Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

E P dont have any exciting talent. Venables and Rioli only genuine interest in my mind there ATM
I doubt Rioli plays for EP again if he manages to keep fit this preseason.

Simmo seems very keen to have him in the side (with good reason).

Just on a side note - DV doesn't turn 19 until November. Effectively will be only about 2 months older than this years draftees. Rather bullish he has a lot more development to come. (SPP turns 20 in January)

I doubt Rioli plays for EP again if he manages to keep fit this preseason.

Simmo seems very keen to have him in the side (with good reason).

Just on a side note - DV doesn't turn 19 until November. Effectively will be only about 2 months older than this years draftees. Rather bullish he has a lot more development to come. (SPP turns 20 in January)
I agree on both players I do laugh tho when ppl on here excuse a players form/lack of development on their late birthdays...5 years after they were drafted

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Allen was injured for a large part of the season but was coming good with a couple of really good games.If he gets on the park he will make a difference at East Perth and maybe at the Eagles.
I agree Chaddy ..... he was starting to look decidedly mobile too!!

I agree on both players I do laugh tho when ppl on here excuse a players form/lack of development on their late birthdays...5 years after they were drafted

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
It can certainly explain the first 2-3 years, especially when comparing a January draftee to November/December- they do tend to be that little bit behind physically.

You'd hope that by 5 years that will have evened out, though. ;)

how did Adamson do this season?

He was reasonable without being spectacular. Adamson was in the top 10 of the best and fairest for Subiaco for most of the night and ended up finishing 11th after dropping out of the top 10 in the last few rounds. His finish was reflective of the season he had, fairly solid and did his job most weeks although he did have a few games during the season where he was in the best players and others where he wasn't as effective.

Overall he was a good contributor across half back and the midfield when required. The club made the right call in delisting him as he wasn't going to make it, he's a solid WAFL player and that's about far as he was going to go. The whispers going around are that he is playing WAFL for a few years and will be going back to baseball again once he's had enough. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.

He was reasonable without being spectacular. Adamson was in the top 10 of the best and fairest for Subiaco for most of the night and ended up finishing 11th after dropping out of the top 10 in the last few rounds. His finish was reflective of the season he had, fairly solid and did his job most weeks although he did have a few games during the season where he was in the best players and others where he wasn't as effective.

Overall he was a good contributor across half back and the midfield when required. The club made the right call in delisting him as he wasn't going to make it, he's a solid WAFL player and that's about far as he was going to go. The whispers going around are that he is playing WAFL for a few years and will be going back to baseball again once he's had enough. Not sure how much truth there is to that though.
Scorchers?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We probably need a 2018 thread...

I wonder how many times we played more than 12 the last few years.

If most weeks we play 22 + an emergency, then this would mean:

12 WAFL
10 reserves or injured.

It would be rare that we would have less than 5 players injured.

West Coast night negotiate for an average of 12 over a rolling period or something.

We are locked into it for 2018 and 2019, and unless EP declare they want out of the deal in 2020 by the end of this month, we will be locked in for 2020 as well

Remove this Banner Ad

Back