WAFL Grounds

Remove this Banner Ad

TBH I don't see much difference. It always was a dump of a place to watch footy.

Looking forward to the new look Claremont oval.

TBH I don't see much difference. It always was a dump of a place to watch footy.

Looking forward to the new look Claremont oval.
Yep you're right Falcon........ especially with the new expanded premiership cups cabinet they're gonna need! ;)

Yep you're right Falcon........ especially with the new expanded premiership cups cabinet they're gonna need! ;)
:rolleyes::drunk:. You always have been on the wrong side of delusional Bulldocker.

Hadn't you better go to bed. I know how hard you have to work tomorrow.;)

I quite enjoyed the dump like quality of Claremont Oval in it's previous life. The Showgrounds wasn't quite the same.
It was horrible when there was a couple of thousand there. Could you imagine what it was like pre AFL when they'd squeeze 15000 plus into it.

Heard that they're calling next season the last one at Laithlain.

The redevelopments mean Perth will have to find a new ground for the next few seasons. The WAFC are giving it a bow out with the WA v SA state game too. After that, it'll be a brand new oval – I'm assuming it'll be barely recognisable once the Eagles move in.

Heard that they're calling next season the last one at Laithlain.

The redevelopments mean Perth will have to find a new ground for the next few seasons. The WAFC are giving it a bow out with the WA v SA state game too. After that, it'll be a brand new oval – I'm assuming it'll be barely recognisable once the Eagles move in.

I didn't realise WCE were moving in. Will Perth and East Perth (WCE connection) play there in the long term?

I didn't realise WCE were moving in. Will Perth and East Perth (WCE connection) play there in the long term?
AFAIK East Perth will be staying at Leederville, but WCE may align themselves with Perth in the future.

Have to admit it's the first i've heard about Perth having to move from Lathlain.

Always thought there should be a secondary oval next to the new stadium that would be home to Perth and the Warriors in the summer, something like Blacktown in Sydney. There will be a 2nd oval next door, but I don't think it'll have any spectator facilties.

Yeah it's due to happen (if it happens) when the other stadium is built as that second oval or Lathlain would be the same dimensions as the new ground.

I heard West Coast and East Perth are in for the long haul so i am not sure what that means for Perth and where they will play in the future.

Maybe the WACA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that happen.
There was also something about TV rights and they would play the 'game of the round' at the WACA so whichever TV station covered it would not have to pack up all their equipment each week like they do now.

WACA and the WAFC at the WACA Ground wouldn't be a bad outcome at all. I don't think any HQ needs to really be at Burswood, that thing'll get patronised and be known well enough to not require it.

Also, what I heard was that Perth will probably return once the the Eagles finish their redevelopment.

I think the government are looking at moving WAFC headquarters there and improving the ground so WAFL games can be played there.

haven't heard that one, WACA should be lengthened and WAFL friday night games should be played there, either that or Leederville ( probably no lights though )

because that area (WACA) also has the trots on the area could be livened up a bit

Anyone interested in what West Perth are up to with their stadium the Arena ....

file:///C:/Users/Della/Downloads/vision-booklet-2010-2015.pdf
Link doesn't work.

I notice that in the 2021 State Election both major parties have pledged $20m to redevelop East Fremantle Oval:

Does anyone have any details on this redevelopment? Does it benefit the Sharks?

Does it kill off the Sharks and Bulldogs playing out of an upgraded Fremantle Oval?

Dunno but I would assume the answer to both questions is yes. However, if parking is not included in the upgrade then someone has massively ****ed up. It is an absolute campaigner of a place to try and find any parking close to the ground if you get there after 3/4 time of the ressies and it is horrible for public transport. I'd hate to be a Sharks fan having to go there every home game.

I don't think a re-orientation of the ground is a good idea. No-one wants afternoon sun in their eyes. Apart from that it looks fine.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back