WADA likens EFC case to BALCO case

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm concerned at the lack of definition on your frontal body parts, are you blank?
Not entirely. I just thought it best to photoshop out the Spandau Ballet body art

I'm thinking it might be time for one of my old favourite, forum games, namely "Highlight-extracts-from-reported-comments-to-twist-the-interpretation-to-suit-your-foaming-preference". Here's mine, posted much earlier in the thread (I've also added a mini-game of "try-and-use-as-many-emotes-as-possible-in-the-one-post-to-you-show-you-also-poking-fun"):

From this one: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...balco-case-20151127-gl9uxt.html#ixzz3svtHjCf4
"For us, the key issue [in appealing the AFL tribunal finding] was: can investigations be done in a way that BALCO and a whole lot of other previous cases were run? Or, is there going to be a significant change due to the way the AFL tribunal decided it? Because that would change the whole way that we put cases before courts.

"The standard of proof that was used in the cases that led to the first non-analytical sanctions [through BALCO] was quite different to the proof used in the AFL tribunal. So we are trying to find out what the correct standard is under the [WADA] Code.

"That puts it into perspective. It's a big principle."
Once again, I believe that AFL supporters are guilty of isolating this to their ****ed-up and horrifying corrupt, local sports code and sporting body (yep, as per my tag, I foam against the AFL - note I said AFL and not EFC?;)).

This is a test case for interpretation of burden of proof, for the correct standard under the WADA Code. That is a major underpinning principle of what WADA try to do, world-wide. If a scenario like this can't be investigated, prepared and convicted under the code, then changes are required.
  • This is no longer about 34~40+ footballers who stupidly absolved themselves of their own responsibilities, for what was put into their bodies (although I foam that it should be o_O).
  • This is no longer about a diabolical, mad sports scientist, running rampant amongst many sporting clubs in many codes (that's the other 30+ SCNs and I'm foaming for those to be closed out:().
  • This is no longer about various support staff, who all had opportunities and responsibility to see what was going on and individually (or collectively) put a stop to it - including a doctor that may or may not have been blinded by almost childish loyalties to a long-distant aura of community and brotherhood (I'm still foaming that so many older and experienced "club men" allowed younger "club men" to be experimented on - WTF????:straining:).
  • This is no longer about the golden-haired, poster child, club hero who was far too out of his depth and wasn't mature enough to see (or admit) that he was not in control, or looking after the wellbeing of the players under his tutelage and responsibility (funnily enough, the frothing and foaming has becalmed a little now that he has moved on - although spittle and foaming may again resume, if he is ever put in a similar position of responsibility again:rolleyes:).
  • This is no longer about the club that:
    • Put the poster child, club hero in a position of responsibility and then failed to support him; and in doing so also failed the players that are supposedly one of their key assets (sorry, I almost wrote "cattle" instead of asset - too much foaming about the club failures)
    • Has not endeavoured to move mountains to find out exactly what happened to to their key cattle, er I mean assets (yep, still foaming :cry:)
    • Has not made a single move on the mad scientist, that they employed, with no apparent contract and with no apparent over-sight or audit framework (I'm foaming at WorkSafe that they've sat back this long and let ASADA have first kick of the carcass ... for 3 years).
    • Railed against the corrupt, parental, sporting code that was actually doing it's darndest to shovel this huge pile of steaming, smelling shite, under a consumer grade carpet rug (I'm not foaming, I'm just as confused as **** that they can't see what could have happened, had the AFL not hung them out from the start :confused:).
  • This is no longer about a corrupt and greedy sporting body, that balks at the slightest hint of a risk to the golden eggs, kicked around during winter months (although I foam that it should be - clear 'em all out and hand control of the game back to the state leagues :mad:).
  • This is no longer about the long-suffering members and supporters, still being dragged through the s**t some 3 years later, still being asked to pony up for "one-off", yearly cash donations; and knowing that their club will be forever known as drug-cheats, no matter how this ends up (now I'm foaming at myself for not being more sympathetic, as I'd hate to be watching my club go through s**t like this):oops:.
Now is there anyone on the board that I haven't managed to offend - I think I've even foamed myself! :eek:

Where was I? Oh yeah ... screw The Vibe, this is about The Principle! :thumbsu:
There's a Dublin expression that comes to mind : It's a pile of shite ... with onions.

I'm thinking it might be time for one of my old favourite, forum games, namely "Highlight-extracts-from-reported-comments-to-twist-the-interpretation-to-suit-your-foaming-preference". Here's mine, posted much earlier in the thread (I've also added a mini-game of "try-and-use-as-many-emotes-as-possible-in-the-one-post-to-you-show-you-also-poking-fun"):

From this one: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/spo...balco-case-20151127-gl9uxt.html#ixzz3svtHjCf4
"For us, the key issue [in appealing the AFL tribunal finding] was: can investigations be done in a way that BALCO and a whole lot of other previous cases were run? Or, is there going to be a significant change due to the way the AFL tribunal decided it? Because that would change the whole way that we put cases before courts.

"The standard of proof that was used in the cases that led to the first non-analytical sanctions [through BALCO] was quite different to the proof used in the AFL tribunal. So we are trying to find out what the correct standard is under the [WADA] Code.

"That puts it into perspective. It's a big principle."
Once again, I believe that AFL supporters are guilty of isolating this to their ****ed-up and horrifying corrupt, local sports code and sporting body (yep, as per my tag, I foam against the AFL - note I said AFL and not EFC?;)).

This is a test case for interpretation of burden of proof, for the correct standard under the WADA Code. That is a major underpinning principle of what WADA try to do, world-wide. If a scenario like this can't be investigated, prepared and convicted under the code, then changes are required.
  • This is no longer about 34~40+ footballers who stupidly absolved themselves of their own responsibilities, for what was put into their bodies (although I foam that it should be o_O).
  • This is no longer about a diabolical, mad sports scientist, running rampant amongst many sporting clubs in many codes (that's the other 30+ SCNs and I'm foaming for those to be closed out:().
  • This is no longer about various support staff, who all had opportunities and responsibility to see what was going on and individually (or collectively) put a stop to it - including a doctor that may or may not have been blinded by almost childish loyalties to a long-distant aura of community and brotherhood (I'm still foaming that so many older and experienced "club men" allowed younger "club men" to be experimented on - WTF????:straining:).
  • This is no longer about the golden-haired, poster child, club hero who was far too out of his depth and wasn't mature enough to see (or admit) that he was not in control, or looking after the wellbeing of the players under his tutelage and responsibility (funnily enough, the frothing and foaming has becalmed a little now that he has moved on - although spittle and foaming may again resume, if he is ever put in a similar position of responsibility again:rolleyes:).
  • This is no longer about the club that:
    • Put the poster child, club hero in a position of responsibility and then failed to support him; and in doing so also failed the players that are supposedly one of their key assets (sorry, I almost wrote "cattle" instead of asset - too much foaming about the club failures)
    • Has not endeavoured to move mountains to find out exactly what happened to to their key cattle, er I mean assets (yep, still foaming :cry:)
    • Has not made a single move on the mad scientist, that they employed, with no apparent contract and with no apparent over-sight or audit framework (I'm foaming at WorkSafe that they've sat back this long and let ASADA have first kick of the carcass ... for 3 years).
    • Railed against the corrupt, parental, sporting code that was actually doing it's darndest to shovel this huge pile of steaming, smelling shite, under a consumer grade carpet rug (I'm not foaming, I'm just as confused as **** that they can't see what could have happened, had the AFL not hung them out from the start :confused:).
  • This is no longer about a corrupt and greedy sporting body, that balks at the slightest hint of a risk to the golden eggs, kicked around during winter months (although I foam that it should be - clear 'em all out and hand control of the game back to the state leagues :mad:).
  • This is no longer about the long-suffering members and supporters, still being dragged through the s**t some 3 years later, still being asked to pony up for "one-off", yearly cash donations; and knowing that their club will be forever known as drug-cheats, no matter how this ends up (now I'm foaming at myself for not being more sympathetic, as I'd hate to be watching my club go through s**t like this):oops:.
Now is there anyone on the board that I haven't managed to offend - I think I've even foamed myself! :eek:

Where was I? Oh yeah ... screw The Vibe, this is about The Principle! :thumbsu:
My problem is that this is too close to actual posts on here, on the key points where I know I should laugh I'm rolling my eyes instead.:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there,anywhere on this board a thread whose focus is the recent ASADA versus Essendon Football Club issue?
Seems that has just faded into obscurity....
Has anything actually happened since the bluster from WADA about CAS?

Is there,anywhere on this board a thread whose focus is the recent ASADA versus Essendon Football Club issue?

We have had a series of interesting discussions across in the other thread based on the topic of the day (or hour) as selected by Percel It's the main reason most of us are still logging on as we dont wan't to miss a topic.

Last edited:
There is nothing to talk about. Watson cracked under pressure.

Essendon remain optimistic about a verdict date, however nobody has heard anything. Expect it in Jan/Feb

And we are in search for the best dumpling place, so place your thoughts

Could Little be playing it smart though?

The players could sue the directors for their actions (I'm sure the directors will be insured)
He's cutting his losses. Despite not running a football club all too well, he's no fool. People like him don't make $800 million for being stupid. Said that he'd definitely be around until the CAS decision, and now the sudden departure. Perhaps he knows that a decision has already been made?

He's cutting his losses. Despite not running a football club all too well, he's no fool. People like him don't make $800 million for being stupid. Said that he'd definitely be around until the CAS decision, and now the sudden departure. Perhaps he knows that a decision has already been made?
Yeah, however there isn't much he can do now regardless of the decision.

Interesting that they don't remain confident anymore, even though there was not much new evidence, only the "crappy elevated levels" which means nothing to some people

Although he's not stupid, as such - he's been completely out of his depth as club president during a difficult time. Obviously a shrewd trucking guy when he's holding all the cards, but clearly a different story in the dirty, murky AFL world where the AFL are shuffling the deck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back