WAFL - Round 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Stevenson was impressive did everything right. Kicking was exceptional. Was the best of all our players.

Swift was played on the wing/backline and in the last quarter in the center. Decent made a few errors and was no way near as involved as last week (aka not playing in the square and did not go in as hard at contests) Things still happen when he gets the ball though.

McNamara got allot of it. Not very efficent with his disposal.

Staker. Was good through the middle, did a few good things but was not sufficent to get a call up imo.

Kennedy. Presented hard, did not get allot of game time. Would i bring him in against the WB's. Yes. Finnished with two goals.

Spangher. Played well down back, i think he needs more freedom playing on the wing though. Kicking was very strong.

Beford. I like the way he moves, made a few mistakes but he has plenty of potential if he gets consistent game time.
Pretty much agree on Swift, he only got 19 touches but when he gets it he is a class above the rest. Has incredible evasion skills and is an excellent kick on both sides most of the time. Has probably done enough to get selected but I still dont think they bring him in yet. Strangely his fitness seems a bit of a worry despite doing really well in the beep test at draft camp and having a full pre season. Wasted on the half back line for most of the day though which was disappointing and his team mates didn't use him as much as they could have.

Pretty much a solid showing from most fringe players, but noone standing out and demanding selection.

Makes for an interesting(in a bad way)job for the selection panel.

A week sure is a long time in football...

Stevenson was impressive did everything right. Kicking was exceptional. Was the best of all our players.

Swift was played on the wing/backline and in the last quarter in the center. Decent made a few errors and was no way near as involved as last week (aka not playing in the square and did not go in as hard at contests) Things still happen when he gets the ball though.

McNamara got allot of it. Not very efficent with his disposal.

Staker. Was good through the middle, did a few good things but was not sufficent to get a call up imo.

Kennedy. Presented hard, did not get allot of game time. Would i bring him in against the WB's. Yes. Finnished with two goals.

Spangher. Played well down back, i think he needs more freedom playing on the wing though. Kicking was very strong.

Beford. I like the way he moves, made a few mistakes but he has plenty of potential if he gets consistent game time.

not sure which game u were watching mate i cant say i agree with most of your player summaries. just my opinion though
stevensons skills were terrible and dont get me wrong i think he has very good skills overall but today they were off a bit..missed a goal directly infront
agree that swift was good today...love the way he attacks the game although thought he played better last week
mcnamara worked tirelessly all day and was amongst their top possession getters both in and under and around the ground...dont agree with everyone who bags his disposal i didnt really notice it
staker was excellent in the first half a bit quiter in the second...his skills well and truly stood out today especialy by foot. commentators spoke highly of he and jmac
spangher was solid down back..i still think this is his best position. could run off most full forwards/chf's with his athleticism and fitness.
bedford i thought could be very dangerous up forward but just doesnt get involved enough. this was my first time watching him and he certainly has pace to burn but just needs to increase his workethic imo.
houlihan injured??

To be honest I reckon Kyanga would have been a better rookie pick than Bedford. A small crumbing forward with pace to burn, a bit rough around the edges but I can see some potential there. East Freo actually have a few good kids running round for them.

claremont do not use bedford or swift. bedford has a greaeat leap but loss of confidence . claremonnt are jellybeans,

Swift was classy when he had the ball as per usual.

Looks a bit lazy at times and needs to work on his intensity IMO.

Also still doesn't look that fit.

Don't think he is ready for AFL yet and wouldn't rush him.

Swift was classy when he had the ball as per usual.

Looks a bit lazy at times and needs to work on his intensity IMO.

Also still doesn't look that fit.

Don't think he is ready for AFL yet and wouldn't rush him.

Every footballer who is young and up & coming and doesnt get 55 possessions a week is lazy apparently.

This is how it started with Rich.

Swift works his arse off, always has done - just like Rich.

I agree that he needs to work on getting fitter and more physically ready for AFL. As an 18 year old who has barely played since 16's this is not really surprising.

Yeah i did not know any of the stats.

I was damn impressed with Brad Sheppard his kicking was very strong, Kane Lucas got allot more cheap ball and did less attacking. First time ive seen them play but is Sheppard more of a half backman?
Played mostly at CHB in juniors but isn't really tall enough for that now (186 cm). Could play midfield as he is pretty quick but his good marking and kicking skills are probably best used off a half back flank. Needs to settle in a position.

The trouble with claremont is they do not play like a team. They have a buddy system going and do not use the youngsters.

i didnt think that hansen was that bad. he chased all day.... hmmm maybe he was crap.

i know we all ask this but why is fletcher playing? how can afl players miss those goals that both he and Priddis did?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^29 disposals (13 kicks, 16 handballs), 5 marks and 4 I50s

All stats available from here

Schoey was good again with 20 posessions and two important goals in Peels win over the royals, was BOG last week and kicked 3.

Anything on Butler?

^29 disposals (13 kicks, 16 handballs), 5 marks and 4 I50s

All stats available from here

Absolutely instrumental in Perth hanging on. Dropped into the backline to help out and settled them down and ran the clock down beautifully. I was pleading for him to kick it out of bounds to me, but he took no notice :D.

He's a classy finisher when he has the ball so hope he keeps progressing and finds his feet at AFL level again.

How did our usual suspects go Swannies?

Hopefully I'm not in a bun fight with E-shed Lach. Told him I thought Pratty was good today, which might be a wrong move????

Sullivan was pretty good, got under Spaander's skin, but from what I witnessed at the 3/4 time huddle, that's not hard.:eek: Spaander's was trying to throw him around but he gave a bit back, which I like to see.

Scott Selwood was also pretty good, without being outstanding, which I sort of put Butler into. Butler came to the fore when Perth were trying to save the game, he got amongst a fairly young backline and controlled the tempo and settled them down.

All in all, like Saturday's game, no one really stood out, unless you were 35 (Matthew Ferguson, ex Saints defender) for the Demons, he was continually in my line of sight, rotten sod!!

Ben Howletts having an awesome year. Only 21 might be a target for a mature age call up next year? Anyone seen much of him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back