Test Rugby Wallabies 2021 Test Series vs France

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2021
Paddy's Pub
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
All Blacks
Felt great to be in the stadium last night, awesome packed atmosphere.

Shame that these series have been plagued by questionable referring and disallowed tries, however that takes us to the decider back in Brisbane.

Major changes required in the lineup for the Wallabies to snatch the last one.

sosos

Premiership Player
Apr 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Shame that these series have been plagued by questionable referring and disallowed tries, however that takes us to the decider back in Brisbane.
Union refereeing is always problematic with the massive 3 points for a penalty, plus the intricacies and differences in interpretations between northern and southern hemispheres.

Jun 19, 2011
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Wallabies
Rennie has named the following 23 for the decider:

15-1: Tom Banks, Filipo Daugunu, Len Ikitau, Hunter Paisami, Marika Koroibete, Noah Lolesio, Tate McDermott, Isi Naisarani, Michael Hooper (c), Lachlan Swinton, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Darcy Swain, Allan Alaalatoa, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, James Slipper

Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Angus Bell, Taniela Tupou, Matt Philip, Rob Valetini, Jake Gordon, Matt To’omua, Reece Hodge

Keeping in mind that this is the third test to be played in the space of about 11 days and therefore some players needed rest, I like a lot of these choices.

Lachlan Lonergan is a hard worker but he's just too small to be a test hooker so I'm glad he was left out and I hope that Uelese is finally able to become the player he has been mooted to be for so long.

I like Tupou coming off the bench, I really think that's the best use of him, to bring him on with 30-35 mins to go and let him run amok particularly given Alaalatoa is a genuinely good player to start.

Swain getting a start I think is great, really like the look of him. Philip deserves a starting spot moving forward though, hard worker who does a lot of dirty work.

Fascinating to see Swinton back. He is absolutely test quality imo but his uncontrolled aggression has made him a liability. I hope to god that he's on the way to getting a hold of himself because if he can do that, he's a genuinely great prospect with his physicality. Just about the only forward we have who could be classified as fearsome.

Glad to see Hodge return from injury, he's a must-pick.

McDermott starting was a must, Gordon had to go. As did Tom Wright. Glad that both of them lost starting spots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. So diving and holding your face in a place it wasn't hit is now a thing in rugby. Might as well just play soccer mate. And refs just encourage this kind of thing by falling for it. Pathetic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back