WAexit? what would the Eagles and Dockers do?

Remove this Banner Ad

i saw my parents for the first time in six months on the weekend, and it was only because dad had major surgery and mum several heart attacks i got a welcare exemption. no sh*t im salty.

you want independence, and im happy to back you 100%. no more complaining about gst, home games, daylight savings. im done with you all, you win

We don't want independence, but we don't want Covid either. Border restrictions work.

Besides which, this is a thread about kicking WA out of the Federation over a temporary thing, not about WA breaking away voluntarily.

I have had a nephew born in South Australia that I have not seen yet. Most of the family are keen to get over there when we can. It is tough but it works for the greater good.

We don't want independence, but we don't want Covid either. Border restrictions work.

Besides which, this is a thread about kicking WA out of the Federation over a temporary thing, not about WA breaking away voluntarily.

I have had a nephew born in South Australia that I have not seen yet. Most of the family are keen to get over there when we can. It is tough but it works for the greater good.

on covid border lockdown, i have zero issue with any state locking down their borders. best way to protect their citizens

wa going alone is a separate issue, but your treatment of the rest of australia, and the s**t we are copping from everyone has me over this experiment 100%. would vote tomorrow to kill federation and go to six independent nations

then you can have your wafl, as many games in perth as you want, no bitching about gst, and we wont care anymore

Lockdowns are not for the greater good at all, more people in WA are scared of lockdowns rather than the 'virus' that's why people don't want the WA border opened up.

Just recently WHO stated that lockdowns are the last resort and are worse than the 'virus' itself.

They also recently inadvertently released the fact that covid has a seasonal flu like mortality rate, hardly anything that we should lock down for, notwithstanding the real lack of any science behind locking away healthy people.

Facts matter.

i have lived in WA for around 20 years and most people wouldn't even know about it, kids may if they pay attention in class.
The longer the border stays closed more and more people are realising we don't need to be in the federation.

A bit fanciful, but would West Australia have a similar relationship to us as New Zealand?
I'd imagine the relationship with new Zealand would be better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you that salty over having to endure another Covid lockdown in your state, caused by your own mismanagement, that you wish harm upon yourselves? It is a situation where everybody loses.

The number of people who follow AFL in Australia isn't that great, and WA makes up a large chunk of that being a footy state. Cut the WA teams out of the comp and you'll lose a lot of followers. They won't just switch to supporting a different team, they'll just switch off out of spite. So down goes revenue, and TV rights and advertising and all the rest of it. The AFL will lose money out of it, and won't be able to keep funding expansion teams nor bailing out the struggling Melbourne clubs. Clubs will fold, you'll be back to being the an expanded VFL, while Rugby league goes on to claim the No. 1 spot permanently.

Besides which, the Morrison government has a majority of 2, with 11 Liberal Party seats held in WA. Not likely to vote WA out of the Federation and hand over the government to the ALP.

So you're suggesting that it's Western Australia's fault that ScoMo is PM?

Even more reason to rid the rest of Australia of the state that time forgot.

They would keep going. I'd imagine it would just be like the NRL with the New Zealand Warriors.

Even though it's different countries, unless we have some kind of dispute or war... sport and other activities will continue

A bit fanciful, but would West Australia have a similar relationship to us as New Zealand?

International Test matches between WA and Australia in cricket and Aussie Rules - sounds good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back