2nds Eagles in the WAFL 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm thinking he is gonna be completely overawed. You can't just put a kid in the side on the back of one good game. You need to assess a larger sample size, three games minimum. Would rather give ah Chee a go as he is a senior body and would be a better replacement for hutchings.
Petrucelle wasnt overawed at all in AFLX. Actually relished the opportunity, showed a lot of poise and polish, which is the only AFL game he has played . He showed more speed poise polish than Venables did that day. Not saying he is a better player overall but he certainly excited us that AflX day.

They also target unliked reserves players at other clubs when they see untapped potential.

Most professional team outside the AFL. Schofield works his players hard but they buy in because they know it brings success. No other WAFL club would do 3 quarters of the training and rehab that Subiaco does. At the club the night before the game finishing off preparations, at the club 6am the day after the game getting ready for the next game.

You see the benefits of this program in the last 15-20 minutes of every game. They just out run everyone, fitter and stronger.

Problem with it is it burns out the players mind and body. Some handle it but most are short term. Schofield knows AFL players are too soft for his system so he has hung around longer than most thought. Gut feeling he's off to Adelaide next year though so his son can start working with Port.

They pick the eyes out of other Clubs returning AFL players who get enticed by more :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:.
What $ubiaco do is against the spirit of the competition and they get away with it because the WAFC is either so inept or they turn a blind eye to it :speaknoevil::seenoevil::hearnoevil:.

Every one of their recent Premierships has a massive * against it as far as I am concerned because they are bought Premierships not earned on a level playing field.

Barney44 your Club is a :pileofpoop:s**t stain:pileofpoop: on the WAFL because it has no ethics and uses its Subiaco Oval cash gravy train money :moneybag::moneybag:to buy Premierships.
The cash they got from the bar takings at the AFL games has been a massive competitive advantage over the rest of the competition.

Everyone knows it.
Lets see how you go now the cash cow has disappeared.

you crawl,you walk then you run.
I thought he'd ticked a few boxes during the AFLX before hurting his thumb.

Obviously AFLX is to be taken with a grain of salt, but he was still Mr Sex during the pre season. He doesn't need to be the most polished AFL player, he just needs to play his role, we can carry his flaws.

They pick the eyes out of other Clubs returning AFL players who get enticed by more :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:.
What $ubiaco do is against the spirit of the competition and they get away with it because the WAFC is either so inept or they turn a blind eye to it :speaknoevil::seenoevil::hearnoevil:.

Every one of their recent Premierships has a massive * against it as far as I am concerned because they are bought Premierships not earned on a level playing field.

Barney44 your Club is a :pileofpoop:s**t stain:pileofpoop: on the WAFL because it has no ethics and uses its Subiaco Oval cash gravy train money :moneybag::moneybag:to buy Premierships.
The cash they got from the bar takings at the AFL games has been a massive competitive advantage over the rest of the competition.

Everyone knows it.
Yes but how quick is Tom Cole?

Listening to Simmo speak in the presser of the lack of speed with DV & Ryan going out suggests this was a very good week for Petrucelle to kick 4 goals. His pace could be useful next week. For those that watched the game, how was he like defensively?

Got no issue with him coming in- if only to show him what the next level looks like & what he needs to work on. I don’t see what we have to lose?
Once again, with the Dockers bunch of debutants, Pet will feel comfortable he can match it against them or like they did.

Everyone knows it.
OK I'll give you an example then. A player developed by your club, spent a few years in the AFL, returned to WAFL and knocked on Subiacos door requesting a transfer because your coach and football manager kept calling him the wrong name. Flat out didn't know his name even though he was high profile and he'd been at the club for weeks doing pre season.

Every club recruits, every club targets returning AFL players, every club uses their advantages...cough, cough...plush jobs in the Western suburbs...cough, cough...

Some clubs do what us needed to recruit, others go further and try to remember a players first name

I'm thinking he is gonna be completely overawed. You can't just put a kid in the side on the back of one good game. You need to assess a larger sample size, three games minimum. Would rather give ah Chee a go as he is a senior body and would be a better replacement for hutchings.

Posted this before but Petro IMO will play better at the top level. Start him off as a defensive forward and keep it simple. Play him as the slingshot target, kick the ball into space behind the defence and use his pace.

Petro will kill it if we play to our game plan and he understands it. Has a real nose for a goal.

Cant wait until our forward six is:

Rioli Kennedy Ryan
Petro Darling Le cras

Cripps can play wing and Venables a mid.

OK I'll give you an example then. A player developed by your club, spent a few years in the AFL, returned to WAFL and knocked on Subiacos door requesting a transfer because your coach and football manager kept calling him the wrong name. Flat out didn't know his name even though he was high profile and he'd been at the club for weeks doing pre season.

Every club recruits, every club targets returning AFL players, every club uses their advantages...cough, cough...plush jobs in the Western suburbs...cough, cough...

Some clubs do what us needed to recruit, others go further and try to remember a players first name

download-17.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petrucelle wasnt overawed at all in AFLX. Actually relished the opportunity, showed a lot of poise and polish, which is the only AFL game he has played . He showed more speed poise polish than Venables did that day. Not saying he is a better player overall but he certainly excited us that AflX day.
There is no doubt that he is an exciting young player. However, aflx is entirely different when compared to a derby. Anyway we will see how it will all pan out . I'm sure the mc will know far more then I do.

But I will compare O Allen to L Fogarty. That is who I wanted and he is having a great start.
That's fair

Do bear in mind though that Oscar had a very much delayed to start to his preseason so we need to give him a few weeks to even start drawing preliminary conclusions

Signs are very encouraging that our recruiters made some good decisions at the end of last year so more than prepared to give O Allen a little time

a baby develops from crawling to running but isn't expected to do it right away.i do have a problem with supporters wanting draftees to come from a kids comp then skip playing wafl reserves then want them to dominate wafl league and then be in the eagles league side in a nanno second.Petrol had a good game yesterday against a weak side.He played against a near afl side two weeks ago and was just serviceable.The derby is going to be a big step up in tempo and huge hostile crowd.i would prefer a underdone ahchee especially if he is going to play as a half forward.

I saw him running against subi he was chasing subi players all day like the rest of them.more to footy then speed otherwise we would have got billy hartung.

Totally fair but I think some people are saying from a team balance perspective, we're missing the pace we had from venables / Ryan / sort of Jetta.

If not petrol, who would you bring in next week to remedy that? Genuinely asking.

Everyone knows it.
salary cap and points says crap - players want to be with strong professional clubs for a range of reasons

OK another example. One of your players was in an ad for a WAFL sponsor set up by a person that is influential at your club and said sponsor.

How much was he paid for 2 hours work to feature in that ad? How much of that payment was included in your clubs sponsorship/promotion component of the salary cap or was it argued as being WAFL sponsorship and not club sponsorship?

But I will compare O Allen to L Fogarty. That is who I wanted and he is having a great start.
I feel like comparing anyone from Geelongs midfield is difficult though. Fogarty and Kelly are solid players but I’m not sure they would have the same impact on our list. We’d honestly be lucky if they were getting a game this early. Someone like Constable would’ve been more our go but the knocks on his pace were concerning. Need an upgrade on Reddens position, someone a little stronger and better ball winning ability. Was hoping he would become a quicker version of Priddis. Think we’re all hoping Ah Chee or Sheed can be that guy now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back