Walker on Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

Typical dog act from a dog of a person and should get 4 weeks

But knowing the MRP they will give him 1 weeks and claim they are being tough on head hits, despite the ******* coward intention of knocking him out and not going for the ball

Disgraceful campaigner
I love comments like these!

It is like people actually try to go out of their way to prove how little they know about football.

Last edited:
Not sure how a player having concussion or not should make any difference to the penalty.
The penalty should be based on the action of offending player was it within the rules or not.
For me should get at least one week suspension.
The way he is playing wont make much difference to Adelaide.

Then explain to us how it does work.
Ah yeah kinda is, legal football maneuver that had accidental high contact = careless.

Lindsay Thomas on Scott Selwood, the one everyone wanted him to get 5 weeks for, was graded as careless.

If its graded as in Intentional it will be successfully argued that its careless at the Tribunal - can't imaging the MRO will waste their time trying to argue that its intentional.
Except that's exactly how it's worded in the Tribunal guidelines.

"The AFL Regulations provide that a Player will be guilty of Rough Conduct where in the bumping of an opponent (whether reasonably or unreasonably) the Player causes forceful contact to be made with any part of his body to an opponent’s head or neck. Unless Intentional, such conduct will be deemed to be Careless"

So unless the player intentionally bumps the player in the head, the act of a bump to the chest making contact with the head is a "careless" act
It’s not intentionally hitting high, or intentionally injuring a player. The intent is on the base action.

Freo tried that with fyfe. They failed.

Didn’t jack graham cop a week for a lesser hit on Zorko?

It’s not intentionally hitting high, or intentionally injuring a player. The intent is on the base action.

I'm just stating exactly how it's worded in the guidelines. In the case of Fyfe, obviously the MRO thought it was an intentional bump to the head, because he jumped into Greenwood's head. Walker's primary contact was to the body. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm just stating exactly how it's worded in the guidelines. In the case of Fyfe, obviously the MRO thought it was an intentional bump to the head, because he jumped into Greenwood's head. Walker's primary contact was to the body. Will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Reading more I think stroking is always intentional, whereas rough conduct can be both which is the difference. Seems stupid.

I think Fyfe was stiff, personally I saw it as careless, but the MRO saw it as him intentionally raising his forearm, that was more just a clumsy incident to me.

As stated by ex MRP members, “intentional” relates to if the player had intent to cause a reportable offence.

In this case did he intend on making contact to the head.

Did not look at the ball once, was off the ground when he made contact and got a player high with enough force to at least stun him momentarily.

2-3 weeks is my guess.

As stated by ex MRP members, “intentional” relates to if the player had intent to cause a reportable offence.

In this case did he intend on making contact to the head.
I wouldn’t be listening to ex mrp. Anything before this year is irrelevant to Christian.

Did not look at the ball once, was off the ground when he made contact and got a player high with enough force to at least stun him momentarily.

2-3 weeks is my guess.

How do you come to 2 or 3 weeks?

BigFooty needs a bot that just replies the MRP guidelines to every thread so people can stop trying to be more outraged than the previous person.

If he hadn't hit him in the head it would have been a fair hit. All this talk about 'running past the ball' and 'not having eyes for the ball' is nonsense - using your body to move another player off the ball is perfectly legal if within 5m of the ball.

Careless, high contact, low-medium force. Either a fine or a week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the uproar over this you would think he just ran past and raised an elbow at him or something.

I'm failing to see any uproar. Most people have him going for 1 or 2 games.

Should be at least 2 weeks.

the outcome should have no say in these kind of cases, Tex was just lucky that Tuohy isn't made of glass, weeks shouldnt rely on that.

it should always simply be about the intent of the action, which in this case is clear that there was no eyes on the ball and he elected to bump and made high contact. intent to hurt.

the only time the outcome (injury) should come into play is if players are reported for striking / kneeing / elbowing etc, violent acts basically.

Tuohy came back on the field and played out the game so it's definitely not high impact.

It works the other way around. If the player doesn't come back on, then yes, then it is clear that the impact was high or even severe (not that I think this one is close to severe). It's pretty hard to argue any other way.

However a hit doesn't have to injure a player or put them out for the whole game to be deemed high impact.

I reckon they'll go with medium impact but I wouldn't be ruling out high impact. That was a big hit.

Does he even hit him high?
If the ball is within 5 metres of contact...You can line him up from the other side of the ground...Lining somebody up is irrelevant if the ball is in the area.
Probably get 2 weeks with how the game is now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back