Rumour Waite

Remove this Banner Ad

tigris

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2007
FTG
AFL Club
Carlton
Can anyone confirm/deny that Waite went to the coaching staff himself and asked to be dropped for confidence reasons?

If true, I hope it was nothing to do with him being a little scared about returning to AAMI.

A couple of reliable posters suggested it over the last few days, could be true.

Hope like hell he gets his old form back.

He certainly seemed to be moving well enough Sin. You'd have to think it was a confidence thing rather than anything structural. Time will tell I guess, but Kouta was a shadow of his former self after the knee :(

he seems to be playing old Waite style with a reliance on emotion not skill. Perhaps he just needs to get confidence in his body and skills and clear his head.

He certainly seemed to be moving well enough Sin. You'd have to think it was a confidence thing rather than anything structural. Time will tell I guess, but Kouta was a shadow of his former self after the knee :(

and Waite was barely a shadow of Kouta's shadow. Nothing personal Waite, just shouldn't be compared to Kouta in any way.

I think that it is a fitness and confidence thing tbh...

He was looking well out of sorts last week against the bummers and considering, as said in the teams thread, he has only played a month and a bit of football after missing out on most of the NAB stuff.

Played out of position as well. Star defender or inconsistent forward, I know which one I prefer.

I think that they will use him in defence in the ants for a couple of weeks to get his confidence back and to put some more match time into his legs from a defensive point of view.

If/when he comes back, I think that he might come into the side at CHB before t-bird does.

Sorry, but for those saying a few reliable posters have been saying it, which reliable posters?

The first time I saw it mentioned was from a poster who posted the exact same changes as Molly five minutes later.

Call me a skeptic, but it appeared more likely he used Molly's info, and just added the best explanation he could think of to add credibility to his own supposed 'mail'.

The other few posters running with this seem to be doing the same...

Not having a go at anyone, but for all the new 'sources' that seemingly appeared this week, not surprisingly the first to mention anything was Molly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can anyone confirm/deny that Waite went to the coaching staff himself and asked to be dropped for confidence reasons?

If true, I hope it was nothing to do with him being a little scared about returning to AAMI.

Surely against a depleted Crows squad he "could" find form ffs!!! I’m tipping he is remembering too much and as such, has already “mentally” checked out? Weak? who knows.... but for him to "put his hand up" this week and step down to the VFL smells iffy to me.....

Surely against a depleted Crows squad he "could" find form ffs!!! I’m tipping he is remembering too much and as such, has already “mentally” checked out? Weak? who knows.... but for him to "put his hand up" this week and step down to the VFL smells iffy to me.....

Totally disagree with the above comment. If anything he should be commended for putting the team first to give someone who is 100% right a go instead of being selfish and letting the team down when he knows he's not right in himself. Nothing iffy about it and certainly not weak, if anything it's a brave and selfless thing Waity's done for the team. Remember it's a team sport after all

The last thing you could ever accuse Waite of is being weak. After a reasonable game in Round 1, he has tailed off quite a bit in the last 2 weeks. He is not the first player to have a pretty good game first up after a knee reconstruction, only to struggle in the subsequent weeks & then head back to the VFL to gain some confidence/form.

has anyone thought they he may just be injured? maybe some swelling on his knee

I'd say he's just having trouble running out a full game at AFL level after having such a long lay off.

By all reports he's put his hand up to go back to the 2's - more than likely to get his endurance back to up to scratch. The seniors isn't the place for a player to work on his fitness, and I think it's pretty decent of him to admit he needs to drop back to the Ants to build up his tank.

Probably a combination of all the things being said here...except for waitey being soft...uhh no he is not soft at all, his a vicious animal on the ground.

Hopefully, he'll get his fitness/form/mental stability back and return sooner rather than later.
One of the best defense in the league when all are fit/in form.

Thornton Jamison Walker (A.J)
Scotland Waite Bower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back