2nds WAFL Watch '11 continued - Keep Watching

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the need exists for us to recruit another KPD onto our main list but I'm skeptical of spending our first rounder on one over the next two years. McKenzie, Brown an Schofield lack the experience of Glass but they are enough to hold us in some form or another when Glass retires at the end of 2012/ 13.

I'd pursue more midfield depth, forward talent to add to our forward potency and efficiency when swinging into attack. Fast forward flanker/ midfielder, genuine senior listed crummer and fast midfielders that use the ball well.

That Mason guy in the paper yesterday a chance of slipping to us in this years draft?

Actually EH I've been paying alot of attention to Waylon Mason watched him on the weekend.

Wce and freo are both into him as well as the bulldogs.

I actually like him and think at pick 22, 25 would be worth having a ping at.
His problem will be adjusting to city life, and Perths a much easier move for him than melbourne.
He will always be a risk to head home, but has emense talent.:thumbsu:

What type of player Mason?

Btw people underrated Emac and Brown a hell of alot. They're coming along nicely.

What type of player Mason?

Btw people underrated Emac and Brown a hell of alot. They're coming along nicely.

Paper said he's 195cm skinny tall forward. Kicked 4.5 goals on debut for Claremont Colts and has some good marks from the sounds of things.

Rather not deal with skinny KPP's again. Some people just aren't designed to put on muscle. Not that I know one way or the other regarding this fella, but I am just saying.

Notte everyone turns out like that though ;)

Yer I can understand that. But think of all the others. Westhoff, Grant. They really struggle to put on size therefore impact games.

Difference is he is an indigenous boy, he won't be like Westhoff, Grant, Notte etc... much more like a Paddy Ryder I reckon. Worth a crack I reckon.

Difference is he is an indigenous boy, he won't be like Westhoff, Grant, Notte etc... much more like a Paddy Ryder I reckon. Worth a crack I reckon.

I would hope he's more a Jarrah/ Buddy hybrid than like Ryder. Ryder has never cracked it as a forward and from what Ive read and heard he's a forward/ ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jaeger Omeara makes his league debut for Perth today playing Peel in Mandurah . Omeara is expected to play the next three league games , I would imagine many AFL officials will be watching how he goes , also Jack Martin is set to play for Perth this season , but I think they mean Colts .

Jaeger Omeara makes his league debut for Perth today playing Peel in Mandurah . Omeara is expected to play the next three league games , I would imagine many AFL officials will be watching how he goes , also Jack Martin is set to play for Perth this season , but I think they mean Colts .

Was just going to post this. Anybody going to the game? Would be good if somebody was going and reported back!

This reminds me of Krakeour.. going to West Coast eagles in the PSD for 99% of the season untill he has that game in the grand final and becomes too expensive.

O'meara going to West Coast for 99% of the season in a trade for Masten untill he dominates the WAFL and ends up becoming way too expensive.

SUNDAY TIMES REVIEW

A Striijk - Worked hard across HF and booted two last quarter goals 16k 3h 9m ( 2.2 )

J Jones - Worked hard throughout , but made a number of errors . Unable to make the distance from 40 m with the breeze in the final quarter . 12k 6h 4m

S Lycett - Started the game in sensational form , but suffered a knee injury late in the first term that restricted his input. 8k 2h 7m ( 3.2 )

B Wilson - Beaten by Hayden Busher over the day but battled hard throughout . 8k 4h 3m

C Wilson - Decent without making a massive impact in the forward line . 11k 4h 4m ( 2.1 )

J Jones sounds has had his first average game for the season , S Lycett sounds like a good AFL career will be his .

SUNDAY TIMES REVIEW

A Striijk - Worked hard across HF and booted two last quarter goals 16k 3h 9m ( 2.2 )

J Jones - Worked hard throughout , but made a number of errors . Unable to make the distance from 40 m with the breeze in the final quarter . 12k 6h 4m

S Lycett - Started the game in sensational form , but suffered a knee injury late in the first term that restricted his input. 8k 2h 7m ( 3.2 )

B Wilson - Beaten by Hayden Busher over the day but battled hard throughout . 8k 4h 3m

C Wilson - Decent without making a massive impact in the forward line . 11k 4h 4m ( 2.1 )

J Jones sounds has had his first average game for the season , S Lycett sounds like a good AFL career will be his .

Like him very much, indeed. We don't need, with JD, but someone will pick him up (if they've got any brains and need a forward). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back