Prediction Walking the tightrope - The Run Home

Remove this Banner Ad

According to my ladder predictor, I have us finishing 9th and the Hawks being the team that knock us out. God i hope my psychic powers suck
I hope you get carded for this you sick *

Now have us finishing 6th losing to Geelong and Adelaide.

I actually suspect we will win both of those but drop one or two somewhere else.

It will quite honestly be remarkable if we win this thing. Not because we're not among the best, we are. But the sustained run of winning form required to pull it off will be something almost unprecedented. Essendon in 2000 were the last.

One week at a time. If we lose to the Saints then we're back to struggling to hold our spot in the top 8.

Barring a percentage blowout, if we win only 3 out of 6, three teams from below us need to win 4.... our new look angry swans won't let it happen

And it could get even better with Port and the Tiges facing testy runs home

The Saints are a potentially tough opponent, but flaky - their best is excellent, but who knows which version will turn up?

The hardness the Swans have got in their game at the moment will not allow them (IMO) to be overrun unless the Saints are absolutely on their A-game.

I actually suspect we will win both of those but drop one or two somewhere else.

It will quite honestly be remarkable if we win this thing. Not because we're not among the best, we are. But the sustained run of winning form required to pull it off will be something almost unprecedented. Essendon in 2000 were the last.
Lions in 01 finished the season with 16 wins straight I'm pretty sure.

Only Ladder predictor I want to see is Swansfan51 seeing as he is leading the whole of bigfooty in the tipping comp. He would be best bet to predict if we make it or not.
I should point out that I'm very good at understanding all the other teams except ours. For example I tipped GWS on the weekend and I tipped us most of the first 6 weeks when we kept being s**t

Yeah the Essendon team of 2000, not much to live up too. Just the most dominating single season performance, I have seen. I hope you are right!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barring a percentage blowout, if we win only 3 out of 6, three teams from below us need to win 4.... our new look angry swans won't let it happen

And it could get even better with Port and the Tiges facing testy runs home
This new angry and aggressive side of the team is awesome. It is getting results! This is essentially me watching games ATM.

This board was more entertaining when we were going to get pick 1 :p
You can say that again. For a while there was quiet resignation, then it turned into quiet optimism where those that were outwardly positive about the season were attacked with the whole, "don't jinx it" mentality.

One of the reasons I stopped posting here for a good 2-3 months, was because of overly negative retorts, negative points of views, attacking other posters for expressing themselves and just outright attacking posts they didn't agree with.

A few of those posters should immediately recognise themselves if they read this, and to be honest, this forum has been a bit s**t since the 0-6 start, where in seasons past it's been a pretty good place to post, regardless how the team is traveling.

I must say, I log on to talk footy, but not to read that every player is a useless campaigner and my opinions mean nothing, not that they ever did. I also don't log on to read other posters having a go at each other about their opinions in an unreasonable and occasionally completely unacceptable manner. It's not the facebook groups where everyone has to hold hands and sing kumbayah, but there's been a certain lack of respect and dignity here for a while.

/rant

I should point out that I'm very good at understanding all the other teams except ours. For example I tipped GWS on the weekend and I tipped us most of the first 6 weeks when we kept being s**t

That's fine. Just do it on the understanding that we lose to Adelaide and Geelong but win the rest. We're all operating under that premise.

You can say that again. For a while there was quiet resignation, then it turned into quiet optimism where those that were outwardly positive about the season were attacked with the whole, "don't jinx it" mentality.

One of the reasons I stopped posting here for a good 2-3 months, was because of overly negative retorts, negative points of views, attacking other posters for expressing themselves and just outright attacking posts they didn't agree with.

A few of those posters should immediately recognise themselves if they read this, and to be honest, this forum has been a bit s**t since the 0-6 start, where in seasons past it's been a pretty good place to post, regardless how the team is traveling.

I must say, I log on to talk footy, but not to read that every player is a useless campaigner and my opinions mean nothing, not that they ever did. I also don't log on to read other posters having a go at each other about their opinions in an unreasonable and occasionally completely unacceptable manner. It's not the facebook groups where everyone has to hold hands and sing kumbayah, but there's been a certain lack of respect and dignity here for a while.

/rant

This is not unique to the swans board, bigfooty or any online community really.

Reddit,Facebook,Other forums are all toxic to some degree,

Reddit is the cesspit of humanity by the way.

This is not unique to the swans board, bigfooty or any online community really.

Reddit,Facebook,Other forums are all toxic to some degree,

Reddit is the cesspit of humanity by the way.
Yeah it is, that's why I never go there. It's usually just 13 year olds slagging each other off trying to be tough as possible.

Yeah it is, that's why I never go there. It's usually just 13 year olds slagging each other off trying to be tough as possible.

That happens here too.

The real issue with reddit is the downvote function, but that's probably off-topic for this thread.

It's in my my blood - I can only tip Swans :)

Yeah but are we gonna make it
Yes we will make the finals. Making the top 4 would be extremely unlikely unless we win every remaining game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back