2nds WAFL / Beagles Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

“Mass exodus”? Do you know how many of our 2023 WAFL list that actually affected? I’m pretty sure it was only Waterman.
Not mass, but hammer bray, lost his role with the womens side. I guess thats not rhe wafl, but it seems like they dont want anyone associated with any wafl side.

Any update on what Jacko Nelson is doing this year? Obviously much maligned through his AFL career, but with Ruscoe, Gilbee and Nelson all as permanent Beagles players + better player availability this season (fingers crossed), surely we compete alot better than we have in the past.

Any update on what Jacko Nelson is doing this year? Obviously much maligned through his AFL career, but with Ruscoe, Gilbee and Nelson all as permanent Beagles players + better player availability this season (fingers crossed), surely we compete alot better than we have in the past.

Competitiveness is related to how bad the injury list is.

If we can keep healthy and have players available, the more competitive the Beagles get

New player appearing on West Coast’s list on the WAFL site: Kye Barker, 192cm 24yo (by the start of the season), played 13 senior games for Souths over 2020/21, spent last year with Collie.
Kye is a fantastic young fella, stoked to have him on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest addition to the WAFL squad according to the league website is 22 year old Harley Sparks, who won this year’s Hayward Medal (the b&f in the SWFL) with a record total while playing for Carey Park. Previously he played 22 senior games for East Perth. Sounds like an excellent pickup.

The latest addition to the WAFL squad according to the league website is 22 year old Harley Sparks, who won this year’s Hayward Medal (the b&f in the SWFL) with a record total while playing for Carey Park. Previously he played 22 senior games for East Perth. Sounds like an excellent pickup.
It definitely feels like the selections so far have been much better than what we have had to go with for the last few years.
Obviously having a healthy list will be key but if we can bring on more players of at least WAFL quality and not completely ammos that would be a huge help.

Having read a bit about the circumstances in which he ended up at Carey Park (transferred to Perth at the start of last season then walked out on them) I’m a bit less enthused. Oh well, at least he can play.
I'd say that suggests sound decision making.

Having read a bit about the circumstances in which he ended up at Carey Park (transferred to Perth at the start of last season then walked out on them) I’m a bit less enthused. Oh well, at least he can play.

Couldn’t see anything. Did see he was coached by Cousins at Demons before moving to the SW league. Possible connection there?

I expect with the increase in the salary cap the Beagles should be able to keep him.
Needs to improve his attitude but will be a handy player and a lot better than the ammos.
The recruiting of players looks a lot better and maybe the extra money has helped.

National reserves comp just took another step forward.

Only a matter of time for us and Adelaide to join given all 3 have had issues with the local comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back