Competitions WAFL 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a lot to excite on display today from East Perth apart from Lamb.

Whist McKenzie was s**t today Barrass was only serviceable but not his best game, still you would think it was enough to displace McKenzie for the game against St Kilda.

I have to say that none of Sheed, Duggan and Partington showed anywhere near what I was hoping for.

Cant believe how much Duggan has regressed as a player, very disappointing.

471 disposals is ridiculous. As thorney said we need to adjust our game plan at this level - way too many handballs that inevitably come unstuck

Short passing in D50 needs to be reduced especially when they cut inboard with it

A lack of tall targets isn't helping in that regard

i want sheed back in, bit rusty but did a few nice things. IMO he is a big upgrade on hutchings. Barrass for emac and maybe schofield for nelson ( depending on how roo pulls up)

471 disposals is ridiculous. As thorney said we need to adjust our game plan at this level - way too many handballs that inevitably come unstuck

Short passing in D50 needs to be reduced especially when they cut inboard with it

A lack of tall targets isn't helping in that regard
Agreed. I actually thought Wilson helped a bit in that regard today but a big ask for a kid to be the focal point.

Agreed. I actually thought Wilson helped a bit in that regard today but a big ask for a kid to be the focal point.

East Perth will be lucky to win a game for a while.With all the injuries to the eagles ruckmen and forwards
they will be struggling.Look who is out. Allen (3-4 weeks), Riolli (5-6 weeks),waterman (8-10 weeks),Lycett (8-10 weeks),Tunbridge (mid season, and finally petrie (7 weeks).East perth had a couple of good talls but unfortunately Samalko (forward/ruckman) is injured and Scott jones (ruckman) got suspended for two weeks.Mcinnes should never be your number one ruck.If the eagles had no injuries I doubt that mcinees would be playing league as he is a rookie and you can only play so many talls otherwise you become too top heavy.I expect east perth to improve by the end of year not because they are slow starters but because they should have a better mix of players to pick from.Most probably a mix of west coast and east perth players are getting games in the league when they should be playing ressies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how Parto might go with a better midfield around him. His size might not be a huge factor, but im not too impressed with his outside work as much.

Cant believe how much Duggan has regressed as a player, very disappointing.
Could not agree more.

116 possessions between Partington, Mutimer, Karpany and Snadden and none of them created anything. Just fluff.

Venables on the other hand, would not be at all surprised if he plays for West Coast by mid season.

Just did it again.

Webster no upgrade on Graham it seems, though the instructions would be coming from Simpson presumably. It's madness.
Mickey Mouse would be an upgrade on Graham the worst coach in football.Just a matter of time until he ruins the Eagles forwardline.

Could not agree more.

116 possessions between Partington, Mutimer, Karpany and Snadden and none of them created anything. Just fluff.

Venables on the other hand, would not be at all surprised if he plays for West Coast by mid season.

Very very hard on Snadden, Barney I thought that was one of his better games if not his best.
He was in East Perth's best 3 on the ground he was creative
What stood out for me was when everyone else was giving out dinky little crap handballs and turning
it over by hand.
He actually stood up, was clean and his handballs hit targets going forward none of that rubbish s**t.
Was surprised he spent so much time of ground in the third quarter though.

Partington I'am afraid he will be a bust, his hand balling is rubbish hopefully he will improve.
Lamb was good first time I think i said that in a long while especially like his jumping at the footy.
If he keeps that form up will pressure Darling for a spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back