Walker to spend two weeks in a moon boot

Remove this Banner Ad

Opposition supporters who visit our board are going to think we are crazy with 2 threads on our injured captain...
Kane, we're hoping for serious adult talks about foot injuries. The other thread is just about Tex, his replacements and plantar fasciitis.
The forum is full of opinions thrown around. Sometimes it's good to talk serious about health-related issues. We just need more members like dogs105 and ad victoriam, and this thread would make a lot more sense.

What is it that makes him bad?...

He’s not biased - he is massively biased, usually towards anyone he has worked with or knows (eg GWS)
He’s not boring - he's not the entertainment but he thinks he is
He reads the play better than just about anyone - he is hopeless, he tries to call every play before it happens ... infuriating
He’s got a sense of humour - he thinks he is funny, that is different
And his special comments are, 99 times out of 100, spot on - nope, not even close ... but he does make many many attempts - so he'd be at 100 "special" comments after the first quarter.

"Given the nature of the injury, Walker’s timeline will be dictated by how his left foot responds to treatment over the next six weeks."
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2018-02-09/walker-aiming-for-season-opener

6 weeks gets us to the start of the season. If he is getting treatment over that time, I cannot see him playing round 1.
He won’t play round one and most likely won’t play round two either. This injury is not a niggle. Plantar fascia is notoriously difficult to manage.

He won’t play round one and most likely won’t play round two either. This injury is not a niggle. Plantar fascia is notoriously difficult to manage.
They would be mad to rush him, why don’t we give him more than 2 weeks in the moon boot? If it means he misses the first month but is injury free for the rest of the year then we’d be cautious surely?

Hopefully all of Poholke, Greenwood (assuming fit), Fogarty, Himmelberg and Davis get a run in the JLT. Whoever performs best as at minimum a part time forward can take Tex's spot. Move JJ to CHF, Gov to FF and we have a more balanced forward line.

Issue is the looming selection of Otten.

Unfortunately given Tex's age and the fact that this would be his third consecutive season hampered by foot problems, we might start seeing less and less of him :(
I think he should be ok mate. This is a new injury, not the same recurring type. With proper rest/rehab, he should be right to go in the early rounds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd be better off barracking for the power with spin like that.
Every footy fan knows plantar fascia spells trouble for an AFL player.
Google wont tell you that I'm afraid.
Ok just wait until another few weeks and see who's an idiot.

You'd be better off barracking for the power with spin like that.
Every footy fan knows plantar fascia spells trouble for an AFL player.
Google wont tell you that I'm afraid.
And if you had bothered to read the information I typed last night instead of trying to play detective about whether I was a former member on here, there are several degrees of plantar fasciitis. I've had minor plantar fasciitis myself and if you rest it well, it can go away even within 1-2 weeks (even without the moon boot). The key is to know how long Tex has the Moon boot on for. If he takes it off in 2 weeks, it means it's a relatively minor injury.

Dont give me grading of the injury s**t. Any grade is trouble.
No, I'm John. A guy who is help giving useful information to the forum.
And you are? a person who's just trolling me. Stop being an ass, you've been warned already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plantar fascia isn't the really really bad one is it?

Navicular is what Egan & Trengove had from memory
170px-NavicularFracMark.png

The Navicular , as you can see, is right in that middle area of fleax. Any push forward is affected and any landing, flex upwards also is affected. A real annoyance

I did use google

I googled plantar fasciitis as well

The Plantar is the muscle and tendons underneath the foot

About 90% of plantar fasciitis cases will improve within six months with conservative treatment,[8] and within a year regardless of treatment.[3][6] Many treatments have been proposed for plantar fasciitis. Most have not been adequately investigated and there is little evidence to support recommendations for such treatments.[3] First-line conservative approaches include rest, heat, ice, and calf-strengthening exercises; techniques to stretch the calf muscles, Achilles tendon, and plantar fascia; weight reduction in the overweight or obese; and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen.[5][10][20] NSAIDs are commonly used to treat plantar fasciitis, but fail to resolve the pain in 20% of people.[10]

170px-NavicularFracMark.png

The Navicular , as you can see, is right in that middle area of fleax. Any push forward is affected and any landing, flex upwards also is affected. A real annoyance

I did use google

I googled plantar fasciitis as well

The Plantar is the muscle and tendons underneath the foot

About 90% of plantar fasciitis cases will improve within six months with conservative treatment,[8] and within a year regardless of treatment.[3][6] Many treatments have been proposed for plantar fasciitis. Most have not been adequately investigated and there is little evidence to support recommendations for such treatments.[3] First-line conservative approaches include rest, heat, ice, and calf-strengthening exercises; techniques to stretch the calf muscles, Achilles tendon, and plantar fascia; weight reduction in the overweight or obese; and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as aspirin or ibuprofen.[5][10][20] NSAIDs are commonly used to treat plantar fasciitis, but fail to resolve the pain in 20% of people.[10]

Using Dr Google as well.

This picture shows a greater understanding why its bad for football. It’s right on top of your foot and easy to break.

31C483FC-62DD-4B49-8B5B-CE616BA1FB63.jpeg

Chris Egan from Geelong was required to retire and James Hird missed like 12 months with one. We don’t want to ever hear them say that injury for a football player. Just as bad a an ACL, if not worse.

Plantar fascia isn't the really really bad one is it?

Navicular is what Egan & Trengove had from memory
Plantar fasciitis isn't as bad as a plantar fascia tear. Any injuries can have their mild to severe cases.
Plantar fasciitis is basically a strain of the sole. So if you think like that and then think back to all the times you've had ankle sprains/back strains, then you can get an idea that they can range from 1 week up to months to heal.

Plantar fasciitis isn't as bad as a plantar fascia tear. Any injuries can have their mild to severe cases.
Plantar fasciitis is basically a strain of the sole. So if you think like that and then think back to all the times you've had ankle sprains/back strains, then you can get an idea that they can range from 1 week up to months to heal.

John, are you a podiatrist?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back