Houlihan - 17D ( 1.1 )
Stevens - 17D

Swift - 23 D
Weedon - 10 D
Broome - 19 D ( 1.2 )
Stevenson - 15 D

McGovern ( R ) 10 D 4 M ( 1.4 )
Hamp ( R ) 15 D ( 0.1 )

Dalziell the best of the group and dare I say it could play again this year to replace Rosa . M Brown got plenty of the ball , I would imagine playing CHB .

Claremont players were quieter then normal after getting flogged by EF , Broome got his most possessions for the season - maybe he realises the end of the season is near and better show something for another Rookie year , which I hope he gets - Broome is still a long term project !

**** Stevens had a bad game for the first time in so long. Wanted him to come in for Kerr next week.

Have no problem with Dalziell coming in for a trial as he could be the perfect replacement for Rosa just incase teams start paying more attention to Gaff like the Essendon game.

seeing no one played exceptional in the WAFL give Masten a full game with the West Coast. At least it gives him a chance to show us if he can provide anything for us in the finals.

**** Stevens had a bad game for the first time in so long. Wanted him to come in for Kerr next week.

Have no problem with Dalziell coming in for a trial as he could be the perfect replacement for Rosa just incase teams start paying more attention to Gaff like the Essendon game.

agreed. happy for dalziell to play. esp to get some touch against his old club.
but knowing woosha, he wont be so adam cockie

Surely if Stevens was up for selection for his great WAFL form over the last few months one average game wouldn't be a major factor in his selection. He's done everything he can and was great last week in Geraldton from all reports.
I would love to see him get a crack at it but also be happy to see Masten given a full game again.

I agree with you FTS but he has been in that amazing form all year and only got two sub spots. If he had of dominated this week he surely would've got a full game but we won't know till thursday I guess.

Kerr defidently won't play and Masten or Hams didn't do enough to warrant a game. Out of them two Masten should be trialed.

RE, I'm firmly atop the "get Dayle Garlett" wagon now, if we can't get O'Meara. :):thumbsu:

Anyone else concerned that Weedon never seems to get more than 15 possessions in a game and never more than 1-2 goals a game? Can't see him being close to getting a game.

Also no idea how Sheppard lands an emergency spot every week with the numbers he pulls. Not even close to dominating a game of WAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheppard was average, not sure why they're singing his praises.

What was Stevens like LM? With his numbers down I presume he played a role, more defensive than normal? That's the key to beating Claremont, run hard defensively against them and they struggle to deal with it.

Anyone else concerned that Weedon never seems to get more than 15 possessions in a game and never more than 1-2 goals a game? Can't see him being close to getting a game.

Only his 2nd year, so not really concerned - he has progressed solidly enough from low base when he started with the club.

In 2011 he's averaging 15 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 goal from 16 WAFL games - he has got 15 or more disposals seven times and 20 or more disposals four times and 3 goals twice.

He has good on-field ethic, but his aerobic fitness is still well below the level required of an AFL player (can't recall if he get a full 2010/2011 pre-season?) - definitely needs to put some hard work in and get it to an acceptable level over the next few pre-seasons.

I don''t think he will ever be a guy who kicks bags of 4 or more often as he plays more of a playmaking role rather than a finishing role as a forward.

Only his 2nd year, so not really concerned - he has progressed solidly enough from low base when he started with the club.

In 2011 he's averaging 15 disposals, 4 tackles, 1 goal from 16 WAFL games - he has got 15 or more disposals seven times and 20 or more disposals four times and 3 goals twice.

He has good on-field ethic, but his aerobic fitness is still well below the level required of an AFL player (can't recall if he get a full 2010/2011 pre-season?) - definitely needs to put some hard work in and get it to an acceptable level over the next few pre-seasons.

I don''t think he will ever be a guy who kicks bags of 4 or more often as he plays more of a playmaking role rather than a finishing role as a forward.

My big problem is sure he looks good but you got to do a lot more than that unless you have the unpredictability and excitement of a Rioli. Realistically will he ever get the endurance to play AFL midfield or will he more like Le Cras who floats in when he can't get a touch in the forward line?

The one game I watched of Weedon's this year in the WAFL was quite disappointing. He looked very flat footed and struggled to get involved. I think that was one of his worst games for the year possession wise though can't read too much into the one performance hopefully.

You would hope he starts showing a bit more next year though, he should have had time to get the fitness base he needs by then I would think.

he was tearing up the pre season along with masten.The most impressive if i recall correctly

How's the Broomstick coming along? haven't really watched him play this year besides the Foxtel Cup GF.

he was tearing up the pre season along with masten.The most impressive if i recall correctly

In skill drills yes, but he was being put through extra work, fitness wise, as well, so it's an area the Eagles know needs to be improved.

In skill drills yes, but he was being put through extra work, fitness wise, as well, so it's an area the Eagles know needs to be improved.

swannies: What do you reckon of Dayle Garlet? From the bits and pieces I've seen of him he looks as good as O'Meara, and reminds me a bit of Cyril Rioli.

He's exactly the kind of player all of us seem to want too.....How do you rate him compared to Yarran and Jeff Garlett when they were at the Swans?

Cheers.

Waylon Manson has kicked 7.4 today for Claremont in the colts with about 10 minutes to go. Far out I am starting to like this guy.

Edit: Make that 8

Waylon Manson has kicked 7.4 today for Claremont in the colts with about 10 minutes to go. Far out I am starting to like this guy.

Edit: Make that 8

Sounds the goods! And Antonio out of West Perth colts - 22 disposals and 7.0 straight - do you know anything about him?

Sounds the goods! And Antonio out of West Perth colts - 22 disposals and 7.0 straight - do you know anything about him?

I wouldn't read too much into that, the team absolutely destroyed Swans today, Antonio hasn't really impressed me so far this year.

Loving the improvement of B.Hill this year for the Colts side (just a tad biased :D ) and Shane Nelson continuing to collect massive amounts of the footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back