Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Lamb seems to be finishing games really strongly and continuing to mature.

Hopefully we can continue with him on the list as his ceiling looks pretty high.
It's going to be an interesting list management period. If we decide to keep on guys like Lamb there may be some forced retirements.

It's going to be an interesting list management period. If we decide to keep on guys like Lamb there may be some forced retirements.
Some tough calls will be made. Could see some deserving players make way. Could see karpany given the boot or even lamb.

Some tough calls will be made. Could see some deserving players make way. Could see karpany given the boot or even lamb.
I think Karpany will be a definite delisting. He is almost there but the fact he isn't pushing hard for selection after 4 years will get him the chop. As Keys says his productivity isn't high enough.

I'm actually with Numbat (the name doesn't give me any confidence) on that one fellas.

Bit disappointed Rioli is a bit of a Lardo. Quite annoyed actually, but more so with the club rather than a rookie who's only just joined a professional organisation.

Firstly the club should know enough about one of their players to presume he's obviously the heavier type in his genetic make up, and would have to be monitored closely during his rehabilitation. Especially considering he can't run. Anyone on this board is smart enough to realize the potential for him to blow out.

There's plenty of 'leg free' methods to maintain fitness. His hamstring is a very weak excuse IMO. Even more so when you have a professional organisation with every sports scientist w***er, fitness coach, rehabilitation co-coordinator looking for more ways to justify their job.

I couldn't care less if he's pudgy, so long as it doesn't limit his impact on games i couldn't care less, but he looks 10-15kgs heavier than when he arrived, and that for me is disappointing.

I'm actually with Numbat (the name doesn't give me any confidence) on that one fellas.

Bit disappointed he's a bit of a Lardo. Quite annoyed actually, but more so with the club rather than a rookie who's only just joined a professional organisation.

Firstly the club should know enough about one of their players to presume he's obviously the heavier type in his genetic make up, and would have to be monitored closely during his rehabilitation. Especially considering he can't run. Anyone on this board is smart enough to realize the potential for him to blow out.

There's plenty of 'leg free' methods to maintain fitness. His hamstring is a very weak excuse IMO. Even more so when you have a professional organisation with every sports scientist ******, fitness coach, rehabilitation co-coordinator looking for more ways to justify their job.

I couldn't care less if he's pudgy, so long as it doesn't limit his impact on games i couldn't care less, but he looks 10-15kgs heavier than when he arrived, and that for me is disappointing.
They have few cardio machines at the club that are designed for players with leg injuries. Rioli had been home a few times in the last few months and probably put on more. He looked pretty fit in the preseason. There's a strong possibility that he could dominate wafl this season and still not game a due to his poor fitness.

Ok scores level there is 5 seconds on the clock 2 metres from your goal . Ump blows time on throws the ball up . You only need 1 point so Nic Nat punches it through for that point . Siren then sounds . Does the point stand ?

Only if the ball bounces first. you're not allowed to punch through directly from the ruck. In a marking contest there is no such rule.

Good to see Rioli back albeit a lot heavier.

Once he gets match fitness and has a few more weeks of full training sessions he will drop a lot of it off.

Can't wait to see a natural crumber at the feet of Kennedy Darling and Co.

Kennedy Darling Petrie/Vardy Lecras Cripps Rioli oh boy woweeeeeee what a dynamic forward line!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a lot of good research around looking at the causes of obesity. It is a mulitfactorial issue and I think it would be fair to say you are over simplifying it.

Why don't you go and do some reading?

Mate, I'm a naturally bigger guy who gains weight at a somewhat alarming rate. I used to gain 5-8kg of fat in a 2-3 month offseason without doing anything much my mates didn't do.

But ultimately it's manageable with diet - exercise helps obviously but it's mainly diet - I've always had the excuse that it's harder for me than others (true) but it's completely a pointless argument. He's put on about 10kg of fat in 10 weeks. That's diet. And if he was sufficiently disciplined with his diet most of that could have been avoided.

With dark clouds bearing down Souths again got off to a good start in the third with two valuable goals before the rain came a tumbling. This forced a retreat to the termite ridden stand where I somehow found myself sitting directly behind Steve Silvagni. **** knows what he was doing there
There is a practice match for the under 18s next week. They are playing an invitational WAFL side that was selected by local AFL scouts and Carlton asked for two East Perth players to be invited so he would have been there to see them play.

Not worried about the Riolis fitness. Missed most of the first quarter with a cut to his eye but he was running from end to end in the last quarter without any problem.

Lamb seems to have had a better attitude since he was dropped to the reserves for an hour. Maybe feeling guilty about Brophy?

when was he dropped to the reserves?
Not worried about the Riolis fitness. Missed most of the first quarter with a cut to his eye but he was running from end to end in the last quarter without any problem.

Lamb seems to have had a better attitude since he was dropped to the reserves for an hour. Maybe feeling guilty about Brophy?

I don't understand how you can still be that overweight after being in an afl environment for the past 6 months+, a little disappointing...needs to put the pies down.
Hard to run with your hammy hanging off ya leg .....

just looking at Lambs stats. After regressing last year, lamb is on target to have a much better year to 2016. 3 goals off his 2016 goal tally, 9 tackles off his 2016 tackle tally and need 45 marks in 11 games to eclipes his 2016 marks tally (on target to beat it comfortably).

just looking at Lambs stats. After regressing last year, lamb is on target to have a much better year to 2016. 3 goals off his 2016 goal tally, 9 tackles off his 2016 tackle tally and need 45 marks in 11 games to eclipes his 2016 marks tally (on target to beat it comfortably).

Ideally, he fails to better any of those stats this season through playing the year out in the seniors.

He's fit and physically able. After today's performance that really should be sufficient to crank a game.

Willie lost 16kgs over the previous off season so I think it's a bit unfair to be questioning his work ethic.
its not the size of the willie but rather how well he performs. By all reports he performed well yesterday.

Some genuine crazy eyes on display when having a wrestle with a much bigger opponent at one stage. I like him and showed he might have a bit of campaigner in him once he believes he belongs. Didn't drop his head
I got a Venables boner.

Ok scores level there is 5 seconds on the clock 2 metres from your goal . Ump blows time on throws the ball up . You only need 1 point so Nic Nat punches it through for that point . Siren then sounds . Does the point stand ?
The law only mentions that a opposition player will be penalised so it looks like if nic nat if he is the attacking ruckman he can knock it thru for a point and not be penalised.I haven't seen it happen yet but when it does you can bet they will change the law again.

when was he dropped to the reserves?
Eagles intervened to stop him being dropped to the ressies several weeks ago.Even at Wafl level a player needs to show something.Bennell got dropped last year but not Lamb.It is a sore point with those who saw his first month and sets a precedent of what may be ahead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back