2nds WAFL Watch 2014 - Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2010
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Peel Thunder
Appologies to Dudley Leopard who usually starts the WAFL watch threads, but the WAFL fixture has been released and our newly aligned club kicks off 22nd March with a game against our WAFL rivals East Perth.

http://peelthunder.com.au/latest-news/fixtures-2014/

Looks like their website hasn't updated the senior squad. I was hoping to see the players that will make up the side amongst the Freo players. I think they had an intra club game the other day, but can't find anything on the site. Might have been from FB or twitter...

The first time they have a game on the same day as Freo is the 17th of May so we should all be able to get down and see some games.

Last year there were so many games that I couldn't get to because they were either on at the same time or the same day and I couldn't get back home in time to watch the Freo game.

It should be a really cool atmosphere this year I think. I have been to a few VFL games in the past and it was great to be watching the footy a few seats away from guys like Tom Hawkins and Jarryd Roughead etc. I think you'll find that a lot of the team will go down to support the boys not playing AFL.

Get yourselves a Peel membership,its good value:thumbsu:
I will be. After 12 years away from Perth, I'm finally moving home in a month:). A long time Shark fan, I wonder if it's breaking any unspoken moral football code to have 2 memberships? While I still think of myself as an Easts supporter and will be supporting them in any game they play against Peel, I do want to get behind Peel now they're aligned with Freo. Plus, I'll be living just outside of Ravenswood so I might get to more Peel games than EF games.

I will be. After 12 years away from Perth, I'm finally moving home in a month:). A long time Shark fan, I wonder if it's breaking any unspoken moral football code to have 2 memberships? While I still think of myself as an Easts supporter and will be supporting them in any game they play against Peel, I do want to get behind Peel now they're aligned with Freo. Plus, I'll be living just outside of Ravenswood so I might get to more Peel games than EF games.

I have been Souths supporter for all my life and its a pretty long life but I joined PEEL last year after moving to Mandurah and have found them a great club with magnificent facilitys.Members bar is a great place for a cheap beer and a good spot to watch the game

I wonder if it would be hard to just broadcast Peel and EP games every week, surely two games a week isn't much considering they have ABC2&3.

Would be brilliant if they did :thumbsu:

But I'm not gonna get my hopes up. They couldn't even broadcast the Grand Final in HD last year. o_O

I have myself given this important moral issue due consideration, and determined that the way is clear for me to purchase a GWS membership:cool:

I have been Souths supporter for all my life and its a pretty long life but I joined PEEL last year after moving to Mandurah and have found them a great club with magnificent facilitys.Members bar is a great place for a cheap beer and a good spot to watch the game

I owe you a scotch and dry or two.

I think there will be a big turn out for Morra if he starts out for Peel. Can't wait.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's supposed to be 3 rounds of WAFL pre season games this year. Peel play in Rounds 2 and 3.

I know Round 3 is vs South Fremantle at Bendigo Bank Stadium on Saturday March 15. Not sure who they play on the 8th

I have myself given this important moral issue due consideration, and determined that the way is clear for me to purchase a GWS membership:cool:

I have a GWS membership and I have purple blood !! I love going to watch live footy and it's cheaper to have a membership than buy a ticket each week.

Plus I love AFL and want to support expansion of the game. So it's great watching the kids develop.

Plus..................

I passionately hate The swans ;)

I have a GWS membership and I have purple blood !! I love going to watch live footy and it's cheaper to have a membership than buy a ticket each week.

Plus I love AFL and want to support expansion of the game. So it's great watching the kids develop.

Plus..................

I passionately hate The swans ;)

All of the above applies to me:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back