should play some more of these small forwards that missed last game in their next match up
Yea nice comment kaden harbour is the best defensive small forward i seen in a long time, he has had
outstanding colts season.
He will be another rookie draft pick that could go on and have a outstanding AFL career

Richard Famer is very well rounded small forward that can go into the midfield wonderful field kicking skills

Johnny Bananas

Premiership Player Hater
Sep 10, 2010
Next door
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not keen on Erasmus?

Aug 15, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
I think freo will take Amiss with pick 6 and Erazmus or MJ at pick 8 whoevers available

Then I think they'll look to match bids on Motlop past 40 and also Benning

Plenty of good talent from WA be interesting if they also look at Hough if they still have 27 and guys local guys like Cripps/Browne/Warner as late picks/rookies

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 1, 2008
NASA
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg
As a dees fan, is it fair to assume that Woewodin isn't draft worthy if he didn't make the curtain raiser team on a grand final day involving Melbourne?
East Freo and Swan Districts players had a Colts prelim.

Is there a replay somewhere
On form it'll quietly appear on the AFL site in a few weeks time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back