Walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 13, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg, tigers
Taylor walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot after injuring his foot at training

“Adelaide captain Taylor Walker will spend two weeks in a moon boot after straining his plantar fascia at training.

Walker will not play any pre-season games, but should be available for Round One.

Crows General Manager of High Performance Matt Hass said Walker would do limited training over the next fortnight, but is expected to make a full recovery within 5 – 6 weeks.

“Taylor had some soreness in his foot during training last week and after further assessment the strain was revealed,” Hass said.

“Fortunately, the injury doesn’t require surgery and he will make a full recovery after a period of rest.”

He is expected to be fit and ready for round one but will miss the JLT series..

Darcy Fogarty... step right up..

Does anyone honestly expect him to be ready by round 1?

I’m not hating on Taylor but he has had a foot injury 3 or 4 pre seasons in a row now. Toe last year, Foot in 2016 and now this. I don’t think he will be truely ready until week 4 or 5.

Does anyone honestly expect him to be ready by round 1?

I’m not hating on Taylor but he has had a foot injury 3 or 4 pre seasons in a row now. Toe last year, Foot in 2016 and now this. I don’t think he will be truely ready until week 4 or 5.

He missed round one last year... but we managed... gonna be a big game against Essendon though and it’s not at AO... it’s not good news by any stretch but I think if he doesn’t get up we’ll manage.

Back sometime about Round 12 I reckon.

If we are to beleive the club that it definately doesn’t need surgery then hopefully he will be right for round 1 or 2...

If not and he ends up with surgery... you could be right..

Let’s stay positive and stick with the “no surgery” option!..

I don’t think we will lose.

We smashed them in Melbourne in the latter part of the season last year and they’ve had a few ins and a couple of outs over the trade period... they’ll be competitive this year. But I’m hopeful we’ll step up another notch or two as well with Gibbs in and the crouch brothers really starting to mature..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taylor walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot after injuring his foot at training

“Adelaide captain Taylor Walker will spend two weeks in a moon boot after straining his plantar fascia at training.

Walker will not play any pre-season games, but should be available for Round One.

Crows General Manager of High Performance Matt Hass said Walker would do limited training over the next fortnight, but is expected to make a full recovery within 5 – 6 weeks.

“Taylor had some soreness in his foot during training last week and after further assessment the strain was revealed,” Hass said.

“Fortunately, the injury doesn’t require surgery and he will make a full recovery after a period of rest.”
This is what is usually said ....... then 4 weeks later he has the operation

Hate this at this time of the year .... really sucks

If we are to beleive the club that it definately doesn’t need surgery then hopefully he will be right for round 1 or 2...

If not and he ends up with surgery... you could be right..

Let’s stay positive and stick with the “no surgery” option!..
Their first option for foot injuries is to give it time to see if it heals, surgery never a first option. So he'll either be right for near the start of the season, or it won't, he'll go for surgery in a months time and he'll be back for Round 6 or so.

Their first option for foot injuries is to give it time to see if it heals, surgery never a first option. So he'll either be right for near the start of the season, or it won't, he'll go for surgery in a months time and he'll be back for Round 6 or so.

Round 6 would be a horrid outcome..

Is the planter fascia the same thing viney from Melbourne did last year?..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back