2nds WAFL / Beagles Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apologies if this has been covered off already, but how will it work if the Eagles and Dockers eventually take their reserve sides to the VFL as speculated?

Do we play all games in Melbourne or will we get home games every 2nd week as per the AFL set up?

Can't imagine it being an easy and cost effective operation?

I’m sorry greatwhiteshark the WAFL is an absolute joke these days a bunch of rusted on old kernts holding on to the past. The WAFC licensing fees for both eagles and dockers are circa 10 mil most years and gets gobbled in the board.

Colts and country football get shafted big time WA has the talent there pathways needs to be better. Unless you live in the western suburbs corridor or are in with the psa you can kiss goodbye a decent shot of afl.

The whole system needs to be ripped up and started again Western Australia seriously lacking in top tier football players and a strong reserves comp

I’m sorry greatwhiteshark the WAFL is an absolute joke these days a bunch of rusted on old kernts holding on to the past. The WAFC licensing fees for both eagles and dockers are circa 10 mil most years and gets gobbled in the board.

Colts and country football get shafted big time WA has the talent there pathways needs to be better. Unless you live in the western suburbs corridor or are in with the psa you can kiss goodbye a decent shot of afl.

The whole system needs to be ripped up and started again Western Australia seriously lacking in top tier football players and a strong reserves comp

There is nothing wrong with the WAFL, the money is going to the wrong places. Give it to the WAFL clubs and get them to be the pathway as they always were.
Good footballers always still make it so your comment re schools and where you live is rubbish.
Like I said before if you want to see money die then give it to the WAFC.

There is nothing wrong with the WAFL, the money is going to the wrong places. Give it to the WAFL clubs and get them to be the pathway as they always were.
Good footballers always still make it so your comment re schools and where you live is rubbish.
My local zone is Claremont from a strong football community they do sweet * all for the GSFL and it’s one of the strongest zones

Agreed but the money is poorly distributed and wasted

My local zone is Claremont from a strong football community they do sweet * all for the GSFL and it’s one of the strongest zones

They once did mate but they don’t have the money anymore to do it all.
The AFL clubs have all gre money in footy yet do pretty much nothing to grow grass roots footy. They still think the other tiers should do it but they don’t want to give them the money to do it.

Apologies if this has been covered off already, but how will it work if the Eagles and Dockers eventually take their reserve sides to the VFL as speculated?

Do we play all games in Melbourne or will we get home games every 2nd week as per the AFL set up?

Can't imagine it being an easy and cost effective operation?
I would assume your seconds team plays the same opponent as the AFL team. When you travel, they come with you etc.

The AFL clubs have all gre money in footy yet do pretty much nothing to grow grass roots footy. They still think the other tiers should do it but they don’t want to give them the money to do it.

That's not true. Rick the Rock and 2 nobodies in blue T-shirts came to my kids school for a fathers day show one year.

If the AFL academies worked better, as in the Eagles & Dockers being able to bid on academy players right through the draft, I wonder if the AFL teams might supply more money to their allocated zones, which include the WAFL zones? In your opinion do you think they would be of the mind to work with the WAFL clubs whose zones intersect their own?

If the AFL academies worked better, as in the Eagles & Dockers being able to bid on academy players right through the draft, I wonder if the AFL teams might supply more money to their allocated zones, which include the WAFL zones? In your opinion do you think they would be of the mind to work with the WAFL clubs whose zones intersect their own?

Yes of course they would, but it doesn’t work like that .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d argue that Claremont do more in the GSFL now than they did in pre 2010s. Only time you saw anything from Claremont was at Country Week.
They now help fund the Great Southern Storm which is a development side down here that helps kids be more prepared for Perth but how much funding they put into that and exactly how good the program is I don’t actually know. I should ask a few mates that have kids in the program.

Panizza who’s based in Albany has always picked the eyes out of the comp since he came home in 1999 and facilitates them getting to Perth that’s part of why it’s considered a strong zone. Not so much that the talent is better than other zones but the talent actually gets to Perth.

They've been progressively updating this page over the last few weeks - up until now has mainly been players departing, but now a new name - James Spadanuda from East Freo.

19 years old, 176cm, 75kg midfielder. Posted some pretty good numbers in the WAFL Colts this year - averaged 34 disposals across his first four games before his form petered off a bit.

Departures to date (on our WAFL list in 2023 but no longer on the WAFL website's WCE players list):
  • Jed Kemp (to Perth)
  • Joshua Browne (to East Freo)
  • Alec Waterman (to Claremont)
  • Jack Stevens*
  • Tyler Collins*
  • Riley Pobjoy*
  • Joshua Edwards (to Peel Thunder)
  • Daniel Frost*
  • Kalani Brooks*
  • Dylan Chatley*
  • Angus Cutbill*
  • Tyler Mouritz (back to West Perth? Believe we had him on loan this year - his profile says he's at WP)
  • Josh Underwood*
  • Jalen McGee*
*Not listed under WAFL website's WCE players list, but WAFL website profile still says their club is West Coast. Might mean delisting?

The Beagles have signed Trey Ruscoe for 2024. Good get imo

Former Collingwood defender Trey Ruscoe has signed on to play for West Coast’s WAFL side next season.

The West Australian can reveal Ruscoe, 22, has decided to play for the Eagles after also being hotly pursued by South Fremantle.

A product of East Fremantle and Aquinas College, Ruscoe played 18 games for Collingwood in four seasons - including one this year - after being drafted with pick No.55 in the 2019 draft.

The defender is a strong addition to the wooden spooners, who managed only a draw with Perth in 2023 after they struggled for top-quality personnel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back