ROUND 1
Saturday, 10 March
11:30am - Subiaco v West Perth at Leederville Oval
2:00pm - East Fremantle v East Perth at East Fremantle Oval
3:45pm - Claremont v Peel Thunder at Claremont Oval
4:15pm - South Fremantle v Swan Districts at Fremantle Community Bank Oval

ROUND 2
Saturday, 17 March
11:30am - East Perth v South Fremantle (venue TBC)
2:15pm - Peel Thunder v Subiaco at Bendigo Bank Stadium
3:45pm - Claremont v Perth at Claremont Oval
3:45pm - West Perth v East Fremantle at HBF Arena

ROUND 3
Friday, 23 March
7:00pm - Subiaco v East Fremantle at Leederville Oval

Saturday, 24 March
1:30pm - Peel Thunder v East Perth at Bendigo Bank Stadium
1:45pm - Swan Districts v Claremont at Steel Blue Oval
2:15pm - Perth v South Fremantle at Lathlain Park

And the main fixture:

Capture9.JPG

This leaves our lead up to the season as below. Provides a good opportunity to get the right amount of game time into best 22 and young/depth players.

24-25 Feb
  • JLT v Port
  • no WAFL

3/4 March
  • practice game v Freo
  • no WAFL

10/11 March
  • JLT v Freo
  • WAFL preseason v East Freo

17/18 March
  • no JLT
  • WAFL preseason v South Freo

24/25 March
  • round 1 v Sydney
  • WAFL preseason v Peel

They being the AFL?

Think the AFL are helping with WAFL money , but each club spending $400k a season on their Colts team in the way of coaches etc , sounds like it will be a focus of the WAFL going forward alongside the league competition .

An improved and strong Colts competition is finacially good for the WAFL clubs when their juniors are drafted but good for the future of the AFL standards also .

Think the AFL are helping with WAFL money , but each club spending $400k a season on their Colts team in the way of coaches etc , sounds like it will be a focus of the WAFL going forward alongside the league competition .

An improved and strong Colts competition is finacially good for the WAFL clubs when their juniors are drafted but good for the future of the AFL standards also .
The colts have little to do with each WAFL club anymore other than name and colours. It's run by the WAFC. All funding comes from the WAFC, all drafting fees go back to the WAFC.

WAFL clubs are worse off with the changes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of our guys were down at Margaret River in an intraclub game, I see. Nelson and Olango, I recognize from one of the pics on EP's Twitter feed.

Some of our guys were down at Margaret River in an intraclub game, I see. Nelson and Olango, I recognize from one of the pics on EP's Twitter feed.

43058141-8C59-4953-85AF-0B891A007988.gif
Olango was at the captains run today, as per the clubs Snapchat. And it didn’t look like Nelson to me, just a blonde guy.

You could be right as you can't see the face, but he is pale as buggery, so I thought it has to be Nelson, and there is some tall lanky looking dude there too - an Olango doppelganger but is too far away to see properly.

Attachments

• IMG_20180225_071549.png
    IMG_20180225_071549.png
    447.2 KB · Views: 79
The colts have little to do with each WAFL club anymore other than name and colours. It's run by the WAFC. All funding comes from the WAFC, all drafting fees go back to the WAFC.

WAFL clubs are worse off with the changes.

Not sure how it works with WAFL colts but wouldn’t you have to transfer if you wanted to play for another WAFL league side. So a strong Colts comp could only be good for the League.

Also I thought a fair amount of kids drafted play at least a few league games before being drafted? Wouldn’t the drafting fees then go into the League side as well??

Not sure how it works with WAFL colts but wouldn’t you have to transfer if you wanted to play for another WAFL league side. So a strong Colts comp could only be good for the League.

Also I thought a fair amount of kids drafted play at least a few league games before being drafted? Wouldn’t the drafting fees then go into the League side as well??

The colts comp was strong already, the changes won't mean anymore players will be drafted from WA it just means more jobs for the boys at the WAFC so they can waste more money.
Just add it to the list of constant * ups by the WAFC in the last 20 years.

The colts comp was strong already, the changes won't mean anymore players will be drafted from WA it just means more jobs for the boys at the WAFC so they can waste more money.
Just add it to the list of constant **** ups by the WAFC in the last 20 years.

That's a load of s**t.
The colts comp wasn't strong, and needed a lot of change taking it away from the clubs is the best thing we can do.
The mismanagement of colts teams by wafl clubs and the appropriation of funds for meant for colts team but
going to wafl senior sides wont happen now its been separated.
If you watch as much colts footy as i do you would understand how they operate, and some clubs just dont invest in there
colts or get involved in the local catchment areas enough.
These clubs are well known and could being do more at that level. west perth cough subi cough cough

That's a load of s**t.
The colts comp wasn't strong, and needed a lot of change taking it away from the clubs is the best thing we can do.
The mismanagement of colts teams by wafl clubs and the appropriation of funds for meant for colts team but
If you watch as much colts footy as i do you would understand how they operate, and some clubs just dont invest in there
These clubs are well known and could being do more at that level. west perth cough subi cough cough

It won't be any stronger under the new system, just more money thrown at it.
Why would any WAFL clubs invest in catchment areas anymore knowing they get nothing for developing them.
East Perth probably the worst and I know because I Coached a senior amateur club in their zone and they could not care less about their zone or the players in it. Probably all WAFL clubs the same.
The WAFC generally doesn't help footy, never has. But if you think they will then thats good for you.

That's a load of s**t.

What? No more hiring their star recruit as a token talent development manager using the development dividend to get around the salary cap?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back