2nds WAFL 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that 10 weeks is richly deserved - was a freaking horrible tackle and not just because of the result. Felt Chatterley's forward momentum and used it to FKing drive that tackle down. Concussion tackle made worse by the angle of impact.

I would have thought about 6 weeks would have been plenty. But probably got the 10 due to his previous record as you say.
An increase for his bad record in the past 12 months (guilty of rough conduct in round 12) and an increase for pleading not guilty took it up to 10 weeks. Most in the media know this but are having a dummy spit about it because they were left out of a closed tribunal. For what its worth it was a closed tribunal at West Perths request as they wanted to protect Antonio.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say that 10 weeks is richly deserved - was a freaking horrible tackle and not just because of the result. Felt Chatterley's forward momentum and used it to FKing drive that tackle down. Concussion tackle made worse by the angle of impact.
Horrible tackle? Geeze i dont see it and dont think its that bad at all. No injury and nothing would even be looked at

Horrible tackle? Geeze i dont see it and dont think its that bad at all. No injury and nothing would even be looked at
First person I've heard on all forms of radio, social media etc to claim that tackle was "freaking horrible"

Excluding the WAFL tribunal of course.

Was not a malicious intentional tackle but it was extremely reckless. Saw somewhere that he has been reported and found guilty three times this year so his record may have impacted the final result but even with that 5 would have been enough.
I'm not even sure it was reckless. Antonio was head/side on to the player and Chatley's forward drive pushed his back. The only thing Antonio could do was try to drag him down with him. Unfortunately, the forward momentum by Chatley, combined with his jumper slipping up, meant he landed awkwardly. It was just a horrible accident in an unfortunate series of circumstances. The tribunal's decision is a disgrace.

I would have thought about 6 weeks would have been plenty. But probably got the 10 due to his previous record as you say.
I am happy with 10 sends the correct message that you dont sling people on their heads with their arms tangled in a jumper . Dont do it ,its bad . I reckon those that argue with that are reckless in their view . The fact he pleaded not guilty . What so if found not guilty you could do that again . Please . The kid needs educating

I'm not even sure it was reckless. Antonio was head/side on to the player and Chatley's forward drive pushed his back. The only thing Antonio could do was try to drag him down with him. Unfortunately, the forward momentum by Chatley, combined with his jumper slipping up, meant he landed awkwardly. It was just a horrible accident in an unfortunate series of circumstances. The tribunal's decision is a disgrace.

I think the jumper over the head may have disoriented Chatley and prevented him from taking evasive action when landing. Really sad and unfortunate, but 10 weeks is very hard to justify.

10 weeks is nuts. Classic case of the consequences determining the punishment instead of intent.

West Perth after consulting Antonio have decided not to appeal the decision. Shows a lot of respect for what Chatley is going through to accept what many consider an excessive penalty rather than keep this in the news

West Perth after consulting Antonio have decided not to appeal the decision. Shows a lot of respect for what Chatley is going through to accept what many consider an excessive penalty rather than keep this in the news
I know Mitch personally and it is very much in tune with his character, absolute champion bloke.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not me it was a reckless freaking horrible tackle to me too
I know it's all done and dusted as the Club is not going to appeal at Antonio's request (which is understandable under the circumstances), but just as a final comment even if it was reckless still think 10 weeks is extremely harsh when you consider there have been others who have received lighter sentences when their indiscretion was deliberate. Anyway all said and done it's a tragedy whichever way you look at it. Doubt anyway if Antonio would have felt like playing football for awhile. Just hope that whatever the outcome on Chatley is (and let's hope with time that there will be good news one day?), that Antonio can get back to playing football again next year once his penalty is completed.

B: Fraser Brown Blee
HB: Ellis Gorter Brophy
C: Cole Mutimer Jetta
HF: Karpany Lamb Colledge
F: Wulff Tunbridge Partington
R: Johnson Adamson Hutchings
I (from): Bennell Hart Maginness Lague Hille Samelko Hodgson

In: Cole, Ellis, Colledge, Jetta, Brown, Hutchings, Maginness, Samelko
spacer.gif

Out: Nelson, Mackenzie, Giles, Duggan, Sheed (all WCE), Allen (omitted)

Cole, Ellis and Colledge are back, meaning the senior side's chock full of Eagles. Sheed will probably also be released to play though I suspect McGinnity will be held over and Schofield will be rested with "soreness". Allen's been squeezed out, he'll play reserves but Snadden has apparently come down with Partington's Disease as he hasn't been named.

Love that we've got a Thursday night game but the lighting is shocking
Why the hell does City of Vincent have a logo on the field, they have done nothing for WAFL football. The lights, toilets in the outer, scoreboard, the grandstand falling apart, the playing surface, their maintenance of Leederville Oval is disgraceful.

Why the hell does City of Vincent have a logo on the field, they have done nothing for WAFL football. The lights, toilets in the outer, scoreboard, the grandstand falling apart, the playing surface, their maintenance of Leederville Oval is disgraceful.
Agreed, I don't like going there. No redeeming features whatsoever.

What's the deal with Cole these days? I heard he was sick last week but haven't been hearing the glowing reports of earlier in the year.
had a dip in form but his last game before he got sick, he had 22 times in the wet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back