Wacky? Schache to Back-e?

Remove this Banner Ad

Libba39

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2008
Murrumbeena
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could Josh do with a stint down back? There's no question in my mind that we need a second tall down there as any time Cordy got caught up the ground we looked vulnerable.

Schache could no doubt learn some things by playing on some good forwards and also get some desperation into his game. This would also allow us to bring in Trengove to play forward OR back plus ruck relief, and add flexibility to the side.

No doubt in my mind that this is a development year. I think we could experiment throughout and still have a small crack at making the 8.

Sure we could persist with Schache up forward but with Naughton obviously blossoming (what a 3rd qtr!) he's going to attract the biggest/best defender from now on without fail as teams are simply not going to worry about Schache who is not providing a contest.

Thoughts?

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sending Schache down back you must be on the crack, get Terry Wheeler in to get a firm grip on his sack.
Look if Schache kicks 20 to 30 goals this year it is a win for us, at the moment I would switch Schache
and Naughton or play them both high and hit up our goals through Mclean, Lloyd, Dickson and maybe
Webb and Dale eventually. We could even isolate Jong as the "Bear in the square", it's clear to me that
we as a team need to incorporate the end with the goal posts that we score through as actually being
part of the ground.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Could Josh do with a stint down back? There's no question in my mind that we need a second tall down there as any time Cordy got caught up the ground we looked vulnerable.

Schache could no doubt learn some things by playing on some good forwards and also get some desperation into his game. This would also allow us to bring in Trengove to play forward OR back plus ruck relief, and add flexibility to the side.

No doubt in my mind that this is a development year. I think we could experiment throughout and still have a small crack at making the 8.

Sure we could persist with Schache up forward but with Naughton obviously blossoming (what a 3rd qtr!) he's going to attract the biggest/best defender from now on without fail as teams are simply not going to worry about Schache who is not providing a contest.

Thoughts?

If you want his man to kick 10 goals yes

If not HELL NO

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Development year is code for we arent very good and will hide it behind the “development” theory

One thing I will say is we are original. 3rd “development year” in a row after a premiership with a young group. Lol

Triple Baileys

Club Legend
Jan 7, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We are putting Schache back,
Because he sucked when in attack,
Don't argue or make no bones,
He could be the next Liam Jones.

I love you Justin Timberlake and hope your balls drop soon..

Come on
He could be the next Darcy Mooron.

Aug 16, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Z Corey plays an integral role in the forward line and we win the flag but is now our kpd. If shack continues to disappoint then why not give him a run in the vfl in defence. Either that or send him over the fences at Warrnambool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Schache has to be the High Half Forward role, provide a bail out option down the line. Use his tank to work his defender over and get free to take a mark forward.
Hawks game as an example two of his goals came when the back up ruck . Give him some licence to get on his bike might be the best thing for Schache IMO

Back