WADA to appeal AFL Tribunal's Essendon ruling

Remove this Banner Ad

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1u-gM,M1Y3DHa8ykP_GejMHc80U4I24mL48Tg5l27AHtLWLq2QDEOMTCNTmcn1jofnUjKt1U8uACxGca0PHpgAJYrYI2kHdZoM_HD7upSxm0vHa-NFqBL7QWykHpa4ZmVKZHGnp71_fkarE48J4likR_NtkihrcjqLIzgs8IDKQe6gxb_z6Lq5_0Cbkl-vOHaGW007vSIglGy-_m_pj_0
This is pretty cute and all but, Moobs - this is a country, not a quantity

When this is all over there are more than a few here who will have to go back to dissecting frogs and torturing their pets

Sounds like a familiar experimental environment... Are the frogs and pets wearing Essendon training jumpers?

The Essendon sookfest is a really quite pathetic don't you think?

If they didn't dope and they didn't lie then they have nothing to fear at CAS.

Why would they not want to clear the club's name?

As it stands, Essendon are just $leazy and $ycophantic.

Simple question. Can anyone point me to the quantities of TB4 Charters allegedly imported?

"14. On 11 January 2012, Charter forwarded a text message to Dank stating: Which peptides do you need (compounded) next?
15. In his reply Dank requested Thymosin Beta 4 & CJC-1295.
16. Charter then queried: What sort of quantities?
17. Dank replied to Charter stating: Thymosin 20 of 5ml vials."

Whistle blower is protected by law.

Interesting that you should say this.

My husband went to ACT Legal Aid about how my son's draft medical records were falsified plus more. ACT Legal Aid said that whistle blowers never prosper and it is pointless to fight AFL because they will lie. He also said FOIs are not worth the paper they are printed on.

He said my son would be better off playing social touch football like himself and focus on his studies because he won't win against them. He said it is probably best that he doesn't seek employment in Victoria. A very well known journo said the same thing about employment prospects for him in Victoria after he finishes studies. She said 'these people are powerful'.

Please tell me about the whister blower laws that protect innocent people in Australian sport -- and are worth a spit.

Interesting that you should say this.

My husband went to ACT Legal Aid about how my son's draft medical records were falsified plus more. ACT Legal Aid said that whistle blowers never prosper and it is pointless to fight AFL because they will lie. He also said FOIs are not worth the paper they are printed on.

He said my son would be better off playing social touch football like himself and focus on his studies because he won't win against them. He said it is probably best that he doesn't seek employment in Victoria. A very well known journo said the same thing about employment prospects for him in Victoria after he finishes studies. She said 'these people are powerful'.

Please tell me about the whister blower laws that protect innocent people in Australian sport -- and are worth a spit.
This is true. Whistle blowers are courageous people, but they don't last in their industry for much longer.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/wada-and-the-allknowing-football-league-20150516-gh354d.html

The recent attacks on WADA suggest that when faced with inconvenient doping outcomes, Australians can be just as quick to shift the blame as anyone else. We've been the first to ridicule other nations about spiked drink, steroid-contaminated T-bone, and various other caught-it-off-the-toilet-seat excuses, and we've expected the authorities to pursue them to the limit. But when it comes to a home ground scandal, there's more than a touch of "not in our backyard" to some of the response.

Speaking of the AFLPA, it has frequently expressed its concern for Essendon's players through this affair but has shown little appreciation of its broader responsibility. I may be wrong, but over the 27 months this has gone on, I've not read or heard one comment from the players' association referring to the players Essendon competes against.

After reading the father of James Hird's dribble in the HUN. I can only think that this should become the new Essendon theme song.
♫♫♫♫
Life is full of problems
And here's the remedy
Denial works for me (denial works for me)
There's a freight train coming
Loaded with anxiety
You're tied to the tracks - don't worry (denial works for me)
♫♫♫♫

Out of curiosity, what happened to Charter's Business Partner, Derek Bartolo, what happened there? .

Dunno, but the ACC were clearly into all this, hence the Bombers getting busted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So did the ACC get a hold of EFC and so on as they were tracking Bartolo?

They were looking into organised crime links and my understanding were very concerned about cops being corrupted in the gym/steroid scene by bikies.

They were looking into organised crime links and my understanding were very concerned about cops being corrupted in the gym/steroid scene by bikies.
Well Bartolo was charged with a serving VicPol Officer for Trafficking Steroids in 2013, so perhaps this is how the ACC ‘accidently’ came across the Essendon matter (i.e. IF they were tracking Bartolo).

Well Bartolo was charged with a serving VicPol Officer for Trafficking Steroids in 2013, so perhaps this is how the ACC ‘accidently’ came across the Essendon matter (i.e. IF they were tracking Bartolo).

I thought the investigation started earlier but certainly stuff like this would have been on their radar.

Have we heard any updates from Bruce on the current situation yet?
He quite probably went into apoplectic seizure such was the apparent shock from Essendon people that WADA would have had the temerity to appeal. None of them saw it coming. Not one to a T (well, those they've interviewed in any case).

Bruce and Martin Hardie have gone pretty quiet since March 31, 2015, in the main.

Poor old Martin.

To steal a line from someone who was a far better writer than me, Martin beats on, sea kayak against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past when he was cool coz he managed a few bands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back