2nds WAFL Watch 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep forgot to mention him. Ep went in too tall given the conditions. Both eagles and ep are terrible in the wet.

Sheed is a horrible wet weather player. Seen him play in the wet a few times and he's blown every time. Doesn't rain much in Kalgoorlie.

Was impressed with McInnes. Something to work with there.

If I was the Freo or the Bulldogs, I'd make a play for him.

Sheed impresses me when he has the ball, but just doesn't get enough of it.

Sheed is a horrible wet weather player. Seen him play in the wet a few times and he's blown every time. Doesn't rain much in Kalgoorlie.
Just couldn't keep his feet unlike his opponent. The aweness around the ball also needs ro improve.
EP got done big time in the middle. Subi set up well behind the play and got numbers to the contest. Nothing was done the whole game to change the mid structure.

Yeh was going to mention that Sheed mustn't be used to wet weather considering he was a liability against Richmond earlier in the year.

Rubbish. This does nothing to disprove that a team with 11 professional footballers (who are usually quality WAFL players) is artificially boosted in strength.

It's ignorant to suggest these players aren't good WAFL players despite them having stinkers.

Because you fail to see the down side to the alignment for East Perth? which is added youth and a less settled team. I half suspect East Perth to be weaker next year with a bit
of turnover at West Coast but we'll see.

Subiaco was far more effective in that 3rd quarter when they blew the game apart .The other 3 quarters were fairly evenly contested with like last year the rain played havoc on the Royals tall brigade .
Enjoyed the bias free umpiring today .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sheed's 11 disposals is very poor he was very lazy today , blaming the wet is wrong .

Edit: Oops he got 6 tackles today so wasn't as lazy as I initially thought .

Last edited:
Colledge always seems lethargic and slow. Just don't see the justification in giving him a contract extension.

Underwhelming performance by the eagles listed players today. Subi wanted it more and were by far the better side

Mcinness probably the only player that showed something. Sheed looked tentative.

Brennan went ok in his last game before returning to old easts next year

Sheed playing against his old team ( my excuse for Sheed today ) , the whole alignment thing is missing something ......next season if 5-7 Eagles are delisted they will be playing elsewhere and the new recruits at East Perth . The system lacks loyalty , pretty tricky situation but Subiaco were terrific !!!

Went to the game with 2 East Perth supporters, before the game I said Hill will let you down today. I was right Hill was easily worst on ground.

Next year will be Hill's 9th year on a AFL list :$. Scott Thornton lasted a long time at Fremantle but a least he played with some heart and determination, Hill brings nothing to the table.

Either Ben McKinley or Jack Anthony him out of the club. Trade Hill for pick 100 and if nobody wants him pay out his contract for 2015 and tell him to piss off like Freo did with Anthony.

Mcinness probably the only player that showed something. Sheed looked tentative.

College was also terrible with only 9 disposals. Even though it was wet he got caught a lot and generally looked at sea with the ball.
Maybe one day the eagles will draft midfielders who can actually take on the contest and dispose to advantage or at least get clear from said contest.

Sheed playing against his old team ( my excuse for Sheed today ) , the whole alignment thing is missing something ......next season if 5-7 Eagles are delisted they will be playing elsewhere and the new recruits at East Perth . The system lacks loyalty , pretty tricky situation but Subiaco were terrific !!!
Agreed. You answered your own question;)

Sheed's 11 disposals is very poor he was very lazy today , blaming the wet is wrong .

Edit: Oops he got 6 tackles today so wasn't as lazy as I initially thought .

He needs to go more often but in a side with Lee, McGinnity and Wolff that shouldn't be his role to be honest, far too classy.

And i'm right about him regarding his wet weather ability.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back