Remove this Banner Ad

Bald

Premium Gold
Apr 5, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I remember when the Western Bulldogs crafted a unbelievable victory at the SCG in 2015 and defeated the Sydney Swans and it was at that moment the football world took notice. They started talking and respecting, they started following and fearing. Nobody wanted to play the Doggies in their colosseum at home, and now they had added a ever more impressive notch in their belt and beaten a premiership favourite in a manner and place they hadn't beaten anyone of that calibre in years.

While the journeys are different the outcomes are all so similar. Everyone was thinking Gibbs would be leaving, Murphy might be trade bait, Kreuzer was done, who wants to go to Carlton right?

So what happens then? These players all commit. One is favourite for the Brownlow, one dons a helmet like the warrior he is and leads this team better than any other, while the latter makes an unbelievable recovery and gives the fans a reason to cry Kreuz. Carlton go on and knock off one of the premiership favourites in Geelong, at a ground they have been dominated at by said team for years. The football world now takes notice.

Isn't it wonderful? I don't like intrusions as much as the next guy but seriously, well done. Enjoy it, your history is far more rich than ours and understandably when it comes down to it I wish my side far more success than your own, but I'm in awe of how history is almost repeating itself. I look forward to the years ahead. Enjoy the now, because next year when our 2016 becomes your 2017 and you're almost riddled with expectation it becomes a far more daunting task than playing with an aura of unknown. I'm sure you have the right pieces in place to embrace this challenge, I hope you as a supporter base also have this understanding.

Well done.

Using the OPs title theme... Carlton were travelling a road with lots of corrugations... there were lots of runnels where the road had been further damaged. But over the last couple of years... people came to the club who started getting things ready to rebuild the road. They have ripped up the old road and repaired or replaced the base. More people came in and we started to rebuild the road from the base up.

At the moment, the road is still rough, but if you look, you can see the finished surface starting to show throw the dust and the loose stones. The road looks promising and we know that in the future, the path will finally be smooth.

To walk a freshly paved path doesn't mean that the going will be smooth. We are rebuilding the road... from the base up so we know that what's beneath our feet will be solid with no bumps or wobbles to break our stride.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back