WAFL Performances

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hinkley a bit quiet for the last 3 quarters but came alive in the last kicking those 2 important goals

Smith did another very good job on chambers but i'd like to see him play off half back i reckon he would do very well

Campbell 7 goals what can you say

Those grapes tasting a little sour IP?

Sour grapes?? Hardly. :rolleyes:

I'd say the same if it was Souths playing in next week's game.

Whoever made it through was always just going to be the runners-up.

Did you miss the bit where I said I'm on the Black Ducks??? Swans all the way for me next week. :thumbsu:

Thats why i hope we dont get natinui
Has great athleticism but lacks basic football skills/knowledge

Always finds himself in the wrong positions no idea where he needs to get to around the ground to be dangerous.
Lacks foot skills.

Sandilands was the same at 20/21 and he'll probably be All Australian this year.

Naitanui did play a major role in turning the game. Whether he can manage to injure the oppositions playmaker on a regular basis may be another thing.
As Pa has said recently, he would be useful as a tool to injure opposition players in the packs.

It seems some of you doubted him for saying so.

But at the end of the day, everyone ends up agreeing with him eventually.

We have our Josh Carr replacement. Another supurv shutdown job by Chris Smith although Chambers did get away from him a bit in the 2nd Qtr.

I reckon He must be really fit as He rises to the occasion late in games all the time.

I reckon the black ducks will win the flag. :eek:

We have our Josh Carr replacement. Another supurv shutdown job by Chris Smith although Chambers did get away from him a bit in the 2nd Qtr.

I reckon He must be really fit as He rises to the occasion late in games all the time.

Let's hope so Rip. I definitely won't be disappointed if he is elevated. If Crowley is injured we need a back-up and Smith looks like he could be the one. He's stepping up in the big games for Swans. Looking forward to seeing who he lines up on next week.

I never realised before what a big boy Smith is. He's got a chest like a tank.

hmm good point dom still think we are better off picking up a much needed quality midfielder or small forward like yarran

Sandilands is going to be our main ruckman for plenty more years Keplar was handy as backup ruckman.
So fill our midfield gaps and forward line gaps first.
Instead of risking it on an athlete with potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a side note on what a good game it was from Smith. In the second quarter he was carved up by Chambers, who was instrumental in the Falcons getting out to the 4-5 goal lead. Rather than ranting and raving about how Smith should be pulled I had resigned myself to the fact that we would be spectators next week. Then he works his butt off to regain the upperhand on Chambers. Great, great job. It's very hard to work your way back from getting spanked to shutting a class runner (at WAFL level) down. :thumbsu:

Campbell wasn't too bad either, kicked his mandatory 7 against us. It's just his premature celebrations that worry me a bit, but good hard attack on the ball is when he is at his best.

Hinkley, didn't do much but they were a vital 2 goals at the end. Kept running the game out though, good signs.

Oh hell, I love everyone at the moment, even if it is purple.:D

Anyone now if/when this game is repeated on ABC/Fox?? I've had a look in the guide, but can't see it anywhere...
I'm sure the WAFL game used to be repeated midwek, but maybe that's when the Footy Channel was on and they needed filler. :(

Not sure if they still replay games, maybe the paralympics are on instead?

My thoughts on NickNat & Yarran from yesterdays game...

NICKNAT - Looked like a lost sheep when playing on Campbell as a Full Back. Terrible coaching on Dawsons behalf. When he moved into Ruck after 1/2 time he was very influential. His tapping & belting the ball 30 metres down field was amazing for an 18 y/o. He wouldn't have a probelm jumping over Sandilands for instance. Took 1 or 2 good contested grabs, but not a clean marker. Kicking is a bit dodgy. Enromous room for improvement, but looks a natural in the ruck & after seeing him 1st hand, I have doubts that he can play in a midfield role (otehr than a ruckman) as he doesn't read or demand the ball in any way. Will be a ruckman & a floating forward. Is he worth a Top 3 pick? Considering we've lost Warnock - he will be better than Warnock eventually. Saying that...if we don't end up getting him, I wouldn't be hurt.

YARRAN - Was tagged very close & played 90% of the game out of a forward pocket. When he touches the ball, something magic happens. Sometimes he tries to do too much (Very Farmer like). Moves alot like Shaun Burgoyne. Kicked a magnificent banana goal. Ended up with 4 goals. I have a very strong feeling that if Toast go for Nick Nat that Yarran will be our pick at PICK 3. (Mark this down). If it comes down to Rich or Yarran...Freo will pick Yarran. Has decent pace (not blistering but decent), superb kick, good sixe & will definitely head into a midfield role in next few years.

My thoughts on NickNat & Yarran from yesterdays game...

NICKNAT - Looked like a lost sheep when playing on Campbell as a Full Back. Terrible coaching on Dawsons behalf. When he moved into Ruck after 1/2 time he was very influential. His tapping & belting the ball 30 metres down field was amazing for an 18 y/o. He wouldn't have a probelm jumping over Sandilands for instance. Took 1 or 2 good contested grabs, but not a clean marker. Kicking is a bit dodgy. Enromous room for improvement, but looks a natural in the ruck & after seeing him 1st hand, I have doubts that he can play in a midfield role (otehr than a ruckman) as he doesn't read or demand the ball in any way. Will be a ruckman & a floating forward. Is he worth a Top 3 pick? Considering we've lost Warnock - he will be better than Warnock eventually. Saying that...if we don't end up getting him, I wouldn't be hurt.

YARRAN - Was tagged very close & played 90% of the game out of a forward pocket. When he touches the ball, something magic happens. Sometimes he tries to do too much (Very Farmer like). Moves alot like Shaun Burgoyne. Kicked a magnificent banana goal. Ended up with 4 goals. I have a very strong feeling that if Toast go for Nick Nat that Yarran will be our pick at PICK 3. (Mark this down). If it comes down to Rich or Yarran...Freo will pick Yarran. Has decent pace (not blistering but decent), superb kick, good sixe & will definitely head into a midfield role in next few years.

I agree with what you say about the likeness to the way Burgoyne moves and the Farmer trying to do too much. Also totally agree with your assessment of Natanui. I can believe what you say about us taking Yarran at pick 3, but I still reckon it is a HUGE risk.

I hope we get pick 6 so we can take one of Hartlett or Zeibell, who are probably much safer picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back