Walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot

Remove this Banner Ad

We replaced Tex with Menzel early last year, so no reasons why we wouldn't try a different type, given we have JJ, Gov & Lynch who can all play as a KPF.

No reason if Fogerty performs well in the preseason he doesn't come in to contention.

I think Himmelberg is a better chance.

Tex missed round 1 and Otto played that game. Not really a relevant circumstance to consider whether the coaches will look to a different type this year. Otto was used to replace Lever.

I'm hoping to clarify a few things for the Crows fans or the Moon boot lovers.

* First off, what's the difference between a niggle and an injury?
Niggle = minor injury, where you might feel some minor discomfort but can still carry on playing the next round without there be any diminishing effect to your overall standard of play.

Injury = tissue damage (eg. severe bruising, sprain, tendon tear, fracture)
= requiring some level of rest in order to recover. Usually it will mean the player needs to have at least 1 week off, and how long the recovery period would reflect how serious the injury is.

* What's a Moon boot?
Moon boot = supportive footing in order to allow maximal rest (or minimal movement) to the damaged area of the foot/ankle, whilst still allowing you to walk around.

* So what's the point of a Moon boot and it's role in foot injury recovery?
Basically, it's there to help speed up the rate of recovery of foot/ankle/heel injuries. It also forces the injured person to walk slowly which is needed in recovery of a foot injury (less impact force on the wound).

It's really important to be aware of the Moon boot because I see a lot of responses to player injuries (currently the most relevant right now is Tex and his plantar fasciitis), and members are forecasting a poor prognosis for foot injuries when comparing with their own rate of recovery.
For ordinary people without the aid of a Moon boot, and needing to carry on with their usual working lives, it often takes 1-3 months for most foot injuries to recover. However for sporting elites with a Moon boot and a good rehab programme thereafter, it can take as little as 2-4 weeks for most non-serious foot injuries to recover.

TLDR: Moon boots are useful!
Can you please tell me: would 'normal' people get moonboots after surgery? You mentioned that elite sportsspeople heal faster with them, but are they only used by sportspeople?

Would one have to buy their own?

Can you please tell me: would 'normal' people get moonboots after surgery? You mentioned that elite sportsspeople heal faster with them, but are they only used by sportspeople?

Good question, I like! (I'm sensing you're testing me..)
Anyone would heal faster with a Moon boot, elite person or otherwise. The reality is though, it involves costs and an inconvenience for an average person to set up the measurements and installing such an apparatus. Which is why if me or you would get plantar fasciitis, without optimal resting/Moon boot, our recovery would take much longer time to heal.

I've had plantar fasciitis and ankle sprains myself btw and have dealt with plenty of real life cases, I'm not just talking from some textbook or Google. ;)

I get a government supplied Moonboot when My foot play up, mainly due to White Card, Because of this my Doctors recommends one every time,
It Allows you to remove the boot to applied heat and cold and to let the foot breath, according to my physio it doe help in quicker healing.

I get a government supplied Moonboot when My foot play up, mainly due to White Card, Because of this my Doctors recommends one every time,
It Allows you to remove the boot to applied heat and cold and to let the foot breath, according to my physio it doe help in quicker healing.
I am actually seeing a surgeon in a couple of weeks about an ankle reconstruction. Obviously I can ask questions then, but a moonboot is something I've been wondering about. I have seen them in the context of sports injuries, but not commonly.

Good question, I like! (I'm sensing you're testing me..)
Anyone would heal faster with a Moon boot, elite person or otherwise. The reality is though, it involves costs and an inconvenience for an average person to set up the measurements and installing such an apparatus. Which is why if me or you would get plantar fasciitis, without optimal resting/Moon boot, our recovery would take much longer time to heal.

I've had plantar fasciitis and ankle sprains myself btw and have dealt with plenty of real life cases, I'm not just talking from some textbook or Google. ;)
What is involved with the set up? Is it very 'personalised'?

I am actually seeing a surgeon in a couple of weeks about an ankle reconstruction. Obviously I can ask questions then, but a moonboot is something I've been wondering about. I have seen them in the context of sports injuries, but not commonly.
Surgery is beyond my field, but as a rule of thumb, you would need optimal rest for at least 6-8 weeks post-surgery. This would require some form of splint/Moon boot.

Can I ask what kind of foot injury do you have? How long do you use a Moon boot for during flare-ups?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can I ask what kind of foot injury do you have? How long do you use a Moon boot for during flare-ups?

Ripped one of the ligaments, I did everything but break the Foot,
Shock injury landing too hard, jumping out of a perfectly safe aeroplane. and then had to hump my way out to get medical attention. Also did my knee in a Later incident while overseas. And because of that every time I get a leg/ankle injury its white card.

Edit Flare-ups usually mean a couple of week in a moonboot.

All I can say if you have the Option go for the moon boot, you can remove it at night,

Got this email today. One glaring omission, the club must know more than they are saying.

BE17430F-670C-4218-BE2D-30F732351488.jpeg

Ripped one of the ligaments, I did everything but break the Foot,
Shock injury landing too hard, jumping out of a perfectly safe aeroplane. and then had to hump my way out to get medical attention. Also did my knee in a Later incident while overseas. And because of that every time I get a leg/ankle injury its white card.

Edit Flare-ups usually mean a couple of week in a moonboot.
Wow...sounds like a horrific injury in a danger zone! You should be a pro regarding foot injuries by now, thanks for the input mate! :thumbsu:

Agree, we look crazy with 2 Tex is injured threads on our board...
This thread is more the medical discussion regarding foot injuries. The other one is more for the possible Tex replacements in selection.
It's worth persisting if others have input on other future foot injuries to players.

Our cat is getting older now and he has arthritis in his back legs. Do you think a couple of little kitty moon booties would help?
So long as you don't let him fall asleep under your car...

This thread is more the medical discussion regarding foot injuries. The other one is more for the possible Tex replacements in selection.
It's worth persisting if others have input on other future foot injuries to players.
Opposition supporters who visit our board are going to think we are crazy with 2 threads on our injured captain...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back