Opinion Wadda We Sing

Remove this Banner Ad

jack son 5

Cancelled
Jan 16, 2011
melb
AFL Club
Melbourne
Now that the Dee's look set for a few wins next year, I'm curious to know what we're all going to shout/sing/chant with 5 minutes to go with the Dee's up by 8 goals.

I'm not a big fan of the "Melbouuuurne" chant that has been used the last few years. A lot of clubs using it like "Collinggggwoood".

Personally I would like to hear 40,000 Dee's fans chanting

"Olay, Olay, Olay, Olay....Demons, Demons"

I believe Olay is Spanish for hooray.

Any other ideas.

toiletlid_down_l.gif

"Melbourne! *clap clap clap*" now and forever.

Collingwoods droning sarcastic cheer is great for them but every other team that does it sounds lame.

The Dogs "Doggies doggies doggies, Woof woof woof!" is the worst thing ever.

"Aussie Aussie Aussie
Oi Oi Oi"

A staple of idiots everywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really not big enough, but i don't mind the melbourne one.

Wouldn't mind some chanting of high way to hell if it was to change

Don't we just have that trumpet guy come out playing grand old flag I'm happy with that arrangement.

On annoying chants I think freo have one but I can't think of it maybe because they didn't win much last season. Also I think songs/chants don't work so well in afl as compared to soccer is the fact that afl is so high scoring where soccer you need something else to entertain you.

We could just have some campaigner in a velvet jacket tootling on a trumpet.
I didn't like it when the trumpet was an official thing. However i do enjoy it when the guy rocks up in final minutes of the game and plays it

On annoying chants I think freo have one but I can't think of it maybe because they didn't win much last season. Also I think songs/chants don't work so well in afl as compared to soccer is the fact that afl is so high scoring where soccer you need something else to entertain you.
Freo and west coast's is just the same as the Collingwood drawn out chant with "Freo" and "eagles". As soon as something remotely exciting happens in the play, it stops.

We could just have some campaigner in a velvet jacket tootling on a trumpet.

Ah, the worst part of a win.

Some of the dogs games had these women screaming some s**t about stringer to the tune of yellow submarine I think .. would have hucked something at them if I was there

15 year old me learnt back in the intentional rules series in 05 that throwing pies was a bad idea.

jack son 5 I understand you want a better atmosphere at games and I know how you feel, but as we start winning more the bandwagon factor will be huge and the crowds will swell, and with that the atmosphere gets better. I actually thought the GWS game had the best atmosphere of any of the 14 games I attended, only 28k but the place was rocking in the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back