Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Think he has more pace than people think.

Everything i've seen of him(which is only highlights & 2-3 EP games) reminds me of a mixture of Jack Steven & Lachie Neale.

There's a good chance that holding him back might actually make him hungrier and when he comes in, he performs straight away. Get him on hff/wing and maybe drop hill/Cripps for karpany.

Hoping that we play Parto, Karps & Cole for the rest of the year, as well as giving guys like DV, Willie & Watson games as soon as they get back from injury/start showing some form. I think we should be able to promote Watson at anytime (NN, Allen, 1 less player on main list, extra rookie promotion after round 11).

It's not really surprising that our team looks more aggressive and hungry with the young guys like Duggan, Cole and Karps either thrust into more prominent roles (Duggan) or just given a go (the other two).

It's nice to see, and Parto is the obvious next in.
Definitely. It happened in 2011 with Gaff, Darling and Shuey, and arguably again in 2015 with Gov and Yeo.

The idea of Tunbridge >>> The reality of Tunbridge

On exposed form at least

He's like watching Miranda Kerr masturbating through two inch thick glass but with the curtain closing for five minutes every 30 seconds. You think there's a chance and you get excited about the anticipation of something more but the reality is you aren't going to get it no matter how long you stare

I like Tunners and nothing would please me more than for him to get over his injuries and having a sustained run to prove himself not least because he's the big body we need and has a bit of campaigner about him that we lack. But as soon as he starts to show something he gets injured which does nothing other than to encourage the club there's something there if only the curtain stays open. Reality is they probably need to look for another glass screen to look through
Or suspended!! He just has had no luck - hopefully he can say fit and not get reported so we can all see what he's made of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Answer me this - why is it that the more experienced and older players can't play with the same kind of aggression as the younger ones. Is it just they have slowed down due to age?
Same reason why people get bored of relationships I guess. Just becomes a bit repetitive.

Nah I'm sure that's not the case with a lot of senior players as you'd think they would get more desire to succeed as their mortality becomes more apparent.

Complete guess, but I get the feeling our players have been over-coached or had the game over-intellectualised or something, and the emotion of it all has been suppressed a bit. No idea if true

Same reason why people get bored of relationships I guess. Just becomes a bit repetitive.

Nah I'm sure that's not the case with a lot of senior players as you'd think they would get more desire to succeed as their mortality becomes more apparent.

Complete guess, but I get the feeling our players have been over-coached or had the game over-intellectualised or something, and the emotion of it all has been suppressed a bit. No idea if true
Re your last paragraph, think you may be on the money here! I have thought this at different times during the season. Have a feeling that in the Geelong game many played on instinct that day?

Big blow for EP this week, they'll lose Masten, Butler, Wellingham and Partington from the team that lost to Swans, and won't get any AFL listed players back.

Good opportunity for some of the local lads who've been unlucky at the selection table, like Hodgson.

Lycett, Giles and McInnes as rucks/forwards

Lamb, Mutimer and Snadden in the midfield

Gorter, Watson and Rotham in what looks a pretty shaky defence

That's it as Eagles representatives

Lucky they're playing East Fremantle as they'll still have a chance to win that they wouldn't have against any other side

The weakest side EP will field this season so far

Lycett, Giles and McInnes as rucks/forwards

Lamb, Mutimer and Snadden in the midfield

Gorter, Watson and Rotham in what looks a pretty shaky defence

That's it as Eagles representatives

Lucky they're playing East Fremantle as they'll still have a chance to win that they wouldn't have against any other side

The weakest side EP will field this season so far
Wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks roll the Royals.The only thing that may help the defence is that the Sharks are not overly tall in the forward line from what I can remember.Will have to play very well to win this one.

Wouldn't be surprised if the Sharks roll the Royals.The only thing that may help the defence is that the Sharks are not overly tall in the forward line from what I can remember.Will have to play very well to win this one.
Schofield

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Schofield

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Has been ruled out with a hip injury so won't be playing. Hill was listed as "ill" so there's a possibility he might play if he gets better I guess

B: Hart Gorter Rotham
HB: Blee Samelko Watson
C: Maginness Ameduri Hille
HF: Snadden McInnes Wright
F: Giles Lamb Eaton
R: Lycett Mutimer McGinnity
I: Hodgson Miller Jones Waite North Hick Dobson
spacer.gif

spacer.gif

In: Samelko, Hodgson, Miller, Waite, Hick, North, Dobson
spacer.gif

Out: Partington, Wellingham, Butler, Masten (all WCE)

Just nine guys in the side which must be a season-low. Lycett and Mutimer have been named despite being in the 25 at AFL level.

Good chance for the fringe EP players to stake their claim I guess. Could be a significant number of our players to come back in after the bye including a bunch returning from injury, although Tunners and Waterman may come through the reserves.
Nelson (hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Venables (toe) 1-2 weeks
Tunbridge* (knee) 2 weeks
Rioli (hamstring) 2 weeks
Waterman (foot) 2 weeks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back