WAFL - Round 4

Swiftkid

Team Captain
Suspended
Apr 10, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Hard to say whether we'll finish bottom three or not.

At the moment, we're all pretty optimistic about having an improved season.

Hi guys, I tend to agree.

I think a top 8 finish is not beyond us, we've won 7/8 quarters. I think we'll learn alot about where we are at after this Saturdays match.

Swiftkid

Team Captain
Suspended
Apr 10, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So were there two games tonight?

Any Eagles play?

Souths Flogged Subi by 9 goals.

Callum Wilson played well, didnt have alot to do. Cockie was quite in a midfield overrun by a rampant Souths midfield unit lead by Bell and Duffield and Jaymie Graham.

Typically hard and polished performance but he found it hard to get into the game.

swannies

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts Armchair Endzone Minor Comp Winner Armchair Endzone Participant
Oct 27, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Everton
Doubtful that Lucas will slide. He is a much better prospect than Rich imo. Had a better 18's carnival last year than Rich's first year and simply put he works a lot harder. A coaches dream.

geezus, he'd be one heck of a player then! :eek: I reckon there looks a fair crop again in this draft, even though it's supposed to be a smaller pool, there are still a lot of good kids running around out there.

On tonight's game, Swiftkid summed Cockie's and Wilson's games up beautifully, spot on. Cockie tried all night, with about 6 of his team mates, the rest didn't when the chips were down.

Jaymie Graham had a blinder, I was pleased to see.

Dell'olio looks a very decent prospect, hard at it, takes the opponent on and has good finishing skills.

Trent Dennis-Lane looks as though he's either on fire or does not much. Didn't bother his opponent too much tonight.

bigburger

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 7, 2008
Imagineland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Everton, WDCC, Force
Looks like the super era of Subi is over. Too bad it looks like going straight back to the last successful team in Souths :thumbsdown:

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
geezus, he'd be one heck of a player then! :eek: I reckon there looks a fair crop again in this draft, even though it's supposed to be a smaller pool, there are still a lot of good kids running around out there.

On tonight's game, Swiftkid summed Cockie's and Wilson's games up beautifully, spot on. Cockie tried all night, with about 6 of his team mates, the rest didn't when the chips were down.

Jaymie Graham had a blinder, I was pleased to see.

Dell'olio looks a very decent prospect, hard at it, takes the opponent on and has good finishing skills.

Trent Dennis-Lane looks as though he's either on fire or does not much. Didn't bother his opponent too much tonight.

Didn't get to go to last nights game, i have been impressed with Dell'olio too. My Uncle is head trainer at souths and rates him as well.

Looks like the super era of Subi is over. Too bad it looks like going straight back to the last successful team in Souths :thumbsdown:

It's going to be dependent on which players south get back from Freo and for how long. Players like

Murphy
Thornton
Duffield
Head
Gilmore

All dominate at WAFL level and naturally make Souths a heck of a better team when you add it to former AFL players Bell, Farmer, Graham, Ugle, Seigert and McGrath. The availability of those players will make or break our season, especially Murphy who again showed last night he can dominate a WAFL game, but goes missing at AFL level.

legitimatic

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2006
SoR
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
Murphy's the key one, a forward line of Murphy + Farmer is dominant at WAFL level

As a supporter of both teams, I can only hope this will be the case, dominating for Souths each week, lead us to the flag Murph :eek::thumbsu:

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Stevenson was impressive did everything right. Kicking was exceptional. Was the best of all our players.

Swift was played on the wing/backline and in the last quarter in the center. Decent made a few errors and was no way near as involved as last week (aka not playing in the square and did not go in as hard at contests) Things still happen when he gets the ball though.

McNamara got allot of it. Not very efficent with his disposal.

Staker. Was good through the middle, did a few good things but was not sufficent to get a call up imo.

Kennedy. Presented hard, did not get allot of game time. Would i bring him in against the WB's. Yes. Finnished with two goals.

Spangher. Played well down back, i think he needs more freedom playing on the wing though. Kicking was very strong.

Beford. I like the way he moves, made a few mistakes but he has plenty of potential if he gets consistent game time.

Back