Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
lol at the whinging about this at the time. And now Subi look like comfortably winning the thing. Again.
Still hate the alignment and the damage it has done to the WAFL but that mob $ubiaco are equally to blame with their chequebook recruiting all off the back of the weak as water biased WAFC gifting them a 7 figure compensation package to leave Subiaco Oval (playing and training only) whilst also allowing them to keep 500 seats to package up and the bar behind for all the AFL games plus all the other events held there (concerts, monster jam etc) since 2002 to make a mint whilst the poor old G6 WAFL clubs are left to go it alone off a shoestring budget.......and some still wonder as to why $ubi are in their 5th successive Grand Final and 12th GF in the last 15 years for 7 flags?!?!? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
Still hate the alignment and the damage it has done to the WAFL but that mob $ubiaco are equally to blame with their chequebook recruiting all off the back of the weak as water biased WAFC gifting them a compensation package to leave Subiaco oval whilst also allowing them to keep 500 seats and the bar their to make a mint whilst the 6 WAFL clubs left to go it alone off a shoestring budget.......and some still wonder as to why $ubi are in their 5th successive Grand Final and 12th Gf in the last 15 years?!?!? :rolleyes:
I'm not the biggest fan of the alignments but equally to blame for compromising the competition??? Subi are single handedly destroying it atm.

You could actually say that Peel having (a whopping) 2 good years through the alignment was a positive as it spared everyone from another couple of inevitably boring Subi flags.

TWLS

Club Legend
Jul 19, 2015
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Interesting stuff on here.
In the Weekend West there was an article about the WAFC dramas concerning the demerge of the Eagles and East Perth, and the Eagles becoming the 10th WAFL Club in 2019, and the Eagles being asked to increase their funding to the WAFC for the WAFL.
Apparently the Dockers are not going to demerge from Peel yet.

Off topic but related to WA footy overall.
The AFL has said in the article all AFL funding for WA Womens footy will go into the two WA AFLW Acadamies, which will result in 2019 no State Womens League will be formed.??????
How that relates to the WAWFL which has 9 clubs most of whom are on very low Budgets anyhow.
What a mess overall due to an incomptonent WAFC, who are happy that the TV WAFL broadcasts attract 30,000 weekly and the average weekly crowds for the 2018 season were 7,000.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Just wondering if there have been any changes made after Subis season?

Undefeated season shows they are certainly playing at an advantage over the rest of the league, is the WAFC going to stand up and step in?

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Just wondering if there have been any changes made after Subis season?

Undefeated season shows they are certainly playing at an advantage over the rest of the league, is the WAFC going to stand up and step in?
Not while there are $ubi people at the WAFC unfortunately! :mad:

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
Because Norwood were one of the clubs who voted them in despite the majority of our members not wanting it. Several of us took to the floor at the AGM outlining our disgust at the proposal to allow them entry. The board at the time said they would listen to their members and vote accordingly. Members were 70/30 against it and yet at the last minute our board backflipped and voted them in. They now wonder why sponsorship, membership and attendances are at an all time low. People have left the SANFL in droves because of it. My group has dwindled from 20-30 that never missed a game to myself and 2 others that go most weeks and a couple others who go to a few home games each year.
So that's it went down at Norwood, thanks for thanks for info. Because I remember watching this on channel 10. My actual thought from what I was told was Some of Norwoods sponsors would of backed out had Norwood said No (to the AFL reserves in the SANFL)

I am a south Adelaide Supporter, which was one of the 2 teams that opposed the AFL reserves along with Central districts.

By the way, As a neutral, Norwood Oval is one of my favourite grounds I enjoy heading to along with Glenelg oval

Feb 1, 2008
Thailand
AFL Club
North Melbourne
peeel under investigation for salary cap breach. Again and again.

Peel pay high price for cap breach
ROSS LEWISThe West Australian
Wednesday, 16 March 2011 6:24PM

Peel has been fined $10,000 by the WAFL after it was found guilty of a salary cap breach for the second time in less than a decade.
The Thunder were found to have broken the rules governing player payments regarding monies paid to former midfielder Rory O'Brien.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
peeel under investigation for salary cap breach. Again and again.

Peel pay high price for cap breach
ROSS LEWISThe West Australian
Wednesday, 16 March 2011 6:24PM

Peel has been fined $10,000 by the WAFL after it was found guilty of a salary cap breach for the second time in less than a decade.
The Thunder were found to have broken the rules governing player payments regarding monies paid to former midfielder Rory O'Brien.
a slap on the wrist punishment

Spearhead

All Australian
Aug 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts
Third strike and out it should be!

How does a team that is filled with a dozen to 15 Freo blokes each week still cheat the salary cap?

Freo foot the bill for most of their team each and every single game!

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Third strike and out it should be!

How does a team that is filled with a dozen to 15 Freo blokes each week still cheat the salary cap?

Freo foot the bill for most of their team each and every single game!
They don't have any Freo players this year, would assume they ave breached the cap trying to replace them

peeel fined $50,000 for salary cap rort
Link to article

Back