Review WAFL Colts Grand Final, Claremont v Swan Districts, Streaming on 7+ 2.10 PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be a spud. All clubs (except Freo) should stop following his progress immediately.

That's okay.

We'll contend with Condon, Brown, Busslinger, Bevan, Broadbent, Evitt, Hagan, Tholstrup and Julian.

Why doesn’t he get much of a mention in draft discussions?
Probably just a matter of lack of vision for people not in WA. Outside of The West (which is behind a paywall) he's only really had the 2 games vs SA and the one today for people around the country to watch

For me, he's top 30 and I reckon if he has a performance like today in the next game vs SA then that'll shoot him up for most people

Probably just a matter of lack of vision for people not in WA. Outside of The West (which is behind a paywall) he's only really had the 2 games vs SA and the one today for people around the country to watch

For me, he's top 30 and I reckon if he has a performance like today in the next game vs SA then that'll shoot him up for most people

Nah, Lack of upside. Quite short and stumpy I'm surprised he's 179cm, looks more 175. Not super quick and probably gets over taken by a few as an inside mid which seems his main position and hard to see him playing elsewhere at AFL as much as he kicks goals in u19 level

I do ask myself at 179cm how far behind Ward and Sonsie who are 181cm, in fact right now he's probably ahead of both

He's been in front of the scouts for 2 years unlike many

I'd say he still gets picked up later but it's like many kids who rack up 30 posses a game doesn't mean your getting drafted. Trudgeon this year, VanIrsen for WA last year. Chipper this year, Aaron Elari, Aaron Black, Shane Nelson, Andrew Hopper who won the national champs medal went pick 35 Rookie draft in every year gone past ect ect

Think he should be that pick 45- Rookie range

In and under short mids aren’t in vogue in the AFL right now.

Would you rather Lachie Neale or Christian Petracca? How about Sam Mitchell or Marcus Bontempeli?

There’s probably one spot in most teams best 22 for such a player. Otherwise you end up like Brisbane, being exposed on defence and when the opposition spread and run, because your main ball winners are slow to transition to defence and can’t run with the oppositions midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would be interested to hear people’s thoughts on Elijah Hewetts year?
Looking at the size of him at 186 cm on the wafl page and at 82 kg. He’s got a similar playing style to dusty with pure strength and the stiff arm whilst ability to go forward. I think he needs to work on defensive side of game but besides that is probably the best underager in wa heading into draft year. Will be interesting to watch wa vs sa next week

Looking at the size of him at 186 cm on the wafl page and at 82 kg. He’s got a similar playing style to dusty with pure strength and the stiff arm whilst ability to go forward. I think he needs to work on defensive side of game but besides that is probably the best underager in wa heading into draft year. Will be interesting to watch wa vs sa next week

Was listed as 183 cm on state papers. And is more like 88kg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back