Preview Wacky Wednesday

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know which club had Mad Monday at The Royal on Punt Road? Only caught a glance as I walked past as the side doors were wide open for a keg delivery, but it was full of fit blokes in wacky dress - one had a Richmond jumper on and a haircut like Dustin Martin. Didn't stick around for an appointment of supporting the staff and their daddy issues as the group of lads in dress up seemed to have the run of the place.

Promise I was only walking past, the street next to it is the quickest way home from work.

I suspect they have gathered at Port Melbourne bowler. i saw Swallow and Waite walking that way whilst I was having a coffee nearby.

Anyone know which club had Mad Monday at The Royal on Punt Road? Only caught a glance as I walked past as the side doors were wide open for a keg delivery, but it was full of fit blokes in wacky dress - one had a Richmond jumper on and a haircut like Dustin Martin. Didn't stick around for an appointment of supporting the staff and their daddy issues as the group of lads in dress up seemed to have the run of the place.

Promise I was only walking past, the street next to it is the quickest way home from work.
Hawthorn I think

If you have a look at Josh Williams' snapchat story, the boys are already into the celebrations.

Ryan Clarke doing a shoey is a highlight.
Ahh the humble shoey. That warms my heart. It's an Australian institution.

Hawthorn were at The Rising Sun (cnr Swan and Burnley Sts) in normal street clothes, so it wasn't them.
Retracts earlier comment about Family Club / Family Hotel.

On my part is was a very slow walk past the open doors of the Royal in order to get a glimpse, and noticed a few dozen blokes in their 20s in dress ups. Being a Monday and end of footy season, assumed it was team letting some steam out. I mean off. Do VFL do Mad Monday or too many guys with day jobs?

Retracts earlier comment about Family Club / Family Hotel.

On my part is was a very slow walk past the open doors of the Royal in order to get a glimpse, and noticed a few dozen blokes in their 20s in dress ups. Being a Monday and end of footy season, assumed it was team letting some steam out. I mean off. Do VFL do Mad Monday or too many guys with day jobs?

Most AFL clubs do a watered down version of Mad Monday, sans dildo accessory and a skin full of grog in public.

The trend these days is to hire a pub, allow the press in for a few minutes to get some pics, then party on in private with the risk of stuff ups minimised.

The bulk of clubs at all levels have some form of breakup post season though so it may have been anyone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back