2nds WAFL / Beagles Watch 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The latest addition to the WAFL squad according to the league website is 22 year old Harley Sparks, who won this year’s Hayward Medal (the b&f in the SWFL) with a record total while playing for Carey Park. Previously he played 22 senior games for East Perth. Sounds like an excellent pickup.
Could be the firestarter for the Beagles

I believe he’s the son of Russell, which would make him the nephew of Kevan.
Russell was a very good player. Ruck rover / forward, very solid build and hard at it. Could burst through packs and kick goals. Kevin was slight and played mainly back. Left EP for Scabbiaco and went on to coach them to one or two premierships.

Latest addition to the list is Revis Alone, 20yo from Kelmscott. Couldn’t find out much about him except he played juniors at Kwinana.

Also, Tyler Mouritz is showing up on the list, I think previously he was listed as having gone back to West Perth. He was very handy as a key defender last season so it’s good news that he’ll apparently be staying with us.

Latest addition to the list is Revis Alone, 20yo from Kelmscott. Couldn’t find out much about him except he played juniors at Kwinana.

Also, Tyler Mouritz is showing up on the list, I think previously he was listed as having gone back to West Perth. He was very handy as a key defender last season so it’s good news that he’ll apparently be staying with us.

Revis played in C5 at ammos level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest addition is Luke Yeo, 19 year old who played for East Freo’s reserves last season. Presumably Elliot’s (much) younger brother or maybe cousin.

I saw his name pop up numerous times among best on in the WAFL, so seems like he has something to offer. Hopefully, there's a fair bit of Elliot in there somewhere.

Would it be possible for us to have all our Father/Mother/Son/Daughters and NGA players all play for our WAFL-aligned team? (Or Beagles in general if we end up in an AFL reserves comp)

I know there's a fair bit of logistics tying certain youth to their WAFL colts programs, but surely the club could get better value from those pathways by having the development controlled and funded from an early age?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back